Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 16, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #1,353 of 40,559

Any pictures to release of his Zeus?

We're doing something a little different for his but we're also waiting on more BTG cables as we're crazy backed up. Will definitely post some pics once they're finished =)

Man im jealous of him already... ...

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #1,354 of 40,559
We're doing something a little different for his but we're also waiting on more BTG cables as we're crazy backed up. Will definitely post some pics once they're finished =)

Might send my Zeus back now i heard Jude gets preferential treatment :D

On second thoughts my Zeus is too sweet to return :cool:

Good work Jack

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #1,355 of 40,559
Might send my Zeus back now i heard Jude gets preferential treatment :D

On second thoughts my Zeus is too sweet to return :cool:

Good work Jack

Jude might get preferential treatment but we have enjoyed our Zeus for a while whilst he was listening to other &$)@!

Ha Ha.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #1,356 of 40,559
Good afternoon everyone!

Id love to hear what DAPS everyone is using with their EE IEMS.

Im in the market for a $500ish player and need to run it by my fellow empire ear fanboys...
Johan

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #1,357 of 40,559
Good afternoon everyone!

Im in the market for a $500ish player and need to run it by my fellow empire ear fanboys...
Johan

$500 - Esther M1 or "Cheap Phone and Mojo" or QLS QA360 - are my suggestions in that price bracket

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #1,358 of 40,559
Good afternoon everyone!

Johan

If you like a analog-like signature that excels in dynamics and detail, I'd highly recommend something from the Cowon Plenue series. There's something available at a wide variety of price points, plus they all have stellar SNR measurements and are basically silent with the sensitive Empire Ears IEMs as a result whereas a lot of other sources hiss. 

You can grab a used Plenue 1 in the for-sale threads in the $500-600 range.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #1,361 of 40,559
@joetjie2000

+1 for Cowon.

Use my new Cerberus lifestyle with Plenue M and D (mainly for the D). Absolutely no hiss whatsoever with the high sensitivity version and sound is epic! Cowon sound boring on their normal setting, but once you tweak the eq and dsp, they slay nearly, if not all other DAPs. Plus you don't need a separate amp.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #1,363 of 40,559
Thank you so much! I was actually just checking out cowon. Really appreciate your input.

No problem! A few days ago I wrote up some comparison of the Plenue 1 vs the Plenue D if you're wondering what the differences are between the price points in the Plenue series:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/789488/cowon-plenue-d/1665#post_12406527

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #1,364 of 40,559
Great recommendations as usual. Mimouille is the king of DAP testing.
Thanks but not really, just the ones I like and think are fair bang for the buck. Mojo is awesome but not a DAP. M2 great sound but short battery and simple UI. S6, great sound, great battery, small, but crappy UI. Cowon P1 is more expensive but great all-rounder.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #1,365 of 40,559
$500 - Esther M1 or "Cheap Phone and Mojo" or QLS QA360 - are my suggestions in that price bracket

Esther M2 has 10 Ohm output impedance, and I found it killed the upper end with Apollo and Zeus. Not good...

Aune M2 would be a good choice. M2Pro might be an even better choice. Although I haven't heard it personally yet, people I know and trust who've heard both M2 and M2Pro have preferred M2Pro.

I'm listening to the new Shanling M5 right now. Didn't get to listen with EE IEM, but it sounds great with UM Miracle and Maestro despite having a high output impedance of ~6 Ohm.

Maybe the new L&P L3 should be on the list, too? Should be around the target price range and is engineered for driving IEM.
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back