1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

First

Back
841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850
852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861
Next

Last
  1. ceeloChamp
    I have a tri-copper coming in the next few weeks terminated with a 4.4....but I'm having a really hard time finding an AMP 4, I hope they start making them again. I love that AMP 4 though I gots to have one!

ctsooner22 and fuhransahis like this.
  2. CalvinW
    iBasso released an AMP 4s, but it was sold out in like a day.

ctsooner22 likes this.
  3. soullinker20
    reading write ups about the Phantom on this thread really makes me curious to hear them.. as I'm still looking for a perfectly (or not) timbre tuned CIEM/Iem
    with my favorite dynamic driver being close to it.

ctsooner22 and rcoleman1 like this.
  4. olddude
    There's that word again- "perfect." Dream the impossible dream. :)

5. kubig123
    +1
    Not sure the phantom has the perfect timbre but it’s extremely natural

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    ctsooner22 and Deezel177 like this.
  6. olddude
    OK, so tried the SpinFits, they seem to give a bit more timbre than do the Spirals. I also find I need to crank up the volume 5-8 clicks with the Spins over the Spirals to get the same approximate sound on the same track. The Phantom bottom and lower mids seem more pronounced with the Spins, the Spirals seem to create a drier feel. Treble also is very good with the Spins, not Zeus good but good. All in all the Spins seem closer to the Final Audio sound, but, to my ears, more enjoyable. Keep in mind that the sound is likely source-dependent, so your milage may vary.

My big bags of tips are yielding results. Never throw things away. Interestingly, I never could get a good seal with either of these tips on my Angie.

deafdoorknob and kubig123 like this.
  7. deafdoorknob
    ime, in many ways, tips make a more pronounced difference in sound signature than cables, esp with bore sizes, and sometimes, what tips the iems come with don't do them justice. let's hope manufacturers don't cotton on to that and start pimping 1000$ eartips lol

fuhransahis, rcoleman1 and Deezel177 like this.
  8. deafdoorknob
    my friend swears by aurisonics/ fender's tacky sure seal tips for his Roxannes, i also use them with my andros as they stay in place like no other shallow fit tips, ensuring proper seal.

tim0chan likes this.
  9. Mython Contributor
    Deezel177 and Torrs like this.
  10. soullinker20
    how does the bass of the X compare to the Xelento?

11. Dithyrambes
    Sigh I have to say.....Phantoms are sick......but only out of the right source. I was listening on the go on my zx300 and I was bored and unengaged. Plug it into my r2r dac, it sounds amazing.....but its also not portable. Just have to cross my fingers and hope Sony doesn't charge too much for their new totl dap if it comes. Or grab a wm1z for cheaper...though I don't think it'll reach those levels in portable audio.

Deezel177 likes this.
  12. davidmolliere
    I am totally crushed this morning... my right side custom Phantom simply broke... Not a nice way to start vacations with my beloved (no music for a week only took them), I can’t believe this happened... it had to be the best fitting ear too (I was wondering a bit about the left and thought about reshell warranty, fiddly seal)

[​IMG]

Crushed shell just closing the provided Empire carry case, I positioned each side carefully as usual and I didn’t even apply any force or anything I juste heard a heart breaking crack when closing... it’s even stranger that there is no significant pressure mark on the padding material?!? I should have used my other Pelican case :-/

I am OCD with gear nothing ever happened to me :frowning2:

I am a newbie to custom but the shell is quite thin and I thought there was some kind of filling material, isn’t there or am I confused with VE8?with gear I am still in total shock with this... has this ever happened ?

@Ethan Groover Can you guys help me ?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  13. aaf evo
    Oh my. Hopefully they can help get that fixed. That is not good.

14. davidmolliere
    I am trying hard to still enjoy my vacations...
    Thinking it’s a nightmare and I’ll wake up. In shock...

I stretched myself a bit financially to get them (French custom tax didn’t help) and the Phantom is my dream signature just the best IEM ever for me and by far!

15. proedros
    @davidmolliere EE will take care of you , worry not & enjoy your vacations - maybe this is universe's way of telling you to pay more attention to your beloved one ? :L3000:

i see people saying about tips and sources , how this tip finally makes my Legnd/Phantom sound good or this source does not do justice etc

I i must say that Zeus XR sounds great out of WM1A (I am sure it scales great with even better sources) plus custom means no tips hassle

Great job EE

PS : @ctsooner22 , have a speedy recovery man , your strong spirits are an inspiration to us all

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
First

Back
841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850
852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861
Next

Last