Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 19, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #16,501 of 40,538
Sure, wear and tear is a perfectly normal part of usage and it stands that if you cable roll, theres more than usual. However I still maintain that its unacceptable that a $500+ cable has equal odds of a part arbitarily failing through bare minimal usage while following the manufacturer's recommendations.

My Ares II is suffering the same problem and it has probably been removed from my LX less than 5 times.

Definitely keeping this in mind as I was eyeing the Leo II

Oct 19, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #16,502 of 40,538
My Ares II is suffering the same problem and it has probably been removed from my LX less than 5 times.

Definitely keeping this in mind as I was eyeing the Leo II
Me too. Lionheart was a big investment for me and my Aries II 4 wire didnt have that issue either.

I had my eye on Horus, Janus D or Leo II. Gonna wait and see if they fix the issue.

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #16,503 of 40,538
fyi , there are other great cable makers besides Effect Audio, you know

Norne Audio , PW Audio , DHC are the first that come to mind

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #16,504 of 40,538
fyi , there are other great cable makers besides Effect Audio, you know

Norne Audio , PW Audio , DHC are the first that come to mind

I'm sure there are. The problem is that the small number of Canadian dealers that carry cables, and an even smaller number of tours.

Yeah I'd love to owe a 1960 2 wire for the cheap price of( ($999.99 + taxes + shipping) x Exchange rate) + Duties + Brokerage Fees + More Taxes on top of that. But theres no way Im commiting that kind of money blindly. Its a catch 22.

Oct 19, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #16,505 of 40,538
well if i were in Canada i would probably buy something from Norne/DHC , being in US which is relatively nearby

btw congrats on legalizing pot , hopefully the rest of the planet will wake from the stupid stranglehold that is alcohol/tobacco

Oct 19, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #16,507 of 40,538
I'm sure there are. The problem is that the small number of Canadian dealers that carry cables, and an even smaller number of tours.

Yeah I'd love to owe a 1960 2 wire for the cheap price of( ($999.99 + taxes + shipping) x Exchange rate) + Duties + Brokerage Fees + More Taxes on top of that. But theres no way Im commiting that kind of money blindly. Its a catch 22.

Gotta love the low sales tax (if any) and fast and cheap shipping in the US along with their many audio shows and vendors.

Yes, I’m jealous :)

Btw any GTA ppl go to the Toronto Audiofest yet? I’m going Sunday so hopefully there may be some discounts :wink:

Oct 19, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #16,508 of 40,538
Gotta love the low sales tax (if any) and fast and cheap shipping in the US along with their many audio shows and vendors.

Yes, I’m jealous :)

Btw any GTA ppl go to the Toronto Audiofest yet? I’m going Sunday so hopefully there may be some discounts :wink:
Ah a fellow Canuck who feels my pain, it hurts everytime someone casually mention the US price and says "Its pretty good for the price, shipping is fast and cheap, whats tax? " Every time I see a US price now, I just double it in my head. Saves me a lot of money, but I end up not having anything I want.

Oct 19, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #16,509 of 40,538
Looking for some tips advice. I'm on the ESR/Bravado tour, and they showed up today. I plan to review the ESRs, but I'm not sure the tips that were included bring out the best of of these monitors. I wouldn't mind buying some alternatives to try out before I finalizing my review. Specifically, the treble seems off to me. Bass and mids seem fine.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!!!

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #16,510 of 40,538
Looking for some tips advice. I'm on the ESR/Bravado tour, and they showed up today. I plan to review the ESRs, but I'm not sure the tips that were included bring out the best of of these monitors. I wouldn't mind buying some alternatives to try out before I finalizing my review. Specifically, the treble seems off to me. Bass and mids seem fine.

JVC Spiral dots have worked very well for me with the Bravados, Legend X, and Phantom. The wider opening lets them be what they are. Without constriction of sound IMHO.

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #16,511 of 40,538
JVC Spiral dots have worked very well for me with the Bravados, Legend X, and Phantom. The wider opening lets them be what they are. Without constriction of sound IMHO.

Thanks!! I've heard a lot of great things about Spiral dots. Could be a good time to give them a "spin". (bad pun intended)

Oct 19, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #16,512 of 40,538
Hm, I’ve tried other tips like Spiral Dots, Spinfits and Symbio and I find the stock FA tips give the best sound (thundering sub-bass and treble balance) for my Bravados.

I might need to roll tips again...

Oct 19, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #16,513 of 40,538
Everyone talking about rolling tips and different IEMs and literally the only thing that stays well on my ears are EE Models and the FA tips.

Oct 20, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #16,514 of 40,538

+1 on the Spiral Dots. I've found that they let the bass rumble freely.

If you want a little more control and articulation but maintain the openness of the Spiral Dots, my go-to is the Symbio Hybrids. I've just discovered that they work EVEN BETTER if you remove the foam. I know it sort of defeats the purpose of being a "hybrid" but removing the foam makes it sound like a slightly more controlled Spiral Dots which still letting the bass rumble and makes them MUCH more comfortable to wear.

As always, your tip choice depends on your taste but it never hurts to try all configurations.

Oct 20, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #16,515 of 40,538
Phantom owners, did you find the sound warmer(more bass) as you went from universal to customs?.I know better seal , deeper insertion with custom will improve the bass, but does it make the sound any warmer than it was as you heard on the universals?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back