Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 21, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #10,396 of 40,346
Nope, I had the SE5U some weeks before I received the Phantom prototype at that time. I won't go into a comparison now, based on memory. But Nic might do so later on (maybe already in his review, not sure about that) as he's able to do a straight A-B test.
However, the fact that I'm going after (already thinking about a design) Phantom myself, gives away something about my own preference :wink:
I'll leave it at that for now if you don't mind...
That's... more than I needed to hear haha. Thanks man!

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #10,397 of 40,346
@Kerouac , saying you are going for the Phantom after listening to se5 and owning the exact zeus xr like me

you are not helping our wallets man , you are E V I L

i am not selling my Zeus though , i love it and all i need now is a better cable for it

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #10,398 of 40,346
Thanks guys. Hope to have the chance to try the EE one day. Been following them since day one with their kickstarter under a different name, so I'm certainly partial to Jack's stuff :)

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #10,399 of 40,346
@Jack Vang any projection as to when it would reach the shores of lil lil Singapore ?

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #10,400 of 40,346
Thanks guys. Hope to have the chance to try the EE one day. Been following them since day one with their kickstarter under a different name, so I'm certainly partial to Jack's stuff :)

I look forward to the day you review one of EE's stuffs.

Your reviews have always been a blast to read lol.

Jan 21, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #10,401 of 40,346
Thank you for the reviews.

I think the zeus will remain the flaship of EE, it is still very good.
Legend X will be their second flaship with a little more musicality and less violence like the zeus.

Other builders have multiple flaship like 64audio.

I will soon receive my cable, I can not wait, what he will give.

Jan 21, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #10,403 of 40,346
The double DD bass hybrid is definitely something new! Looking forward to try it out. Also, I wonder how bass-lite Phantom is to be regarded as less bassy than the Zeus? I thought that's as little as it could get LOL

Keep in mind that those impressions were made with Acoustune tips said to reduce bass response. @Kerouac - who demoed the prototype with a selection of tips - says the Phantom has "much more (sub)bass than the Zeus (both XIV and R)."

Jan 21, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #10,404 of 40,346
phantom seems like the one closest to my tastes , but i need to see some custom impressions (and finding the needed funds) before buying it

in the meantime i am so happy with Zeus XR i- it's a great ciem and a true TOTL flagship, so once more kudos/huge appreciation to @Jack Vang for facilitating my purchase and helping out :punch:

Jan 21, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #10,405 of 40,346
The double DD bass hybrid is definitely something new! Looking forward to try it out. Also, I wonder how bass-lite Phantom is to be regarded as less bassy than the Zeus? I thought that's as little as it could get LOL

Exact details of the Legend-X haven't been released yet, but based on a quick chat with Jack a few months back, the DD and crossover setup is probably going to be something a little different to what everyone else has been doing in the hybrid space. Very much looking forward to the final reveal (and to find out who has been listening to these bad boys so we can get some early impressions) so we can all find out exactly what's cooking over there in EE Towers... :wink:

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #10,407 of 40,346
Looking forward Jack. Can't wait to hear the CIEM Phantom's :wink:

Jan 21, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #10,409 of 40,346
I’ll be in Singapore very soon. Stay tuned for the official announcement.

giphy.gif

Jan 21, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #10,410 of 40,346
I’ll be in Singapore very soon. Stay tuned for the official announcement.

Oh boy...Music Sanctuary is gonna lit up with excitement pretty soon.

Sigh...if only Jaben Malaysia Nu Sentral or Subang has the same treatment... =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back