Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 11, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #13,366 of 40,559
I’m really curious about the comparison between, phantom and U18t, I own U18t and sold them... currently own legend x. I really like U18t just for how real they present music, and the huge sound stage. I sold them because for more time listening I found they are a little bit boring and lack of color and a little bit of warmth.
LX basically solved all those problems, an addictive bass, with big enough sound stage and top level clarity and details.
I’m just curious about how phantom sounds, cause I’m looking for a BA IEMs as a partner of LX. Do they lack of color or similar to U18t?

If your definition of uncoloured is more akin to the U18t's signature, then the Phantom will absolutely be more coloured. It has a definite tilt towards the warm and natural side, but it's not dark-sounding either. It's timbre is a warm shade of neutral-natural, but the shelved upper-treble makes it seem calmer in terms of sparkle and air, and less upfront with detail retrieval. Though, the exceptional balance across all its frequency ranges allow for great resolution (as in, you get to hear all the ranges at once and you get more information than just merely articulative detail). If you're used to the LX, the Phantom will definitely gear itself better towards more non-synthetic music (i.e. vocals, acoustic guitars, piano, etc.). But, it's a great foil to the LX nonetheless.

May 11, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #13,367 of 40,559
Or go the other direction and get a Zeus XlV. Less warmth but incredible detail and a LOT of information and sparkle in upper mids and trebles. Large transparent soundstage. If you want "shelved upper-treble," probably not for you. If you like acoustic guitars as well as rock combos, and you don't want a lot of warmth (it has bass, but it's not bass-centric), the Zeus is a good choice.

May 11, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #13,369 of 40,559
Or go the other direction and get a Zeus XlV. Less warmth but incredible detail and a LOT of information and sparkle in upper mids and trebles. Large transparent soundstage. If you want "shelved upper-treble," probably not for you. If you like acoustic guitars as well as rock combos, and you don't want a lot of warmth (it has bass, but it's not bass-centric), the Zeus is a good choice.

i think for people thinking about buying Zeus that it's better to go for the 2-signatures Zeus XR - having 2 totl signatures in one shell offers me some amaziing versatility , depending of the genre i am listening to

i am listening to some top-notch prog house (a Satoshi Tomiie ''Golabal Underground' comp from the golden era of the genre back in 2000) and i switched from the XIV tuning to the R setting , which gives me a more spacious soundstage and a more balanced sound - sonic bliss i am dancing in my pyjamas now :beyersmile:

i can not justify buying just R or XIV just to save 300$ when you are already committed to spending a cool 2K

brilliant ciem :L3000::L3000::L3000:

May 11, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #13,370 of 40,559
Are there any similarities between Bravado and Legend X?. Obviously the X will sound better,, but are there any similarities in how they're tuned ?

I'll probably never (too poor but we'll see..) get the Legend X but I'll let you know how my Bravados sound when I pick it up today.

May 11, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #13,372 of 40,559
Are there any similarities between Bravado and Legend X?. Obviously the X will sound better,, but are there any similarities in how they're tuned ?

I have owned both - kept the Bravado. Very similar sound signature to the LX (to my ears) at a fraction of the price. The LX does give you more of everything though, in a good way - what stood out for me, between the two, is that the LX provides a wider soundstage and more texture. I'm more than happy with the Bravado though - it will stay with me, for now :wink:

May 11, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #13,373 of 40,559
I own Zeus Xr-Adel mated super-bax

In zeus XIV mode, I use it for rock especially.
As soon as it's acoustic, live or requires a narrower scene, I switch to Zeus R.

After, I notice that the bass is very fat and very nice for classic rock.

