Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 8, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #11,611 of 40,544
I guess the opinion I was agruing was this:

Accentuated, guttural, and crisp are all terms that have a subjective grey area that will change from person to person - simply because our ears are all different. At some point the accentuation would reach a point where we could all agree that it exists, but I believe those points would form a spectrum.

That's not to say reviews are worthless, just that they're limited unless the person reading the review can create an actual point of reference between themselves and the reviewer.

Gotcha, man. That's a fair point. :)

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #11,614 of 40,544
Interesting discussions, my fellow Head-Fi'ers. I thank each and every participant. Your views, impressions, and opinions make this forum the fun and crazy place it is.

:)

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #11,615 of 40,544
Continuing my photo bombing of this thread.. (Last one)

Another pic i took today my Zeus:
20180308 -_DSC6449-85 mm-ISO 500-1-60 sec at f - 5,0 - 5503 x 3695.jpg

And the Zeus and legend-x again

20180308 -_DSC6384-85 mm-ISO 800-1-60 sec at f - 4,5 - 3173 x 2412.jpg

20180308 -_DSC6378-85 mm-ISO 800-1-80 sec at f - 5,0 - 3719 x 3766.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #11,616 of 40,544
Continuing my photo bombing of this thread..

Another pic i took today my Zeus:

And the Zeus and legend-x again

Some people, hey... They have it all! Enjoy your wonderful collection! :beerchug:

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #11,617 of 40,544
Some people, hey... They have it all! Enjoy your wonderful collection! :beerchug:
Thanks, and it's not to make anyone jealous just to be clear, but to let everyone enjoy the beauty :)

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #11,618 of 40,544
Thanks, and it's not to make anyone jealous just to be clear, but to let everyone enjoy the beauty :)
I know, I know, but I'm still jealous because most of what you have is on my "dream, dream again and dream some more"-wish list. :D Although granted, I am not yet seeing the sort of cables I have on that list. :p

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #11,619 of 40,544
I know, I know, but I'm still jealous because most of what you have is on my "dream, dream and dream some more"-wish list. :D Although granted, I am not yet seeing the sort of cables I have on that list. :p
Cables :), lets not start that discussion, at least wait a day so we can all calm down from the V discussion first :) But sure one can dream about expensive cables, but i would prioritise another pair of CIEMS first.

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #11,620 of 40,544
Cables :), lets not start that discussion, at least wait a day so we can all calm down from the V discussion first :) But sure one can dream about expensive cables, but i would prioritise another pair of CIEMS first.
Hehe, most people here will know that I was led astray by a certain reviewer who shall remain nameless *cough* Nic *cough* and now I am hooked, so I am constantly looking for great synergy.
But for now just enjoy your Legend X without any worries... Tomorrow will be a brand new day. :imp:

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #11,622 of 40,544
Since today is a new day in Singapore, (7ish am), time for cables?
I personally had the privilege to listen to the legend x with an 8braid Leonidas cable and was stunned by the musicality :wink:

Mar 8, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #11,623 of 40,544
I'll call you soon lol. Not very experienced in the 2-channel world haha

I'll treat you with kid gloves, lol. I have a guy in Hotlanta for you. One of the best in the US. Lot's of lines, knows what mates best in all price ranges. I'll be speaking with you tomorrow possibly. This is the weekend :wink:...are you all in the office on Monday? :wink:

Mar 8, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #11,624 of 40,544
Since today is a new day in Singapore, (7ish am), time for cables?
I personally had the privilege to listen to the legend x with an 8braid Leonidas cable and was stunned by the musicality :wink:

So you didn't have a chance to listen to the NEW 8 wire one? Hmmmmm.

Mar 8, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #11,625 of 40,544
First off, I want to go on record that I LOVE me some V a few times a week.
so naughty.gif

@doctorjazz Glad to see you're joining the boat :) No ACS Encore ordeal here, you're in good hands

@Wyville oh wow, you did it! Wyville's getting one too! One 'happay' sold puppy out there to a good family x-D

@thebratts Thank you so much for the many pics. I never tire of seeing ciems. But by God, thou art truly blessed with some big canals and concha. You make the innards look so tiny in them shells. I bet you could handle up to 7 bores easy. I sure can't 5. 4 Already a mess (and harder to clean too).
Those triangle shaped 3 dots at the top of the shells are the DD vent ports I assume. I've noticed that on other ones of the new hybrid series too.

@Ethan Groover Will Canjam London be the only EU show Empire will attend in 2018? I mean if you go to High End Munich, I'd go to it just so I can listen to the line up earlier. Having to wait until July-August feels tantalizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back