Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 13, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #12,721 of 40,541
There is the new iFi xDsD or the micro dsd black label with the iem match built-in. No hiss with Zeus or Zeus R.
But I thought the new lineups were less prone to hissing. Or I thought I had read that from the first impressions

I can only comment for the Phantom, which i've now listened to getting to for well over 500-600 hours (70% work which is mixture of dialogue and soundtracking / 30 music). I'm mainly listening to music from mac mini via hugo2 and i cant detect any audible hiss, perhaps a trace with mojo and again a trace with DF red. I guess i should point out my ears are probably not as well tuned to headfi as most on here. As i mentioned sensitivity has been more of an issue when i'm using iphone X + dac especially DF red which its almost impossible to keep in safe listening range.

Apr 13, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #12,722 of 40,541
I have about 6 hours on the Bravado with stock Spartan cable. The 2.5mm was out of stock so I elected to not wait on the cable.

The Bravado is impressive. The first 30 minutes I was like "Dat Bass!" It was so deep and impactful without obscuring details.

Everything sounds good on the Bravado due to their smooth nature. The details are there just not in your face.

I love the body that instruments and vocals have on the Bravado. For example, Etta James' voice is so rich and full. The backing band has so much groove.

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #12,723 of 40,541
I have about 6 hours on the Bravado with stock Spartan cable. The 2.5mm was out of stock so I elected to not wait on the cable.

The Bravado is impressive. The first 30 minutes I was like "Dat Bass!" It was so deep and impactful without obscuring details.

Everything sounds good on the Bravado due to their smooth nature. The details are there just not in your face.

I love the body that instruments and vocals have on the Bravado. For example, Etta James' voice is so rich and full. The backing band has so much groove.
Comparison with the Spartans?

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #12,724 of 40,541
My Legend x arrived today, would like to say a big thank you to Ethan for his great comms! Just had a quick listen with WM1Z and Lionheart cable and they sound wonderful, delicious bass, crystal clear mids and nicely extended highs. They have a lovely tonality that isn't too bright, nor warm. Just the slightest touch of warmth which is spot on. Going to give these a good burn-in now.

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #12,725 of 40,541
It is still really early but there are a few differences.The layering is more apparent on the Spartan, but I believe that is due to the smooth character of the Bravado.

This may sound weird, but I also think they are different approaches looking for the same result.

The both seem to possess a pretty even tonality. The DD bass of the Bravado is not shy, but it is also not overbearing. Several people have told me that the bass settles in nicely with a little time.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #12,727 of 40,541
They have them on the site I thought

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #12,728 of 40,541
They don’t see
They have them on the site I thought

They dont seem to be there for the new ranges unless they’re very well hidden. I have dm’d Ethan this morning

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #12,729 of 40,541
My Legend x arrived today, would like to say a big thank you to Ethan for his great comms! Just had a quick listen with WM1Z and Lionheart cable and they sound wonderful, delicious bass, crystal clear mids and nicely extended highs. They have a lovely tonality that isn't too bright, nor warm. Just the slightest touch of warmth which is spot on. Going to give these a good burn-in now.
With that kind of set up and it not sound wonderful then you might need to change hobby:ksc75smile:

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #12,732 of 40,541
They don’t see

They dont seem to be there for the new ranges unless they’re very well hidden. I have dm’d Ethan this morning
. hmmmm they will get them up I bet

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #12,733 of 40,541
Does anyone have the Nemesis and the Legend X and could post some impressions? To me it seems like the LX is more refined and the Nemesis is a bit more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back