Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 8, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #10,636 of 40,559
very helpful review , and makes it 100% clear to me that Legend is not the one for me (probably too much bass and recessed mids so yeap not for me)

so Phantom will (probably) be my next purchase (when i can gather the needed funds)

Yes, after reading both @twister6 and @flinkenick reviews my interest is increasingly growing :open_mouth: toward the Phantom.

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #10,637 of 40,559
I was down at a local headphone store just a little earlier today and they happened to have demos of both the Legend X and Phantom. The first iem I tried was the Legend X and thought they weren't bad but the bass was just a little too overwhelming for my taste. I then tried the Phantom and initially my thoughts were "OK, this sounds a bit better..." I then switched from the original Aries SE cable to my 1960 balanced cable and my jaw hit the ground. I previously thought my Audeze i4 and Oriolus Mellianus were going to be my end game but after hearing the Phantom, I found true love. Now I'll have to wait until they get stock of the actual retail version before I can enjoy them again. A big thanks to Nick for working with Empire Ears on the tuning of these iems. :thumbsup:

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #10,641 of 40,559
I'd be interested to hear how the Phantom compares with the earlier Savage (limited) model. Both having 5 drivers from EE. :)

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #10,644 of 40,559
LOL - you must be new around here! (I know you're not, but you know what I mean)
You know, in another year there will another round of new IEMs coming out and the Phantom and Legend X will be the swept away ones like the Zeus is now. Hype is a lovely thing but watching folks get so worked up here is both funny and distressing.

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #10,645 of 40,559
You know, in another year there will another round of new IEMs coming out and the Phantom and Legend X will be the swept away ones like the Zeus is now. Hype is a lovely thing but watching folks get so worked up here is both funny and distressing.
So true...but the Zeus is still their pinnacle. Again this whole thing comes down to a sound signature that you like.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #10,646 of 40,559
I am away for 3 freaking days and all hell breaks loose in here! Well, thank you guys soOOo much for making these cool iems and getting people I like to write about them! SoooOOOoo nice of you to put another dent in my retirement plan, u guys are the bezzt! /s

source.gif

Seriously though, they both look to be top players in their respective fields. Can't wait to try them out!

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #10,647 of 40,559

Totally agreed! I enjoy my Spartan for now but thinking to get the Phantom whenever I can afford them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back