Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 1, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #2,206 of 40,539
I partly disagree with this. First of all, you cannot completely appreciate subblte differences between high end and TOTL without having spent time training you ear and trying a lot of stuff IMHO. Besides there is a lot of pleasure in the game itself, so if end the quest right away it is kind of ruining the fun.
yes I understand that aspect of it, the more time I take going through various levels of IEM quality, the more appreciation there is to be had. I have other hobbies that are also fairly expensive and time consuming. Basically, I have an IEM that I really enjoy, it sounds great to my ears, now I just want to go straight to the top as I have a set amount for one final audio purchase, plus I will be selling off other audio products. My money will then be spent on my other hobbies.

My audio listening is 100% portable. I don't have any source that requires a computer, most of my listening is done in a works van as I spend 12+ hours travelling a day. I don't think I would be the type to listen to multiple IEM's, when I find something I truly enjoy it becomes pretty exclusive. Going into multiple levels of IEM's will become a very expensive hobby in the long term. My portable stack is going to be zeus > mojo

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #2,207 of 40,539
yes I understand that aspect of it, the more time I take going through various levels of IEM quality, the more appreciation there is to be had. I have other hobbies that are also fairly expensive and time consuming. Basically, I have an IEM that I really enjoy, it sounds great to my ears, now I just want to go straight to the top as I have a set amount for one final audio purchase, plus I will be selling off other audio products. My money will then be spent on my other hobbies.

My audio listening is 100% portable. I don't have any source that requires a computer, most of my listening is done in a works van as I spend 12+ hours travelling a day. I don't think I would be the type to listen to multiple IEM's, when I find something I truly enjoy it becomes pretty exclusive. Going into multiple levels of IEM's will become a very expensive hobby in the long term. My portable stack is going to be zeus > mojo
If you want mid centric then go for Mojo to Zeus XIV not Zeus-R.

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #2,209 of 40,539
If you want mid centric then go for Mojo to Zeus XIV not Zeus-R.

I agree. Vocals on original Zeus-XIV are outstanding. Some may find its sound signature not "balanced" because of the midrange emphasis, but try it with well-mastered vocalist tracks and you may well find Zeus-XIV unforgettable.

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #2,210 of 40,539
ye its zeus originlal im after. Do you have any impressions on original zeus? Cheers bud

Probably some of the best vocals that you'll ever hear. The Zeus XIV has a lush, sweet, powerful midrange, and authoritative bass that has good impact and great layering. The Mojo is a great source for the Zeus (and most other IEMs), and I'd wholeheartedly recommend this combination, especially for fans of a more mid-forward sound signature.

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #2,212 of 40,539
Probably some of the best vocals that you'll ever hear. The Zeus XIV has a lush, sweet, powerful midrange, and authoritative bass that has good impact and great layering. The Mojo is a great source for the Zeus (and most other IEMs), and I'd wholeheartedly recommend this combination, especially for fans of a more mid-forward sound signature.

Not easy to drive properly without hiss, but once you do, the best mid resolution out there. No contest.

I agree. Vocals on original Zeus-XIV are outstanding. Some may find its sound signature not "balanced" because of the midrange emphasis, but try it with well-mastered vocalist tracks and you may well find Zeus-XIV unforgettable.
cheers guys, they must really be something special from your descriptions! Malevolent, thanks for all the descriptions and explanations you've provided over my past few posts

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #2,214 of 40,539
  Hey guys. Anybody have a good recommendation in the UK for a zipper case for customs?

You could look into point&shoot camera hard zipper cases. Like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Santiago-20-Pouch-Camera/dp/B003FGB8H0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470111276&sr=8-2&keywords=lowepro+santiago+20

But don't buy this one, because I tried it at a store and it is a bit sleek to store a Custom IEM.

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #2,216 of 40,539
  Hey guys. Anybody have a good recommendation in the UK for a zipper case for customs?

If your ears are small, this is great: https://www.amazon.com/Westone-Mini-Monitor-Vault-Earphones-Monitors/dp/B00KZEQFO6

Otherwise you can go with this : https://www.amazon.com/Shure-EASQRZIPCASE-BLK-Hard-sided-Zippered-Earphones/ 

Or this : https://www.amazon.com/Moleskine-S33049-Shell-Small-Black/dp/8866133043 

I actually have ALL of these (and more)
confused_face.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #2,217 of 40,539

Absolutely LOVE Linum organizer case (scroll down to the bottom: http://linum.dk/webshop), good quality and with mesh pockets on each side, including extra layered pockets.  To give you an idea of the size, it fits LPG dap like a glove.  Wonder if they are (or whoever reps them) going to have it at CanJam UK so you can buy it on a spot?.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back