Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 28, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #2,178 of 40,559

His thoughts between the R and the XIV are here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/1935#post_12638701

Cool. I remember seeing it, just didn't search far enough to find it.

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #2,179 of 40,559
  I know absolutely nothing about watches, hence the length of time it took me to finally get this project going, but over the weekend I had a chance to finally take one apart and mess around. What do you guys think? 

I think they're a lovely start. Helbros, nice choice.

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #2,182 of 40,559

What is that unicorn dust?
wink_face.gif

Time for the
ph34r.gif
skills to be put to the test.

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #2,186 of 40,559
  Hi guys, for anybody who are interested in reading about a tour at the EE office, feel free to go here.

Sweet write up!

And thanks for the little shout out. I haven't been forgotten yet haha 
wink_face.gif

Jul 29, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #2,188 of 40,559
I haven't heard the SE5 or A12. I have heard the U10. The Adele loaded iem seem to produce its sonic image a bit differently. It's lighter feeling and airy throughout. Things aren't dense like with many multi-BA's. While there's a feeling of open spaciousness, it's not a pinpoint, exacting kind of image. At least that's how I've interpreted it over a couple of days.

Shane, I know what I am about to ask is not a fair question, as it has been a while since you owned the U10, but off your memory, would you be able to comment, how the Z-R compares to the U10 in terms of tuning and technical capabilities?

Thanks for your help!

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #2,189 of 40,559
  Hi guys, for anybody who are interested in reading about a tour at the EE office, feel free to go here.

Nice write up. What I don't completely understand is the demo model of Zeus with the switch; Zeus-R should have a different crossover and added resistors against the hiss compared to the original XIV. So I'm guessing the switch would be between Zeus-R and a tuning resembling XIV, though not exactly the same thing (Jack?).  

Anyways, that would be an insanely cool production feature like the Vision Ears V6xcontrol. Please consider that in the future EE! 

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #2,190 of 40,559
Shane, I know what I am about to ask is not a fair question, as it has been a while since you owned the U10, but off your memory, would you be able to comment, how the Z-R compares to the U10 in terms of tuning and technical capabilities?

Thanks for your help!

The easy things I remember: the U10 is much, much bassier than the Zeus-R. Zeus's bass will be more tactile and firm compared to the airy Adele bass. Also the U10 didn't have a lot of treble presence. Treble detail could be masked by the prodigious bass. Treble is one of the Zeus-R fortes. Really nice sparkle and timbre, as well as very resolving. So overall the Zeus-R is much closer to neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back