Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 14, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #18,002 of 40,559
Phantoms are listed if any one is looking. Temporary departure while I wait for Wraith.

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #18,011 of 40,559
The A12t sounds different to the U12t which I find is more neutral and brighter vs the custom version despite the tips I tried it with. In custom the A12t’s bass hits harder, and sounds warmer than U12t. But the bass quantity is still less than LX. Impact I though was pretty close, with the A12t having a little faster bass as well. In universal I’d say the Trio would be more of a direct competitor to the LX if you’re looking for something from 64 to compare.

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #18,012 of 40,559
The A12t sounds different to the U12t which I find is more neutral and brighter vs the custom version despite the tips I tried it with. In custom the A12t’s bass hits harder, and sounds warmer than U12t. But the bass quantity is still less than LX. Impact I though was pretty close, with the A12t having a little faster bass as well. In universal I’d say the Trio would be more of a direct competitor to the LX if you’re looking for something from 64 to compare.

I am testing the Tia Trio too, but really want a custom.

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #18,014 of 40,559
Does anyone have experience with Legend universal and Legend Custom? Wondering what the public’s experience with tips are to best mimic the custom. Have the demos at home, love the legend but the base with the foam tips can be overwhelming at times...

As I understand it final audio e tips are recommended for ee universals if that helps?

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #18,015 of 40,559
As I understand it final audio e tips are recommended for ee universals if that helps?

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but there is a marked difference between custom and universal with Final Audio tips (and any tip, I would wager). Any tip material is going to change the sound slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back