Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 9, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #4,951 of 40,559
  All this speculation about ADEL version, can start a hype train and could mislead people. Although ADEL improves the airiness and separation on the already impressive Zeus, it doesn't transform the IEM into a whole new monster, but rather, what you have is just another variant of the IEM, with certain differences in presentation. In fact there could be people who might refer the non-ADEL over the ADEL version.

Yeah...good point.

I shall reserve all judgments on the ADEL versions of the Empire series until I try any of them this month...

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #4,952 of 40,559
  Yeah...good point.

I shall reserve all judgments on the ADEL versions of the Empire series until I try any of them this month...

If I may, the adel version actually leads to a loss of absolute resolution compared to the non adel version. the reason why people find the adel version improving detail retrieval, is that extended continuous tests leads to ear fatigue in the normal version, which is prevented by the adel tech. 

Try doing your demos in multiple stretches no longer than 3-5 mins each, and you will hear what I mean. The adel version certainly aids in the overall comfort, and maintaining that level of sensitivity to the different frequencies over a long period of time, but in terms of absolute detail retrieval, the non-adel version stands above it.

Its a give and take kind of thing; neither is superior to the other. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #4,953 of 40,559

If I may, the adel version actually leads to a loss of absolute resolution compared to the non adel version. the reason why people find the adel version improving detail retrieval, is that extended continuous tests leads to ear fatigue in the normal version, which is prevented by the adel tech. 

Try doing your demos in multiple stretches no longer than 3-5 mins each, and you will hear what I mean. The adel version certainly aids in the overall comfort, and maintaining that level of sensitivity to the different frequencies over a long period of time, but in terms of absolute detail retrieval, the non-adel version stands above it.

So that means in terms of resolution the non-ADEL version is better but will lead to hearing fatigue faster?

On the other hand while the ADEL version cause resolution loss but in return better comfort? 

Sorry if I got mixed up.

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #4,954 of 40,559

Is it possible to emulate the non-ADEL version by using the MAM module and closing it completely? I heard the Z in the store and loved it because of its resolution and detail.

Furthermore, how big is the difference you mentioned?

Thanks and best regards,
Dan

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #4,955 of 40,559
Closing the MAM fully may make the CIEM slightly more bassy than the non-ADEL version.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #4,956 of 40,559
Zeus XR Adel vs Andromedia?

Zeus XR Adel with Mojo vs QP1R?

With my Zeus R, I like it with the Mojo just a tad bit more. Smoother with less hiss to my ears. However, the QP1R would probably be more musical if thats your taste.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #4,959 of 40,559
  QP1R is hissing with the Zeus R (non adel) FYI

This was also my experience with most of Empire Ears' more sensitive IEMs. Simple solution: use a different source. The demo pairs were efficient enough to run straight from an iPhone and yet scaled well with better gear, like the Mojo.

One important detail to note is that some people are more sensitive to hissing than others. For you and me the QP1R had some noise. I won't use it with sensitive gear for that reason. Then if you look at my friends, some either don't notice it or it doesn't bother them at all. Everyone responds to it a bit differently.

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #4,960 of 40,559

These are the following gear that I've owned (or demoed/tested) with regards to hiss (Supra II);
RWAK100S + ALO RX MK3B = hiss
RWAK100S + Pico Slim         = no hiss
RWAK100S + Mojo                = no hiss
LG G3                                   = no hiss
PC on board (ALC1150)          = no hiss
QP1R (demo)                        = no hiss
Plenue D (demo)                    = no hiss
Hidizs AP100 (demo)              = no hiss
Cayin N6 (demo)                    = no hiss
AK Jr (demo)                         = no hiss

Not sure how relevant this information is to the Savage series but each person's sensitivity to hiss is also a factor. Best would be for you to demo it or someone with similar equipment but even then it may not be accurate to your own perception.

I don't think any IEM becomes hiss-free with the Rx Mk3-B or B+ around. 
wink.gif
 That beast is packing a lot of power. Still, once the music starts playing, you'll tend to forget about it.

I'm not very sensitive to hiss, so this is not a personal issue. I've met folks who loathe it, though. So yeah, it's a subjective experience.

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #4,961 of 40,559

Now this is an interesting observation. I have no doubts regarding the ADEL technology's ability to increase comfort. However, the point concerning the difference, however minor, in resolving ability between either versions, is definitely intriguing. I have a Zeus XIV myself, and I've been looking at its ADEL twin as an upgrade. However, I'm not certain if its sound will remain relatively similar, if the port is closed.

Like @Rin1990, I'm eager as ever to try them out once the demos hit our shores.

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #4,962 of 40,559

I don't think any IEM becomes hiss-free with the Rx Mk3-B or B+ around. 
wink.gif
 That beast is packing a lot of power. Still, once the music starts playing, you'll tend to forget about it.

I'm not very sensitive to hiss, so this is not a personal issue. I've met folks who loathe it, though. So yeah, it's a subjective experience.

Yeah the RX MK3-B is a hiss monster hahaha but it doesn't bother me once the music plays unless it's songs with multiple quiet passages, then it can get noticeable.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #4,963 of 40,559
  Yeah the RX MK3-B is a hiss monster hahaha but it doesn't bother me once the music plays unless it's songs with multiple quiet passages, then it can get noticeable.

to be able to enjoy the amazing amp alo mk3 b which is one of the best portable amps out there, i use ifi iematch and no hiss what so ever coming from alo mk3B even on high gain

the sound stage becomes so huge and wide with zeus r using the alo mk3 B compared to anything i heard

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #4,964 of 40,559
  to be able to enjoy the amazing amp alo mk3 b which is one of the best portable amps out there, i use ifi iematch and no hiss what so ever coming from alo mk3B even on high gain

the sound stage becomes so huge and wide with zeus r using the alo mk3 B compared to anything i heard

Wow, very interesting! I didn't know iFi made such a product! The iFi iEMatch may be just the thing I need to calm down the slight hiss on my CEntrance Mini-M8 so that I can continue to enjoy it!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #4,965 of 40,559

Wow, very interesting! I didn't know iFi made such a product! The iFi iEMatch may be just the thing I need to calm down the slight hiss on my CEntrance Mini-M8 so that I can continue to enjoy it!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

If you are sensitive to hissing in quiet passages then definitely get one, Once I got one I threw the silly impedance adapters I had in the trash, nice to have one thing for all sources and all iem's and buds. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back