Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 2, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #15,196 of 40,559
Congrats! I use Spiral Dots on virtually all my IEMs including the EE ESRs. Very happy with them. Amazon sells them.
Is there a specific size you need to get with the spiral dots? I only see one size on amazon. I mean they come in small, medium, etc. but do they make different bore sizes for different iems or just the size you need (medium) and you’re good? I know comply makes a bunch of different bore sizes , 3.8, 4.5 etc.

I did contact the guy in the US regarding the final e tips and he replied immediately so thanks so much for the info. Everyone on headfi has always been super helpful, it’s awesome. I appreciate you guys.

Aug 2, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #15,197 of 40,559
Is there a specific size you need to get with the spiral dots? I only see one size on amazon. I mean they come in small, medium, etc. but do they make different bore sizes for different iems or just the size you need (medium) and you’re good? I know comply makes a bunch of different bore sizes , 3.8, 4.5 etc.

I did contact the guy in the US regarding the final e tips and he replied immediately so thanks so much for the info. Everyone on headfi has always been super helpful, it’s awesome. I appreciate you guys.
Only one bore size for the spiral dots

Aug 3, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #15,200 of 40,559

@Hawaiibadboy impressions on the Bravado if anyone’s interested. I own it and also demo’d the Legend X and I agree with a lot of what he says. Can’t wait for the full review.

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #15,201 of 40,559

@Hawaiibadboy impressions on the Bravado if anyone’s interested. I own it and also demo’d the Legend X and I agree with a lot of what he says. Can’t wait for the full review.

I hope he posts pics for the next two weeks, I still haven't seen one

EDIT- Wow! Lotta love for HBB in the EE thread, eh? I guess we all forgot about his LX review sample...

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #15,202 of 40,559
another tasty Prog House pick for today , to keep our friend @NaiveSound from starving (musically speaking)

Zeus XR is making me happy with each passing day, amazing clarity/separation without sounding sterile - Zeus XR handles perfectly the prog house genre

after 8 years of constantly upgrading my daps/iems , i am finally just enjoying music (and saving my wallet from crying)

Aug 3, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #15,203 of 40,559
Hi guys,

Just wondering if the Vanatage would be any good for gaming as well as music? I’m sick of using headphones when sitting at my pc for both music and gaming just find them all over cumbersome and uncomfortable. Been looking at the vanatage but not entirely sure how an iem would perform for gaming as all. I figure in 2018 these higher end iems would be up to par with some of the totl headphones with the newer deiver tech that’s available today.

Can anyone give me any feedback? I also can not find a single review on the vanaage anywhere.

Thanks for any help or reccomendations from the empire ears line up of iems would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, so their ESR's are very neutral and would be nice for this.

On the X-series, the bravado, vantage, and nemesis are each 'different', in that they are designed to do cater to certain experiences.

I'm fortunate enough to live in Atlanta, so I went to empire ears and listened to their IEMs.
If I wanted something for music and gaming with a focus on separation, I think I'd choose the ESR's.

I don't think there's enough soundstage on the bravado's, but I haven't been able to play games yet to find out.

Aug 3, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #15,204 of 40,559
Hey, so their ESR's are very neutral and would be nice for this.

On the X-series, the bravado, vantage, and nemesis are each 'different', in that they are designed to do cater to certain experiences.

I'm fortunate enough to live in Atlanta, so I went to empire ears and listened to their IEMs.
If I wanted something for music and gaming with a focus on separation, I think I'd choose the ESR's.

I don't think there's enough soundstage on the bravado's, but I haven't been able to play games yet to find out.

Awesome thanks for your feedback, I just figured the higher you go up the product line as far as price is concerned the more driver technology and added amout of drivers is included allowing for a richer experience across a broader spectrum of uses, and just thought the vantage with that little bit of extra bass response would be great for games.

I’m in the unfortunate position of not being in a position where I can try before I buy is all so I just need to buy based of feedback from other users.

Have you ever used any of these iems for gaming? Just trying to find an all in one solution.

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #15,205 of 40,559
Awesome thanks for your feedback, I just figured the higher you go up the product line as far as price is concerned the more driver technology and added amout of drivers is included allowing for a richer experience across a broader spectrum of uses, and just thought the vantage with that little bit of extra bass response would be great for games.

I’m in the unfortunate position of not being in a position where I can try before I buy is all so I just need to buy based of feedback from other users.

Have you ever used any of these iems for gaming? Just trying to find an all in one solution.

What kind of games are you talking about?

