Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 27, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #13,156 of 40,480
For me I think the phantoms really takes getting used too. If your music is kind of flat and not very upbeat, u will get that impression with phantoms. It plays the music as it is, save for a little forward mids and sub bass

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #13,157 of 40,480
After drooling for over a month at all the pictures of the Phantom posted in this thread, I finally received mine this morning.

Couldn't be happier with the design, love the aqua burl. :ksc75smile:

I have to say the recessed sockets are extremely tight, I'm a little afraid to change cable like I did with all my other ciems.

P1000004.jpg

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #13,158 of 40,480
After drooling for over a month at all the pictures of the Phantom posted in this thread, I finally received mine this morning.

I have to say the recessed sockets are extremely tight, I'm a little afraid to change cable like I did with all my other ciems.

Lovely design, man! I’ve never thought of putting the full wing logo along the anti-tragus line - extremely creative, indeed. :wink: Anyways, I look forward to reading impressions plus comparisons to your SE5U too. :D

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #13,160 of 40,480

Nice kit!

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #13,161 of 40,480

Great design. Love it!

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #13,162 of 40,480
Lovely design, man! I’ve never thought of putting the full wing logo along the anti-tragus line - extremely creative, indeed. :wink: Anyways, I look forward to reading impressions plus comparisons to your SE5U too. :D

Thank you Daniel,
for the logo I took inspiration from Vision Ears.
I have to say, it has been 2 months since I tried the Phantom at Canjam NY and I love hear again the warm embrace of their sound signature.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #13,163 of 40,480
Thank you Daniel,
I have to say, it has been 2 months since I tried the Phantom at Canjam NY and I love hear again the warm embrace of their sound signature.

"warm embrace" :beyersmile: glad you're loving it man!

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #13,164 of 40,480

Congrats L. So happy for you. We need to talk lol. So exciting. Happy for u.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #13,165 of 40,480

Very nice and enjoy your new toy!

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #13,166 of 40,480
Congrats, @kubig123, they look great!
I'm also hesitant with cable changes, I got a TOTL Beats Audio cable as part of their tour, couldn't get it to go on the Phantoms.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #13,167 of 40,480
Thank you Daniel,

I'll be glad to get them back, sure miss them although the embrace of the VE8 is quite nice too I lack the punch and the amazing transparency and clarity of the Phantoms... Enjoy!

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #13,168 of 40,480
Congrats, @kubig123, they look great!
I'm also hesitant with cable changes, I got a TOTL Beats Audio cable as part of their tour, couldn't get it to go on the Phantoms.

thanks,
yes, compared to my Fibae 3 the socket is extremely tight and the holes for the pins are slightly smaller compared to my Encore, I wonder if the Eidolic connectors would fit, since they are thicker than the EA ones. I'll take a better looks during the weekend.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #13,169 of 40,480

Very lovey. I am also waiting for mine to come in and have optioned it with the blue burl as well. Thanks for posting yours. Did you choose the blue or aqua shells?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back