Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 25, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #1,891 of 40,539
  Today's weapon of choice at work was my supra II's and an ipod video 5th gen rockboxed.  Enjoyable sounds (even if I'm not convinced I'm putting them in right, they still seem to stick out quite a bit compared to some photo's I've seen).  Music was pretty much progressive and melodic rock.  Shotgunshane and Jack might want to check out the new album by english rocker's Magnum.  Sacred Blood "Divine" Lies.

Hey brother man! Can you shoot me some pics of how they look in your ear? Jack@EmpireEars.com

May 25, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #1,892 of 40,539
To add to Mimouille's shot of univ Zeus R, here's how the Zeus R customs look on me:

[spoiler="A man has no name. But this is how a man looks like with an eargasm." Jaqen H'ghar][/spoiler]

You peeps wouldn't believe the amount of quality ASMR these procure. Friggin exquisite!

May 25, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #1,894 of 40,539
You could be inviting a lot of work upon yourself here. David is even more particular about fit than I am :)
I still have shivers from reading all the fit issues in the acs encore thread. Poor Doc too.

May 25, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #1,895 of 40,539
I still have shivers from reading all the fit issues in the acs encore thread. Poor Doc too.

Lol. I don't think the ACS Encore fit a single person who bought them. I wonder how many people were put off buying them after reading that thread.

And I'm yet to own a custom IEM that fits me properly. Had problems with the left ear and sent them back to Jack. The right ear was perfect but the postman damaged the parcel so it had to be remade. I have a horrible feeling they're going to come back fitting perfectly on the left hand side but not on the right lol.

May 25, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #1,896 of 40,539
Today's weapon of choice at work was my supra II's and an ipod video 5th gen rockboxed.  Enjoyable sounds (even if I'm not convinced I'm putting them in right, they still seem to stick out quite a bit compared to some photo's I've seen).  Music was pretty much progressive and melodic rock.  Shotgunshane and Jack might want to check out the new album by english rocker's Magnum.  Sacred Blood "Divine" Lies.
As long a you have a good seal. The Empire iems have quite long stem, so I use smaller tips to insert them deeper. I use the medium spinfit whereas I use the large spinfit on almost all other iems. You can try that...

May 26, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,897 of 40,539
You could be inviting a lot of work upon yourself here. David is even more particular about fit than I am :)

Do you mind, I resemble that remark
wink_face.gif
      I have since narrowed it down to a couple of things though.  One was impressions, so know what to do in future when getting them taken.  The other is slightly more odd.  In most pictures/videos I've seen of inserting the ciem they've had the cable prong pointing diagonally down.  If I do it that way, no dice particularly the right ear.  If I have the cable prong pointing almost straight down and rotate it in it locks into place every time.  Bizarre but it seems to work for me ymmv as ever!

Makes me glad I didn't get a pair.  Still wonder sometimes about the 3-d scanning process, but nowhere near me does it sadly.  Wonder if it does eliminate a lot of the issues?
Lol. I don't think the ACS Encore fit a single person who bought them. I wonder how many people were put off buying them after reading that thread.

And I'm yet to own a custom IEM that fits me properly. Had problems with the left ear and sent them back to Jack. The right ear was perfect but the postman damaged the parcel so it had to be remade. I have a horrible feeling they're going to come back fitting perfectly on the left hand side but not on the right lol.

There I was thinking it was just me :p  Bet you could of killed that postman.

May 31, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #1,902 of 40,539
As long a you have a good seal. The Empire iems have quite long stem, so I use smaller tips to insert them deeper. I use the medium spinfit whereas I use the large spinfit on almost all other iems. You can try that...

+1 on smaller tips. Most universal IEMs I've used, I wore with medium tips, occasionally large. For these I had to dig into my VSonic GR06 tip set and grab the smallest set those came with and they look exactly like I expect them to now, basically flush with my ears. I've switched the old VSonic tips out for XS Spinfits now, got them in about a week ago. They seem to give a little more treble clarity for me.

Thanks to Jack for getting me those Spinfits I ordered a few weeks back
biggrin.gif
. My only regret at the moment is that I probably should've ordered 3 sets of the XS instead of 2 sets. Currently using them on the Supra and Trinity Hyperion and they seemed to have helped both sound signatures in my case.

May 31, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #1,903 of 40,539
@Jack Vang, I wanna get one of the cables in your store, but I don't want memory wire on my cables. I don't suppose that's possible for you guys to do? I could cut it off myself I guess, but I feel like I might go a bit too deep and cut into the wire insulation, which is obviously not a good thing.

May 31, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #1,904 of 40,539
@Jack Vang
, I wanna get one of the cables in your store, but I don't want memory wire on my cables. I don't suppose that's possible for you guys to do? I could cut it off myself I guess, but I feel like I might go a bit too deep and cut into the wire insulation, which is obviously not a good thing.

Just let me know and i'd be happy to do it for you!

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #1,905 of 40,539
Just let me know and i'd be happy to do it for you!

That's awesome! How would I go about doing this? The Linum cable I was using on my Supra is no longer fully functioning after a couple years of service and the cable in your store looks fantastic. I was hoping to get the 50" Titanium Silver cable without the memory wire on it. Are there special instructions or something?

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back