For competitive FPS games, soundstage is very important. That is of course, hoping there's nothing crazy in that games audio engine.

CS:GO had a crazy bug for quite a while where you couldn't hear footsteps if someone was running towards you but there was a wall in between you. Fortnite and PUBG developers want to push 'cosmetic' updates and will produce bugs all the time. Especially with sound. Footsteps of someone underneath you sounding like they are on top of you?

If we talking about hearing bass from explosions and listening to cut scenes, they all will do that perfectly fine and which is better could be subjective. I will say the bass on these hybrids is impressive.

If sound stage is something that you absolutely need, I would buy open headphones or even 'gaming' headphones.

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #15,206 of 40,559
What kind of games are you talking about?

For competitive FPS games, soundstage is very important. That is of course, hoping there's nothing crazy in that games audio engine.

CS:GO had a crazy bug for quite a while where you couldn't hear footsteps if someone was running towards you but there was a wall in between you. Fortnite and PUBG developers want to push 'cosmetic' updates and will produce bugs all the time. Especially with sound. Footsteps of someone underneath you sounding like they are on top of you?

If we talking about hearing bass from explosions and listening to cut scenes, they all will do that perfectly fine and which is better could be subjective. I will say the bass on these hybrids is impressive.

If sound stage is something that you absolutely need, I would buy open headphones or even 'gaming' headphones.

I play a lot of rainbow 6 siege, a little overwatch but I do play single player games as well like farcry etc where there is explosions etc. ahhh I was really hoping I wouldn’t need to buy headphones again, I had focal utpoia, hd800S, mr speakers ether flows, mr speakers AEONs etc, and a hugo 2, I sold the lot as I just didn’t find anything to amazing about any of them except the HD800S for both music and games. I bought a 300 pair of sennheise gaming headphones and the sennheiser gsx 1200 pro gaming dac thing just to tie me over until I make my next move and was hoping iems would be my solution. Looks like I’m going back to headphones.

I know a lot of pro esport guys use iems underneath noise cancel headphones so thought there may be something there. Sound stage isn’t massivly important as long as I use them for all in one solution, I may just but both a headset and iem.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #15,207 of 40,559
I play a lot of rainbow 6 siege, a little overwatch but I do play single player games as well like farcry etc where there is explosions etc. ahhh I was really hoping I wouldn’t need to buy headphones again, I had focal utpoia, hd800S, mr speakers ether flows, mr speakers AEONs etc, and a hugo 2, I sold the lot as I just didn’t find anything to amazing about any of them except the HD800S for both music and games. I bought a 300 pair of sennheise gaming headphones and the sennheiser gsx 1200 pro gaming dac thing just to tie me over until I make my next move and was hoping iems would be my solution. Looks like I’m going back to headphones.

I know a lot of pro esport guys use iems underneath noise cancel headphones so thought there may be something there. Sound stage isn’t massivly important as long as I use them for all in one solution, I may just but both a headset and iem.

They need them for noise isolation.

I know in some situations, they use headphones that pumped white noise, and then computer audio through IEMs. Depends on if the arena has booths or not.

Also, they ALL have that setup at those competitions. So it's not like someone is there with worlds greatest sound stage headphones and then one team is stuck using apple earbuds. They might have their own IEMs, but I know they would prefer something like the ESRs to the vantage.

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #15,208 of 40,559
Hey guys just got my phantoms unfortunately I only have my lg v30 atm lol. Hey still have quad ess sabre dac :) so its good.

My first instant impression wow sounds like my hd800s + hdv 820. I got stoned by that fact.

So first impression passed with success when i get home I will try my hdv820 see how it goes.

Monday I will have the ibasso dx200 plus amp1 to try. Unfortunately no balance cable yet.

It sounds very good so powerfull and natural. A lot of details its very precise micro details every thing tou whant it has it.
Bass is very present but so far never bloated over other frequencies super clean :)

Vocals seems a tad thicker a bit, that so fun I like that. A very welcome change over the hd800s they tend make it thiner and more shiny.
Here its smothe and gentle. Also can do the sparcles if the song has it !

Tests are continued......

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #15,209 of 40,559
How different are phantom from legend x? I like the phantom they sounding awsume. Wonder if I wont prefer more the legend x. Or is the difference is in bass only and slightly more treble or sparkle on legend x?

Aug 3, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #15,210 of 40,559
There is a huge difference. X has gobs of bass on most everything you listen to as well as more energy on the high end along with other differences. Let your Phantom burn in for at least 200 hours before making real comparisons. Just enjoy your music for now. :wink:. you will be happier I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back