Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 19, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #1,577 of 40,559

Yeah, I used my 32GB card for my camera, and didn't bring it to AXPONA.  Even so, the Pono would take forever just to load those songs up!  Again, no bueno with regards to the Pono.

You can get passport photos at your favorite Costco (I love Costco as well) and easy to apply for a passport for the most part.  I guess we will have to see, huh? 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

I know, I have actually been reading up on what it takes to get one. Looks like even the post office does the photos, I knew about Costco doing them.

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #1,582 of 40,559

Yeah, the Pono can take forever to read full large capacity SD cards. It's one of the biggest problems with the device.

Exactly.  Terrible.

Scanning on the Pono ain't fast for sure. I think it's a little slower compared to the X5, but at least faster than the DX90 in that regard
With the same amount of files (± 12K songs) this is approximately (from memory) how long it took me with different daps

DX90 - around 50 min
Pono - around 40 min
X5 - around 30 min
Plenue 1 - within 5 min

Pono doesn't show you the progress though => maybe @moedawg140 only had 10 files to go to reach that finishline
rolleyes.gif

Just curious: is the QP1R (still on my radar) fast at scanning and doesn't it have the 10K file limit anymore?

Anyway, imo Pono deserves to be listened to in balanced mode
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm thinking about no other than the best sounding iem on head fi. The Zeus 14. I heard it beats both the K10 and Layla. And that's no small feat that's for sure.

Zeus should be definitely one of the top contenders for that title. Hope I can audition the Zeus sometimes soon, as I know another dutch member that has it.
From what I've read so far on HF (quite a lot I must admit), the SE5 reference / ultimate (haven't heard it myself) probably also would be a serious candidate though
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #1,584 of 40,559
Hmm I wonder. If the Zeus doesn't contain any filters, how are the drivers protected from debris?

The filters are more for acoustic purposes than anything else. Not really to block something from getting into the BAs. Something like ear wax isnt really going to get stuck anywhere near the drivers.

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #1,585 of 40,559
I'll have to say, being able to customize universals is a very nice touch. There aren't very many iem firms around that let's you do that. I can't wait to buy my Gunmetal face plate, smoke shell, Golden logo Zeus. It'll be envy of all my friends.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,586 of 40,559
I'm thinking about no other than the best sounding iem on head fi. The Zeus 14. I heard it beats both the K10 and Layla. And that's no small feat that's for sure.

Oooh. "Best" is very subjective, but really, for what it's worth, the Zeus is definitely among the very best. You certainly won't be disappointed. In fact, you'll find it difficult to remove them from your ears. 
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,587 of 40,559
Hmm I wonder. If the Zeus doesn't contain any filters, how are the drivers protected from debris?

We tube our drivers pretty far back. Even wax doesn't make it back that far. You'd have to intentionally shove it all the way back there with something thin and long. We've never seen it reach the drivers but if goes past what the cleaning tool can't scoop out send it in and i'll gladly clean it out for you! =)

The filters are more for acoustic purposes than anything else. Not really to block something from getting into the BAs. Something like ear wax isnt really going to get stuck anywhere near the drivers.

I'll have to say, being able to customize universals is a very nice touch. There aren't very many iem firms around that let's you do that. I can't wait to buy my Gunmetal face plate, smoke shell, Golden logo Zeus. It'll be envy of all my friends.

Can't wait to handcraft it for you! 

Oooh. "Best" is very subjective, but really, for what it's worth, the Zeus is definitely among the very best. You certainly won't be disappointed. In fact, you'll find it difficult to remove them from your ears. 
wink.gif

Thank you very much kind sir! Glad you are enjoying them! 

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #1,589 of 40,559

We tube our drivers pretty far back. Even wax doesn't make it back that far. You'd have to intentionally shove it all the way back there with something thin and long. We've never seen it reach the drivers but if goes past what the cleaning tool can't scoop out send it in and i'll gladly clean it out for you! =)

Gladly? That's some customer service right there, mm hmm.

latest

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #1,590 of 40,559
The Zeus is the best IEM I've personally heard, and while I can't claim to have heard everything out there (especially with the explosion of CIEM companies in the last few years), I've heard a lot of different earphones. Like many in this thread, several from my history could be considered TOTL or end-game options, including the following 8 models:

Noble Kaiser 10 Universal Aluminum
EarWerkz Legend Omega CIEM
Sony XBA-Z5 
Aurisonics ASG-2.5
AKG K3003i
DITA Answer Truth Edition
Roxanne UF
Shure SE846

If anything, that should speak volumes about how highly I regard my Zeus XIV. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back