Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

First

Back
657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666
668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677
Next

Last
  1. ctsooner22
    Yes, totally agree. Was trying to post without saying too much about the device as I"m waiting for the official launch as much as possible. Folks are already salivating about them. Yes, EE already uses custom drivers. I guess my post was about other companies still using off the shelf devices. I believe that going that route has just about given us 90% of what they can achieve with them. What EE is going with their hardware and also casework and implementation is crazy and true cutting edge. Right now based on readying and speaking to folks it seems like two companies stick out more than the rest IRT true custom and revolutionary CIEM's. 64 and EE. Others makes some great gear adn I own some, but I'm so glad to have met some of you reviewers and that you have taken the time to share thoughts, both good and bad on all top end IEMs and cables. Having a blast with it and so many of my 2 channel friends are getting interested as they travel a lot. Just a fun time to be on this thread with the new line coming up.

Thanks for letting me play.

Deezel177 likes this.
  2. Deezel177
    Besides them, we also have companies like Custom Art with FIBAE technology, Ultimate Ears with TruTone drivers and acoustic enclosures, JH Audio with bass control and dual DOME-enclosed dynamic drivers, and much more. Every company I've mentioned above uses proprietary drivers too. But, that's certainly not to undermine your point or EE's unquestionable successes; it's to highlight how fast the IEM industry is growing and how much healthy innovation we can expect to see in the future. :D

3. Mython Contributor
    Does that mean it won't be televised?

Mimouille, Blitzula and proedros like this.
  4. Sound Eq
    when i listen to iems by companies as EE and how amazing they sound, I really ask myself how come big name company as samsung, apple, even sony ( which is the best among the for mentioned ) and others throw out just acceptable iems and they have all the money they need to make amazing iems and they have all the tech people anyone would imagine. Knowing that some companies for example like Rhaphsody is just a one man show and they release way better iems than big name companies

I really am so eager to see what will be released by EE as they are to me the best there is among all I tried

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  5. Sound Eq
    which is the more expensive one is it the phantom or legend x

6. kubig123
    Phantom

7. Wyville
    Legend X, not the final price, but expect ~US$ 2,300, the Phantom ~US$1,800.

8. singleended5863
    Phantom would fit my budget for now.

9. twister6 Contributor
    EE proprietary tech "drivers" are @Jack Vang and Dean :wink:

10. subguy812
    How true that is

11. proedros

you have my attention (and the reply number 10,000 to this thread)

Wyville likes this.
  12. Mython Contributor
    EE-10K.gif

Wishing the team @ EE a successful 2018 - if the new releases go well, we may see the next 10,000 replies appear much faster!

Wyville likes this.
  13. moneypls
    I am interested in Phantom too. Would it outperform Zeus???

14. ambrose1985
    excited to see how the legend would compare to tia fourte considering both are mixed drivers configuration!

would defo save some dough if legend is better ! *sniggers*

15. olddude
    These are both going to be different sound signatures from the Zeus. No point trying to guess in what way, other than the teaser that the Phantom is a timbre monster. I seriously doubt either will supplant the Zeus, more likely complement it in different directions.

As to price, I thought I saw a post from Jack stating the the prices listed in the mini-review were a bit higher than EE had in mind. That will also be a wait and see.

First

Back
657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666
668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677
Next

Last