Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 16, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #1,803 of 40,345
I got my Zeus-R back from Empire today! Glad to have them back as I've missed them quite a bit. A little sad that the build isn't as perfect as before though. You can tell that the faceplate was taken off and put back on.

On the other hand, the sound is definitely a change. The midrange isn't quite as forward as it was before on the original Zeus. I find that I have to turn the volume up a few more ticks to get the same sort of midrange magic that the original Zeus had. Luckily for me, I don't listen at particularly high volumes so this isn't a problem at all for me. The midrange of the Zeus remains wonderfully musical.

The original Zeus had a very natural sense of openness which I praised highly. The Zeus-R actually improves upon that a bit. In addition, the overall separation and precision of the imaging is improved a fair degress as well. 

To top it all off, the Zeus-R hisses a bit less with my LPG. Still has some, but very managable at this point. I was willing to live with the hiss because the Zeus-LPG was such a fantastic pairing, but with the Zeus-R, the hiss is pretty much insubstantial when music is playing.

May 17, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #1,805 of 40,345
We started operations yesterday as a soft opening. Official opening is 1st June.

And good news: Zeus R demo unit is here.

I'll be heading down soon, bro. Save a spot for me. 
wink.gif

And, congrats on the new location!

May 17, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #1,808 of 40,345
May 17, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #1,809 of 40,345
  I got my Zeus-R back from Empire today! Glad to have them back as I've missed them quite a bit. A little sad that the build isn't as perfect as before though. You can tell that the faceplate was taken off and put back on.

On the other hand, the sound is definitely a change. The midrange isn't quite as forward as it was before on the original Zeus. I find that I have to turn the volume up a few more ticks to get the same sort of midrange magic that the original Zeus had. Luckily for me, I don't listen at particularly high volumes so this isn't a problem at all for me. The midrange of the Zeus remains wonderfully musical.

The original Zeus had a very natural sense of openness which I praised highly. The Zeus-R actually improves upon that a bit. In addition, the overall separation and precision of the imaging is improved a fair degress as well. 

To top it all off, the Zeus-R hisses a bit less with my LPG. Still has some, but very managable at this point. I was willing to live with the hiss because the Zeus-LPG was such a fantastic pairing, but with the Zeus-R, the hiss is pretty much insubstantial when music is playing.

PM sent. We'll definitely take care of it. 

May 17, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,810 of 40,345

HE HAS COME BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!!

Sorry for the delay fellas! Things have just been absolutely nuts over here. Despite terrible allergies and a very bad cold i'm still powering through the massive workload. We're going through numerous transitions, one of which will include a new website with a live builder (finally). I'll make the official announcement for the Zeus-R shortly and the tour should commence shortly. I definitely haven't forgotten about you guys, as you all are the ones keeping me busy 
smily_headphones1.gif

Besides that all is well! (Well....kinda, preparing for a slander lawsuit/new product launch/updates/new website/moving/kickstarter/new technology that doesn't make the Olympus series obsolete/etc/etc/etc)

May 17, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #1,811 of 40,345

Besides that all is well! (Well....kinda, preparing for a slander lawsuit/new product launch/updates/new website/moving/kickstarter/new technology that doesn't make the Olympus series obsolete/etc/etc/etc)

Ugh lawsuits. Those are terrible. I've been involved in one for over a year now and it's just a nightmare of a headache. I hope all goes well for you guys. Everything else in that list sounds super exciting.

May 17, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #1,813 of 40,345

Ugh lawsuits. Those are terrible. I've been involved in one for over a year now and it's just a nightmare of a headache. I hope all goes well for you guys. Everything else in that list sounds super exciting.

Yeah fun times indeed. Some people really have nothing better to do but you know what they say about haters, they're your biggest fans. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I hope your case gets sorted out soon brother man and thanks!
So in other words, everything is normal?
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha! Exactly!

May 17, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,814 of 40,345

Sorry for the delay fellas! Things have just been absolutely nuts over here. Despite terrible allergies and a very bad cold i'm still powering through the massive workload. We're going through numerous transitions, one of which will include a new website with a live builder (finally). I'll make the official announcement for the Zeus-R shortly and the tour should commence shortly. I definitely haven't forgotten about you guys, as you all are the ones keeping me busy 
smily_headphones1.gif

Hang in there buddy, you know the big guy never gives you more than you can handle so just remember that and carry on, focus on the positive. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back