May 11, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #13,374 of 40,559
I volunteered to help man the iBasso stall at the CanJam in London last year.
I heard a demo version of their IT04 IEM which blew me away. Apparently they have improved the tuning even more since then.
It's likely to be released sometime in the next month or two, and I for one am very interested to hear how it will compare with the Bravado.
The descriptions of the Bravado seem to align fairly well with what I remember (and have since read about) hearing with the IT04.
Finally the IT04 will, I believe, be priced the same ($599?).
So yes, very interested to hear how they will compare with each other! Anyone else here heard both (via demo units at CanJams)? :)

Edit: forgot to mention, the IT04 are also a hybrid IEM like the Bravado, only with 1 DD and 3 BA.
Hence (including the price being the same), my interest in comparisons :)

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #13,375 of 40,559
I volunteered to help man the iBasso stall at the CanJam in London last year.
I heard a demo version of their IT04 IEM which blew me away. Apparently they have improved the tuning even more since then.
It's likely to be released sometime in the next month or two, and I for one am very interested to hear how it will compare with the Bravado.
The descriptions of the Bravado seem to align fairly well with what I remember (and have since read about) hearing with the IT04.
Finally the IT04 will, I believe, be priced the same ($599?).
So yes, very interested to hear how they will compare with each other! Anyone else here heard both (via demo units at CanJams)? :)
Good morning from Bangkok! I've been getting a ton of emails about pricing, specifically UIEMs, so I'll go ahead and post the MSRPs prior to the new website going live. Currently all UIEMs will be caviar black with the double EE logo and will be less expensive than their CIEM variant with the exception of Phantom, Nemesis, and Legend X. All of our IEMs are still handcrafted in our laboratory in Georgia, USA and each model includes a Effect Audio Ares II cable with your choice of termination (2.5, 3.5 or 4.4) at no additional charge.

EP Series
CIEM UIEM

EVR $799 $599
ESR $999 $799
Phantom $1799 $1799

X Series
CIEM UIEM
Bravado $699 $499
Vantage $1399 $1199
Nemesis $1599 $1599
Legend X $2299 $2299

It's been a heck of a 2018 for us but the best part is that we're just getting started. Hope everyone's as stoked as we are to officially launch the EP & X series! BTW we'll be attending every CanJam so we look forward to seeing all the new and familiar faces.

Cheers,
Jack

Bravado is actually $499

May 11, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #13,376 of 40,559
Good morning from Bangkok! I've been getting a ton of emails about pricing, specifically UIEMs, so I'll go ahead and post the MSRPs prior to the new website going live. Currently all UIEMs will be caviar black with the double EE logo and will be less expensive than their CIEM variant with the exception of Phantom, Nemesis, and Legend X. All of our IEMs are still handcrafted in our laboratory in Georgia, USA and each model includes a Effect Audio Ares II cable with your choice of termination (2.5, 3.5 or 4.4) at no additional charge.

EP Series
CIEM UIEM

EVR $799 $599
ESR $999 $799
Phantom $1799 $1799

X Series
CIEM UIEM

Bravado $699 $499
Vantage $1399 $1199
Nemesis $1599 $1599
Legend X $2299 $2299

It's been a heck of a 2018 for us but the best part is that we're just getting started. Hope everyone's as stoked as we are to officially launch the EP & X series! BTW we'll be attending every CanJam so we look forward to seeing all the new and familiar faces.

Cheers,
Jack

Bravado is actually $499

At the time of that statement we thought that our UIEMs were going to be injection molded. Unfortunately we had to reject several batches of injection molded shells and as of right now our UIEMs are still handmade, so we can not offer them at those prices like we were hoping to.
The current pricing of our UIEMs on our website is accurate, and the Bravado Universal is 599. Our apologies for any confusion or inconvenience!

May 11, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #13,377 of 40,559
At the time of that statement we thought that our UIEMs were going to be injection molded. Unfortunately we had to reject several batches of injection molded shells and as of right now our UIEMs are still handmade, so we can not offer them at those prices like we were hoping to.
The current pricing of our UIEMs on our website is accurate, and the Bravado Universal is 599. Our apologies for any confusion or inconvenience!
My apologies for the confusion

May 11, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #13,378 of 40,559

....absolutely awsome ! Thanks again @twister6 for this incredible hint ! :) Perfect place for my mobile gear.

May 11, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #13,379 of 40,559
May 11, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #13,380 of 40,559
It's no trouble! I should have clarified that change earlier.

Very attractive presentation! What case is that?

The case is from Dignis and it's called "Hako"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back