Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 5, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #5,356 of 40,559
Hi All, I am going to be getting a Zeus XRA very soon, but this morning I killed my Calyx M. I currently use a K10 and Katana. I need to get a new DAP ASAP as I am now without one. My 1960 and no5 cables just arrived two days ago also - sigh. So I want to get a Dap that will work nicely with the Zeus. Is there any consensus on what Dap's pair best?

Thinking maybe ak240SS? But open to suggestions. I can also get a good price on AK320 and lottoo paw gold.

Thanks.

Im pretty sure someone applauded the AK240SS x Zeus duo not too long ago. Not sure if his model was the XRA though. Anyhow, try utilizing the 'Search This Thread' feature at the bottom! You'll find an abundance of members who own the Zeus XIV/R commenting on which DAP pairs well 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #5,357 of 40,559
Im pretty sure someone applauded the AK240SS x Zeus duo not too long ago. Not sure if his model was the XRA though. Anyhow, try utilizing the 'Search This Thread' feature at the bottom! You'll find an abundance of members who own the Zeus XIV/R commenting on which DAP pairs well :)

Current best DAP for all Zeus is the Sony wm1a/z

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #5,358 of 40,559
Jan 6, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #5,361 of 40,559
Personally don't trust anything I can't measure with a geiger counter. or mass spectrometer.

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #5,363 of 40,559
 a friendly suggestion as i went into a lot of frustration before finally enjoying my athena

athena owners should pair their athena with the Whiplash Twag V3 (8-con) cable

fantastic synergy - this cable elevates athena to a whole new level - this is like bringing scottie pippen into the bulls lineup ---> championship union

i hear a huge transformation , and finally athena can look my NT6 eye-to-eye (although they have very different sound signatures , both of which i find very enjoyable)

athena sounds spacious and full-sounding , while retaining great clarity and separation

the bass hits nicely , the mids are beautiful and there is as much sparkle in the highs as needed 

very happy camper here 
biggrin.gif

the stock cable does not do the athena any justice (like any stock cable to any totl ciem) , so if you are on the lookout for a good upgrade cable i think that twagv3 DELIVERS 
cool.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #5,364 of 40,559
The best DAP for the Zeus is the one that you like the most with it.

[rule]
Happy New Year everyone!

Wise words, my friend. Happy New Year to you, too!

In any case, I greatly enjoy my Zeus with my Mojo. It's probably the source I use the most.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #5,365 of 40,559
I see there is so no option to build own "colour" of universal model on Empire Ears site as it was a few weeks ago :frowning2: why? Some news? I actually liked this option and wanted use it in future when will be right time. Thanks for info..

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #5,367 of 40,559
  I see there is so no option to build own "colour" of universal model on Empire Ears site as it was a few weeks ago :frowning2: why? Some news? I actually liked this option and wanted use it in future when will be right time. Thanks for info..

I'm sure it's still an option, though it looks like it might have gone missing in the process of updating the website?

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #5,368 of 40,559

In any case, I greatly enjoy my Zeus with my Mojo. It's probably the source I use the most.

Thanks for your input everyone. The lower priced Sony looks interesting, esp the battery time, coming from the appalling battery life of the Calyx M. Will have a listen to the mojo also and the AK's this week.

I definately agree the ideal dap for an individual is a matter of personal preference however with the high sensitivity of the Zeus I don't want to get something now that will make the Zeus hiss too much. Thanks.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #5,369 of 40,559

Im pretty sure someone applauded the AK240SS x Zeus duo not too long ago. Not sure if his model was the XRA though. Anyhow, try utilizing the 'Search This Thread' feature at the bottom! You'll find an abundance of members who own the Zeus XIV/R commenting on which DAP pairs well 
smily_headphones1.gif

That was likely me. 
wink.gif
 ...but this is for the Zeus -R...both are awesome, but I prefer the more neutral sound of the -R. YMMV The Chord Mojo works very well too with them!

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #5,370 of 40,559

Hope to meet you in Singapore (CanJam) this year.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back