Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 9, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #11,643 of 40,559
All EE universals (including the slightly bigger hybrids) will have a better fit than Noble's. The Vega is quite a bit slimmer considering its single-driver configuration, but the Legend X universal is shaped much more ergonomically than the Dulce Bass. The EE IEM has bumps and curves that help it sit much better in the ear, while the Noble IEM is merely an oval with a canal at the end.
thanks for this info. I'm so close in getting the lx or the phantom... but ill probably get the phantom due to I still enjoy the bass of my vegas.. I just want to hear something different and new .. I hope the phantom wont disappoint

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #11,644 of 40,559
I would say Deezel177 is pretty accurate in my experience. The Vega is way more comfortable than my Legend X universal. As far as comparing the Legend X to my Noble K10 I would say that they are pretty close comfort wise. Sound wise the Vega still is the king of bass imo. Legend X just feels a little more balanced across the treble and the mids compared to the Vega. Perhaps more of an audiophile sound with a little extra bass.

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #11,645 of 40,559
I would say Deezel177 is pretty accurate in my experience. The Vega is way more comfortable than my Legend X universal. As far as comparing the Legend X to my Noble K10 I would say that they are pretty close comfort wise. Sound wise the Vega still is the king of bass imo. Legend X just feels a little more balanced across the treble and the mids compared to the Vega. Perhaps more of an audiophile sound with a little extra bass.
Congratulations on getting the legend X! Can you comment on the sound versus the K10? Is it a marked upgrade? I'm thinking of upgrading from my custom K10:)

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #11,646 of 40,559
Congratulations on getting the legend X! Can you comment on the sound versus the K10? Is it a marked upgrade? I'm thinking of upgrading from my custom K10:)

I will have to go back and listen to my K10 when I get a chance. I feel like the K10 certainly has a smaller soundstage and the mids are better on the K10. Other than that I believe I enjoy the Legend X more in all other areas other than mids. Will have to back and double check though.

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #11,647 of 40,559
I will have to go back and listen to my K10 when I get a chance. I feel like the K10 certainly has a smaller soundstage and the mids are better on the K10. Other than that I believe I enjoy the Legend X more in all other areas other than mids. Will have to back and double check though.
That would be awesome, I appreciate the reply. I listen to pretty much all kinds of music except classical but I do have a lot of singer-songwriter music so mids are probably important, I'm not sure I'm no expert

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #11,648 of 40,559
That would be awesome, I appreciate the reply. I listen to pretty much all kinds of music except classical but I do have a lot of singer-songwriter music so mids are probably important, I'm not sure I'm no expert
If that's the case I highly, highly recommend the Phantom.

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #11,650 of 40,559
That's the hard part, I love Good mids but I also love me some good bass so I'm completely torn
My last totl IEM was the Vega, to give you some perspective. Phantom has the perfect magic amount of bass... tonality and articulation of its bass far exceed the Vega, and I've yet to feel that any song lacks bass in nearly every genre. Except EDM which I don't listen to... if that's your thing then Vega or Legend X are the way to go. Otherwise I was more than pleasantly surprised at the Phantom's bass. It keeps impressing me daily. And for that matter I've yet to feel Phantom lacks of anything. And I hate that this makes me sound like a fanboy with new toy syndrome... but... well... it's just true!

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #11,651 of 40,559
My last totl IEM was the Vega, to give you some perspective lol. Phantom has the perfect magic amount of bass... tonality and articulation of it's bass far exceed the Vegas, and I've yet to feel that songs lack bass in nearly every genre. Except EDM which I don't listen to... if that's your thing then Vega or Legend X are the way to go. Otherwise I was more than pleasantly surprised at the Phantom's bass. It keeps impressing me daily.
That's some good insight, I owned the Vegas at one point and I loved them I just wanted to go the custom route. What about for rock and Metal? Will I feel the drum impact in a Metallica song?

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #11,652 of 40,559
That's some good insight, I owned the Vegas at one point and I loved them I just wanted to go the custom route. What about for rock and Metal? Will I feel the drum impact in a Metallica song?
Absolutely. You'll feel EVERYTHING without any part of the frequencies overpowering any other part... just all of it comes to life together, in an insanely vivid way. I listened to Tool during my commute yesterday and it kicked serious a$$. Heard some Megadeth this morning and it knocked the sleepiness right out of me lol.

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #11,653 of 40,559
Absolutely. You'll feel EVERYTHING without any part of the frequencies overpowering any other part... just all of it comes to life together, in an insanely vivid way. I listened to Tool during my commute yesterday and it kicked serious a$$. Heard some Megadeth this morning and it knocked the sleepiness right out of me lol.
Damn, these things must really be something special:D I really appreciate the feedback, especially because it will help save a lot of money from the Legend X haha

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #11,654 of 40,559
I was listening to Rush's live album A Show Of Hands the other day with the Phantom and Neil Peart's drum solo sounded excellent on these.

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #11,655 of 40,559

To be honest, Balanced Armatures don't deliver the same visceral, physical movement of air that dynamic drivers do. You will not feel the bass as much.

That's inherently neither bad nor good. It's all a matter of preference. @flinkenick favors the BA sound. Whereas I love the physicality of DDs. Yet we've both been floored by IEMs of the opposite group.

Just be aware there are distinct differences between these technologies, and adjust your expectations accordingly. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back