Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 29, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #17,791 of 40,540
Copper cables and the Zeus are hard to find a good pairing. I've tried a bunch and the 1960 2w ended being the only one I was satisified with it. I sold mine because of concerns about the durability of 2.5mm, and just looking at the price tag.

I've been trying to find a cable maker willing to entertain a bespoked request using 26 and 24 AWG copper wires per the 1960. I really want to see how much if that "US Sourced Copper" is worth the price tag. EA doesn't have 24 AWG copper though.

But the 1960's and Zeus together sounds so good (probably) I held onto my 1960's knowing I'd one day get a Zeus... Now here we are.

May 29, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #17,792 of 40,540
How would you guys compare the phantom and the lx? I love everything about the LX, except that it has a piercing treble to my ear. The hisses of vocalists' 's' sounds are really fatiguing, and I feel like it's the only thing keeping me from jumping the gun and buying the LX.

May 30, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #17,793 of 40,540
@nocturaline (or anyone else): did you try the Baravado unbalanced (Single Ended)?

I recently got this as I was tired of switching the cable on my CA Cascade and, well, the more I try it with the Bravado, the more I find them to be better sounding when used SE.

Anyone got a similar experience with the Bravado and/or prefer their music from a SE source?

May 30, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #17,794 of 40,540
Greetings! I just took delivery of a pair of universal Legend X from EE. First EE iems for me - so far liking what I hear. Was hoping EE has recessed sockets for the LX, but it turns out the recessed sockets are only for the CIEMs but not for the universals. To my surprise the Ares II cable came with LX cannot be plugged all the way in so instead of sitting flush on top of the sockets, there is about 1mm gap between the connector base and the IEMs. I had bad experiences previously with broken pins with another IEM, now I'm really worried about bending or even breaking the cable pin with the LX - anyone knows some alternative cables with shorter pins so that the connectors can sit flush on top of the IEM to make it a bit more robust? Thanks in advance... any suggestions will be appreciated!

May 30, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #17,795 of 40,540
Greetings! I just took delivery of a pair of universal Legend X from EE. First EE iems for me - so far liking what I hear. Was hoping EE has recessed sockets for the LX, but it turns out the recessed sockets are only for the CIEMs but not for the universals. To my surprise the Ares II cable came with LX cannot be plugged all the way in so instead of sitting flush on top of the sockets, there is about 1mm gap between the connector base and the IEMs. I had bad experiences previously with broken pins with another IEM, now I'm really worried about bending or even breaking the cable pin with the LX - anyone knows some alternative cables with shorter pins so that the connectors can sit flush on top of the IEM to make it a bit more robust? Thanks in advance... any suggestions will be appreciated!

I would recommend contacting Empire Ears as they will take care of you.

May 30, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #17,797 of 40,540
Thanks @mwhals, I had confirmed that the universals do not have recessed sockets. Not sure if it's not normal that the cable cannot be fully plugged though.
it's normal for a brand new earphone, within a couple of weeks the socket will stretch and there wont be a gap anymore, you can accelerate the process by plugging and unplugging the cable few times.

May 30, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #17,798 of 40,540
Thanks @mwhals, I had confirmed that the universals do not have recessed sockets. Not sure if it's not normal that the cable cannot be fully plugged though.

Unfortunately I too have about 0.5 -1mm gap between the socket and the pins, I don't think there is a way to fix this

May 30, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #17,799 of 40,540
@nocturaline (or anyone else): did you try the Baravado unbalanced (Single Ended)?

I recently got this as I was tired of switching the cable on my CA Cascade and, well, the more I try it with the Bravado, the more I find them to be better sounding when used SE.

Anyone got a similar experience with the Bravado and/or prefer their music from a SE source?
No, I haven't tried the Bravado single ended. Since I ordered it with the balanced cable, I went directly with that. I tried other headphones and iems single ended, but none were particularly exciting, which i blame more on the headphones than the type of cable.

May 30, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #17,802 of 40,540
EE and EA have a slight problem with socket and pin. Often the pins will not go all the way in at first. Over time, with careful handling, they will. My Ares ll 8-wire took months before the right side would fit flush. It just seems that the pins are slightly larger than the sockets. The main thing is not to try and force them all the way in. Acrylic shells need TLC.

May 30, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #17,803 of 40,540
How long did you have the IEMs? See above message fro kubig123 - hopefully thing will improve over time.

I"m the third owner, and they were made in early 2018 with a tune-up by EE themselves 3 months ago.

May 30, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #17,804 of 40,540
I've decided to part ways with my Zeus R, ever since getting the Phantom, I've barely touched Zeus. Currently listed at $900 if anyone is interested.

May 30, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #17,805 of 40,540
I've decided to part ways with my Zeus R, ever since getting the Phantom, I've barely touched Zeus. Currently listed at $900 if anyone is interested.

Errmahgewd I would've snatched em up if you posted this two days agooo. But noooooooo no more Zeus?!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back