Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 14, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #6,766 of 40,559

Just wondering whatever happened to this? Is there anything still in the pipeline?
popcorn.gif
biggrin.gif

well he gave away a name card, and let me take a picture :)

--

i tried the prototype as well, i thought this was supposed to be a secret. they're still tuning/tweaking. but upon first listen, i can say that the bass is a lot stronger than zeus, bit overwhelming. the mids crystal clear, zeus-like sound. the treble a bit high (for my taste), but ok.

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #6,767 of 40,559

--

i tried the prototype as well, i thought this was supposed to be a secret. they're still tuning/tweaking. but upon first listen, i can say that the bass is a lot stronger than zeus, bit overwhelming. the mids crystal clear, zeus-like sound. the treble a bit high (for my taste), but ok.

The configurations are (or were, anyway) supposed to be kept secret. However, Jack's stated that impressions are very much welcome.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #6,768 of 40,559

--

So it's a multi peak then, fascinating: ^ - ^- ^

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #6,769 of 40,559
The more I hear about this prototype IEM, the more curious I become...damn...
frown.gif

I really hope I can get some more info in what is what since it seems the best bet I can get so far is through Proto X's impression it seems like a worthy competitor to near flagship models.

Hope @Jack Vang can tell me more about this when he's free, whether through here or PM or something...
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #6,770 of 40,559
The more I hear about this prototype IEM, the more curious I become...damn...:frowning2:

I really hope I can get some more info in what is what since it seems the best bet I can get so far is through Proto X's impression it seems like a worthy competitor to near flagship models.

Hope @Jack Vang
 can tell me more about this when he's free, whether through here or PM or something...:p  

Everyone likes the new toy.

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #6,772 of 40,559
i am visiting this thread 20 times a day to read more about what is to come, as I am so eager to get a new flagship from the Master himself Mr @Jack Vang 

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #6,775 of 40,559
Can't wait to get rid of my adel xr for this new beast

well, you absolutely must try it first. who knows you may dislike this beast and complain about it afterwards :p

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #6,776 of 40,559
well, you absolutely must try it first. who knows you may dislike this beast and complain about it afterwards :p

If I do so be it. But I can't imagine anything being as bad of an iem as the adel parts. Maybe iems under 500...yes. But I feel like my adel Xr is inferior to many 800 or 1k iems.

Now XR (non adel), now that's crazy impressive

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #6,777 of 40,559
Hi everyone! I think this is my first head fi post. I should be getting my hands on my XRA today (can't wait!). I'm no good at describing sound so I likely won't be able to post any useful impressions of the Zeus. I've been really enjoying reading through this thread a lot the past two months while trying decide on a new iem, and during the wait for mine to be made. I've been wondering what amps work well with the Zeus? I've gotten really interested in trying the ALO CV5, but I'm a bit worried it might cause some hiss with the Zeus. Has anyone tried this amp with the Zeus and have any thoughts on the pairing? I saw a post saying that the ALO Rx pairs well with the Zeus but I've been reading a lot about how the CV5 is much more impressive in general and I'd like to get a taste of what I read people call tube sound, so I've been more interested in the CV5.

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #6,779 of 40,559
Anyone know if Empire Ears has provided any sort of deals at CanJam?
Yes, they have been. I believe it has been 20% off non-ADEL (C)IEMs and 15% off of ADEL (C)IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back