Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 24, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #2,146 of 40,345
  Considering the Spartan to run out of my XPA-700. Seems to be sensitive, but as far as I could tell the XPA-700 is pitch black in both SE/balanced.

I auditioned the UERR recently and did not like the sound signature, but felt as though the technical qualities were lovely. Could anyone offer a comparison of the technical qualities between the UERR (my only reference sorry) and the Spartan-IV?

Where are you in SoCal? I have a Spartan custom you could listen to if we could meet up, I can;t do it until after August 3rd though if that helps.  

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #2,148 of 40,345
Anybody able to give me a comparison of zeus original vs Andromeda? Settled on zeus as my next IEM, haven't heard either, hoping to get to canjam london to test both. Doesn't look like its going to happen though

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #2,150 of 40,345
Anybody able to give me a comparison of zeus original vs Andromeda? Settled on zeus as my next IEM, haven't heard either, hoping to get to canjam london to test both. Doesn't look like its going to happen though

If we were to compare it based on each others sound signature, the andromeda is more balanced compared to the mid forward zeus, although I have heard some say andromeda is mid forward too but not to my ears, but then again i've also heard some say the treble is slightly aggressive. If I may quote @twister6's review, he claims that it has a W sound signature, which is a weird way to describe an IEM, but I somehow agree with it.

The Andromeda however, is not one for bass heavy IEM fans. That is a definite.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #2,151 of 40,345
If we were to compare it based on each others sound signature, the andromeda is more balanced compared to the mid forward zeus, although I have heard some say andromeda is mid forward too but not to my ears, but then again i've also heard some say the treble is slightly aggressive. If I may quote @twister6
's review, he claims that it has a W sound signature, which is a weird way to describe an IEM, but I somehow agree with it.

thanks ejong for the insight. Whilst I do enjoy bass in quantity, this hobby has made me realise that I think mids are most important to me across the sound spectrum. When I listen to my rock songs I want to be immersed in the singers voice and meat of the song as a whole. Anything that is lively and vocally close to my ears is what grabs my attention over lows and highs. As long as the zeus clarity is considered good quality im happy. Seeming as its my last audio purchase for a long while, I think im best off going custom too.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #2,152 of 40,345

If we were to compare it based on each others sound signature, the andromeda is more balanced compared to the mid forward zeus, although I have heard some say andromeda is mid forward too but not to my ears, but then again i've also heard some say the treble is slightly aggressive. If I may quote @twister6
's review, he claims that it has a W sound signature, which is a weird way to describe an IEM, but I somehow agree with it.

thanks ejong for the insight. Whilst I do enjoy bass in quantity, this hobby has made me realise that I think mids are most important to me across the sound spectrum. When I listen to my rock songs I want to be immersed in the singers voice and meat of the song as a whole. Anything that is lively and vocally close to my ears is what grabs my attention over lows and highs. As long as the zeus clarity is considered good quality im happy. Seeming as its my last audio purchase for a long while, I think im best off going custom too.

I never had a chance to audition the original God of 14 drivers, but very soon will begin my testing of Zeus-R and will certainly throw Andromeda into the comparison mix.  Based on what I heard/read from others, Z-R should be more balanced.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #2,153 of 40,345

I never had a chance to audition the original God of 14 drivers, but very soon will begin my testing of Zeus-R and will certainly throw Andromeda into the comparison mix.  Based on what I heard/read from others, Z-R should be more balanced.

R is definitely more balanced than the OG. If the R wasn't out I would've probably chose the Apollo over the Zeus, as I prefer a more balanced signature.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #2,154 of 40,345
I thought I'd summarize the contents of my PM answers to esm87 about Andromda and Zeus, in case anyone else is wondering:

In a nutshell, the Andromeda sounds U shaped when compared with Zeus-R or you could say the Zeus-R sounds just a little mid-centric compared to the Andromeda. Andromeda has a little more treble presence and sparkle, as well as a little more sub bass boost. Zeus-R sounds more neutral depending on ears and gears. Both have excellent resolution.

The original Zeus is much more mid forward. It will also be a little warmer with less treble sparkle than Zeus R. What you get in return for those differences is some fantastic layering that is unmatched. Vocals are its specialty.

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #2,156 of 40,345
  I know absolutely nothing about watches, hence the length of time it took me to finally get this project going, but over the weekend I had a chance to finally take one apart and mess around. What do you guys think? 

Is this for who I think it is? Although its not glittery enough for him.

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #2,159 of 40,345
  I know absolutely nothing about watches, hence the length of time it took me to finally get this project going, but over the weekend I had a chance to finally take one apart and mess around. What do you guys think? 

Looks incredible.

Imagine how this would look when combined with a wood/gold theme. It would look positively steampunk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back