Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 5, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #1,759 of 40,559
So how one order the Zeus R if it isn't on the site yet?

I don't think the announcement is "official" just yet. The site doesn't appear to be up-to-date yet. For example, it still doesn't list out the Zeus technical specs yet, either. 

May 5, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #1,760 of 40,559
So how one order the Zeus R if it isn't on the site yet?

I don't think the announcement is "official" just yet. The site doesn't appear to be up-to-date yet. For example, it still doesn't list out the Zeus technical specs yet, either. 

Yea i think they were looking for some feedback before making a final decision just to make sure theyre on the right track. Based on what people have said... Clearly theyre on the right track haha. I shall see for myself soon.

May 5, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #1,762 of 40,559
While I've only done business with Earwerkz, Empire and Noble. I've read enough threads I believe to say this with certitude:

When you get a custom IEM, there's an emphasis on the customization. The IEM is customized to the customer's desires. There is an awesome bond being made during the process.
Don't rely on what a website's interface is showing. Remember ciem companies are small in sizes. They are craftsmen first not web designers.
Always shoot up emails, or even call directly if it's available. Ask questions, probe for potential new options or even models, share your wild ideas and see if they could be made real.
You're getting a custom IEM, not just custom due to the shell moulded to uniqueness of your conchae. The customization interaction is hella fun.

May 6, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #1,763 of 40,559
Always spend time on your custom design. My design phase took 4 weeks. 
smile.gif

For those who did the Zeus to Zeus-R, how long did the process take?

May 7, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #1,764 of 40,559
  Always spend time on your custom design. My design phase took 4 weeks. 
smile.gif

For those who did the Zeus to Zeus-R, how long did the process take?

:O Can you post pictures of the complete design?

May 8, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,766 of 40,559
  It's nothing super super special (except to me
smile.gif
). The length of time was due to Jack and the team trying out different woods and paints. Unfortunately, none of them worked as well as hoped.

But here's a pic of them just before I sent them in.

Nova Corps. represent!

May 8, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #1,767 of 40,559
While I've only done business with Earwerkz, Empire and Noble. I've read enough threads I believe to say this with certitude:

When you get a custom IEM, there's an emphasis on the customization. The IEM is customized to the customer's desires. There is an awesome bond being made during the process.
Don't rely on what a website's interface is showing. Remember ciem companies are small in sizes. They are craftsmen first not web designers.
Always shoot up emails, or even call directly if it's available. Ask questions, probe for potential new options or even models, share your wild ideas and see if they could be made real.
You're getting a custom IEM, not just custom due to the shell moulded to uniqueness of your conchae. The customization interaction is hella fun.

Oh, if only that were so....

I've had several 'customs' done for myself- a must since I have ear canals that don't cooperate with universals and good sound.  That said, dealing with Jack and Earwerks/Empire has been awesome and a wonderful experience.  Dealing with some of the other companies has been less so, or at least, more of a straight business transaction type of interactionion.  None of these customs involved any kind of fancy aesthetics-just enough to tell right and left apart. I'm all about the sound.

I love my Athenas, find it joyful to deal with Jack and his family, and am awed ny the level of customer service they offer.  It's about what's right, not about money or ego.  More importantly, the positive buying experience transfers to the customer's feeling about the product, and everybody wins.  A product that has been an ordeal to get-delays, lack of communication, etc.  ends up being less satisfying, because the buying experience somehow taints the product.

May 12, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #1,770 of 40,559
It seems Jack has gone MIA, I keep expecting some news, something doesn't seem right.
Yeah, I texted him 6 days ago and I still haven't gotten a response, which isn't normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back