Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 5, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #8,491 of 40,539
So I have a stupid question, so I have the Zeus-XR Adel showing up in the mail tomorrow and it’s my first set of IEMS, but here’s my question. I keep hearing people say they turned their ADEL off for various reason, how do you turn your Zeus-XR Adel into non-ADEL?

sell it , use the funds to buy the non-adel version :gs1000smile:

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #8,492 of 40,539
So I have a stupid question, so I have the Zeus-XR Adel showing up in the mail tomorrow and it’s my first set of IEMS, but here’s my question. I keep hearing people say they turned their ADEL off for various reason, how do you turn your Zeus-XR Adel into non-ADEL?

Yea you really can't achieve the sort of sound you'd get from an XR non-A even with the carrot module. Much prefer XR for image solidity, layer, separation, clarity and resolution.

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #8,493 of 40,539
I've got the Hugo 2 coming...I was going to send my Zeus XR off to be refitted on the left side but decided to wait in order to post my thoughts with the Hugo 2 pairing. I'm so psyched, Hugo 2 and the new EE stuff is really the only thing I care to hear these days.

Sep 5, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #8,494 of 40,539
Hey at least you've a better player than me lol.

And the Cerberus is quite a good IEM. The bass packs quite a punch from my last experience.

Strange thing that happened the other day when I was using them at work. Had managed to get a seal and was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of bass that was coming out. It was tending to swamp the vocals a bit which wasn't my cup of tea at all. Checked the sony's settings and it transpired that I had switched clearaudio+ on by accident! I'm a don't believe in any eq or effects kind of guy so switched it back off and the bass settled back down almost straight away. Still it showed that I could get a decent seal, so hoping that a bit of thickening on the left is all that is required.

Sep 5, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #8,495 of 40,539
Strange thing that happened the other day when I was using them at work. Had managed to get a seal and was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of bass that was coming out. It was tending to swamp the vocals a bit which wasn't my cup of tea at all. Checked the sony's settings and it transpired that I had switched clearaudio+ on by accident! I'm a don't believe in any eq or effects kind of guy so switched it back off and the bass settled back down almost straight away. Still it showed that I could get a decent seal, so hoping that a bit of thickening on the left is all that is required.

the clearaudio+ feature is quite a bigger for Sony players eh...

But glad you resolved the problem at least.

Personally I only use the bass on/off features once in a while with my E12A as I think its got the best implemented bass boost from many amps I've tried over the years.

But that's all. I never touch EQ either myself.

Sep 5, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #8,496 of 40,539
Looks like our webmaster goofed up over the weekend and the labor day sale never went live so we'll be doing a post labor day sales until 9/11 to make up for it! 15% off everything =)

Untitled.png

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #8,497 of 40,539
Can anyone tell me how the Zeus-XIV compares to the Zeus-XIV Adel with the O1 module? Does it closely make it fully isolating or is there a noticeable difference (mostly in the sub-bass i'd assume)

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #8,498 of 40,539
just wanted to say how much I love my Zeus XR - and i really like the bass on zeus, as it hits hard without sounding bloated

it's what another member said , zeus may not gonna WOW you at first listen but at some point you will catch yourself being addicted to it

clarity, separation , musicality - it's all there

great job EE

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #8,503 of 40,539
I hope EE is good through the hurricane

yeah...the Hurricane Irma seemed pretty bad and isn't showing much sign of slowing down despite numerous direct landfalls...

Hope Jack and his team stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back