Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 15, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #9,091 of 40,559
I like simple and fresh too and these look great. But yeah, I have been playing around with the designer a bit and it quickly gets overwhelming when you realise all the possibilities. Even if it is just a simple design, there are still endless possibilities. Going for just a single colour, like @ranfan's blue Spartans, or indeed your clean and clear design here, works very well too!

And once you start messing around with graphics in Photoshop, it can soon become an addiction... or as some call it, a folder called CIEM Design Ideas with 14 sub-folders inside...

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #9,092 of 40,559
And once you start messing around with graphics in Photoshop, it can soon become an addiction... or as some call it, a folder called CIEM Design Ideas with 14 sub-folders inside...
:sweat_smile: Brilliant!

Sadly (or perhaps luckily) I use a Macbook pro and it can't handle photoshop, so I make do with the online designers. Been meaning to get a graphical powerhouse pc, but as you know that requires tough negotiations and a lot of puppies. :D

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #9,093 of 40,559
:sweat_smile: Brilliant!

Sadly (or perhaps luckily) I use a Macbook pro and it can't handle photoshop, so I make do with the online designers. Been meaning to get a graphical powerhouse pc, but as you know that requires tough negotiations and a lot of puppies. :D

I Photoshop on a MacBook Pro too, dude! I just do it in a super cold room with IEMs in so I don't have to hear the fans. :D Judging from your new profile pic, I see the bribing process has begun... :p

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #9,094 of 40,559
I Photoshop on a MacBook Pro too, dude! I just do it in a super cold room with IEMs in so I don't have to hear the fans. :D Judging from your new profile pic, I see the bribing process has begun... :p
Oh man, those fans... I can't watch HD videos on YouTube without them kicking in. :p

Yeah, been working hard to get the bribing off to a good start and thought I might as well adjust my profile pic accordingly. :D

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #9,099 of 40,559
Been lurking around for quite a while. Debating on taking a plunge to get the Zeus, but can't decide if i should go XIV, R or XR. Does anyone know the difference between the ADEL and non-ADEL version?
You made the right and logical choice...XR

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #9,100 of 40,559
awesome. Share your color combo's. lol. I love seeing what you guys all chose. I'll steal one design eventually, :wink:

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #9,101 of 40,559
I just got a stock black Zeus XR Uni and love the "color." Very low-profile. Since I walk with it, it's less apparent exactly what I have in my ears. It reminds me of those cars you see that are all black, black bumpers, black roof, black wheels, black interior. The housings certainly are nice and small compared to Shure 846 and JH Angie. Screams quality.

Right now it's busy being burned in on my Astell SP1000, which also needs burning in (again) as I've been using a 2.5 balanced cable with it and the Zeus has a 3.5 single end Whiplash cable. I'll give it about 50 hours and see how that sounds.

Nov 18, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #9,103 of 40,559
Hi everyone. Two weeks ago I went to my local headphone dealer up in toronto and auditioned almost all the EE line and walked out with the Athena-VIII. I really wanted and thought I would have picked up the Zeus-XIV but turned out the Athena-VIII was more to my liking. I had the owner make me a copper Litz cable a couple days ago as I can not stand memory wire lol anyways after two weeks with the Athena-VIII I am truly in heaven. Great product EE!!

Nov 18, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #9,105 of 40,559
I just got a stock black Zeus XR Uni and love the "color." Very low-profile. Since I walk with it, it's less apparent exactly what I have in my ears. It reminds me of those cars you see that are all black, black bumpers, black roof, black wheels, black interior. The housings certainly are nice and small compared to Shure 846 and JH Angie. Screams quality.

Right now it's busy being burned in on my Astell SP1000, which also needs burning in (again) as I've been using a 2.5 balanced cable with it and the Zeus has a 3.5 single end Whiplash cable. I'll give it about 50 hours and see how that sounds.
Welcome...I had a feeling our paths would cross again at some point :k701smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back