Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 14, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #8,536 of 40,559
Sep 15, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #8,537 of 40,559
\
after 3 weeks of thorough listening i can say with no doubt that Zeus XR is definitely a better ciem than my NT6, which was my all-time favorite (c)iem in the last 7 years i have been here

zeus XR is truly a great ciem , for once the hype is right (unlike other companies/ciems....)

so regarding my rankings , i raise a toast to mighty Zeus

the king is dead , long live the king
Haha glad you're rocking it man! Posts like this make me feel slightly jealous these few days :p
I'm still (im)patiently waiting for my Zeus XRA reshell which I sent over in early June. Hope the hurricanes have not affected EE too much haha

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #8,538 of 40,559
\
Haha glad you're rocking it man! Posts like this make me feel slightly jealous these few days :p
I'm still (im)patiently waiting for my Zeus XRA reshell which I sent over in early June. Hope the hurricanes have not affected EE too much haha

I spoke with them the other week and they said turn around time for reshell is 3-4 weeks, if you sent it in in June then that' 4 months....either some info is missing or they are lying.

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #8,539 of 40,559
I spoke with them the other week and they said turn around time for reshell is 3-4 weeks, if you sent it in in June then that' 4 months....either some info is missing or they are lying.

It's definitely a 3-4 week turnaround time from the time that we receive the iems. Unfortunately other factors came into play as that particular dealer had a few issues, which caused severe delays, but it's all been squared away. The appropriate course of action would've been to just send out your reshell/repair to you directly regardless of the dealer problems but we dropped the ball on that one and for that I apologize sincerely. @Dingding123 you should be receiving it very shortly, thank you for your patience and support.

Sep 15, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #8,540 of 40,559
I can only say I envy all the Zeus owners out there since I myself probably won't have a chance to get it for a long long time lol. :D

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #8,541 of 40,559
It's definitely a 3-4 week turnaround time from the time that we receive the iems. Unfortunately other factors came into play as that particular dealer had a few issues, which caused severe delays, but it's all been squared away. The appropriate course of action would've been to just send out your reshell/repair to you directly regardless of the dealer problems but we dropped the ball on that one and for that I apologize sincerely. @Dingding123 you should be receiving it very shortly, thank you for your patience and support.
Hey Jack, just checking to see if we were still having a PM by chance? Thanks!

Sep 20, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #8,547 of 40,559
There is a concern I need to ask. Its probably not a big deal.

How easy is it for the UV acrylic shell to get scratched?

A properly lacquered acrylic shell like EE's will not get scratched easily. I once accidentally hit my Athena-ADEL pretty hard with the sharp end of my fingernail whilst trying to remove a cable, and not even a hairline scratch was visible on the shell. Do keep in mind that regular contact with hard materials (such as putting your IEMs on a hard-top table, the IEMs bumping into each other in a case, etc.) will eventually accumulate micro-scratches on the lacquer that won't be visible, but will cause the shell to lose its shine and luster.

Sep 20, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #8,548 of 40,559
A properly lacquered acrylic shell like EE's will not get scratched easily. I once accidentally hit my Athena-ADEL pretty hard with the sharp end of my fingernail whilst trying to remove a cable, and not even a hairline scratch was visible on the shell. Do keep in mind that regular contact with hard materials (such as putting your IEMs on a hard-top table, the IEMs bumping into each other in a case, etc.) will eventually accumulate micro-scratches on the lacquer that won't be visible, but will cause the shell to lose its shine and luster.
Thank you for the info! Will definitely look forward to collecting one in black friday!

Sep 21, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #8,549 of 40,559
I just received my 4.4 mm pwaudio no5 4-con cable - it arrived from Singapore/Music Sanctuary in less than 6 days with normal national post - impressive

now i need to burn this baby, apparently it needs 400-500 for the 4.4 WM1A socket to burn-in completely

will be back with more detailed impressions later on

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #8,550 of 40,559
I just received my 4.4 mm pwaudio no5 4-con cable - it arrived from Singapore/Music Sanctuary in less than 6 days with normal national post - impressive

now i need to burn this baby, apparently it needs 400-500 for the 4.4 WM1A socket to burn-in completely

will be back with more detailed impressions later on

That's a very long burn-in period :anguished:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back