Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 6, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #10,578 of 40,559
I prefer the Ares II+ to the Leonidas on my Zeus-XR - the slightly thicker sound to the music is more pleading to my tastes. The Leonidas has found a home on my U8, where it does a good job of adding a little touch of sharpness to the warmth. The best cable I've found for the Athena is actually the Whiplash SPC that came with my Zeus. All differences are vey minor, but at this sort of level it's just about preferences as much as absolutes IMHO.

Now to work out which pieces of gear I will be selling to try and pick up one of the new Legend series... :wink:

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #10,579 of 40,559
I prefer the Ares II+ to the Leonidas on my Zeus-XR - the slightly thicker sound to the music is more pleading to my tastes. The Leonidas has found a home on my U8, where it does a good job of adding a little touch of sharpness to the warmth. The best cable I've found for the Athena is actually the Whiplash SPC that came with my Zeus. All differences are vey minor, but at this sort of level it's just about preferences as much as absolutes IMHO.

Now to work out which pieces of gear I will be selling to try and pick up one of the new Legend series... :wink:

Is your kidney part of your gear list? I got mines ready.

Feb 6, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #10,580 of 40,559
Is your kidney part of your gear list? I got mines ready.

Don't think mine would be worth much - to many years playing rugby! :wink:

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #10,582 of 40,559
Proper rugby?

Semi-pro(per) - bit of Championship in Wales, and National One and Two in England for about 10 years. Still playing now, but mainly social these days. Do you play?

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #10,583 of 40,559
Semi-pro(per) - bit of Championship in Wales, and National One and Two in England for about 10 years. Still playing now, but mainly social these days. Do you play?
Nice! Do you play Union (you know, "proper" rugby :p )?

Sadly I don't play, rugby was never popular in the Netherlands when I grew up and by the time I discovered it I had already sufficiently damaged my body that it would be a very bad idea for me to start throwing myself into a ruck, even if just socially. :D

Feb 6, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #10,584 of 40,559
Nice! Do you play Union (you know, "proper" rugby :p )?

Sadly I don't play, rugby was never popular in the Netherlands when I grew up and by the time I discovered it I had already sufficiently damaged my body that it would be a very bad idea for me to start throwing myself into a ruck, even if just socially. :D

I do business in China and it is not good for my liver either.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #10,586 of 40,559
Please compare Zeus-XR against Phantom and come up with 1-2 things that the Zeus-XR does well over the Phantom and vice versa other than winning the war on driver count. Thanks.

Although I can listen to the Phantom anytime when I walk past e earphone, I ask for the Legend X every single time. :imp:

I did that a couple of pages ago. If you have more specific questions, let me know. I have the Zeus XR Adel and heard the Phantom excessively over the last days.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #10,588 of 40,559
If only...Chinese like bai Jiu. Like hell in a bottle. Anyway, I have to get Chinese investors if I want to afford the Legend X
If you put that Hyla in the classifieds, you're almost there.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #10,589 of 40,559
If you put that Hyla in the classifieds, you're almost there.

241x2i.jpg

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #10,590 of 40,559
I

...just

...can't

....decide which is more irrelevant in this world...

Grossly-overpriced 'high-end audiophile' cables

or

Grossly-overrated games involving grown men running around after balls of various shapes and sizes

I guess this must mean I am stupid, lacking in discernment, or both.

It surely can't mean I am the only sane person, can it?

(P.S.
wink_Emoticon.gif
)

P.P.S. @ Mim' - sorry to hear about your liver - 52% ABV is pretty strong, I must say!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back