Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 2, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #8,461 of 40,559
Honestly, man, keep at it. The more work you put in and the more traction you gain, the more opportunities you'll have from companies to give you a discount/free-of-charge unit of their products :D

Well I did my share for companies like Campfire, Empire and Noble, and recently Elysian Acoustics so...I am happy that everyone enjoyed it, even if they don't always agree with it which I am fine with.

Maybe I will someday get a contributor tag if I did this for another few years. *shrugs*

If there's one thing I keep at, is to always be honest with my feedback. And I do hope I can continue talk more about Empire Ears since I always love their stuffs. :wink:

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #8,462 of 40,559
the key is to build a time-machine and go back to that 1st day you said to yourself ''this site looks cool, hell how bad could it be for my wallet?''

**enters head-fi.org **
If I could only do that a few times...
"This motorcycle site looks cool, hell how bad could it be for my wallet?"
[Buys $9,000 Ducati]
"This mountainbike site looks cool, hell how bad could it be for my wallet?"
[Sells Ducati to buy $10,000 custom downhill bike]
"This photography site looks cool, hell how bad could it be for my wallet?"
[Buys $4,000 worth of gear]
"This head-fi site looks cool, hell how bad could it be for my wallet?"
[Still counting...] :D

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #8,464 of 40,559
If I could only do that a few times...
"This motorcycle site looks cool, hell how bad could it be for my wallet?"
[Buys $9,000 Ducati]

I'm still grateful the photography genes I inherited from my dad didn't come online until I got myself neck-deep in audio. My dad, on the other hand, isn't too happy with me after I brought him to Music Sanctuary; two CIEMs in two years and (if I have anything to do about it) counting :D

Sep 2, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #8,466 of 40,559
"Dear Santa,

I have been a really good boy this year and for Christmas I would like to find under the tree:

- Empire Ears Zeus XR
- Effect Audio Horus (2.5mm balanced)
- Astell & Kern SP1000 copper
Hmmm, in case you still have that (new $10K, really?) mountainbike. Wouldn't it be worth selling, to take care of your earlier posted Santa wishlist? :thinking:
For that Zeus XR / EA Horus / AK SP1000 combination, I wouldn't mind riding a $50 bike :bicyclist: for some years :grin:

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #8,469 of 40,559
Sep 3, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #8,471 of 40,559
Hmmm, in case you still have that (new $10K, really?) mountainbike. Wouldn't it be worth selling, to take care of your earlier posted Santa wishlist? :thinking:
For that Zeus XR / EA Horus / AK SP1000 combination, I wouldn't mind riding a $50 bike :bicyclist: for some years :grin:
Yes, that was one amazing bike! :D The irony is that I never got to ride it. It could literally only go down hill (not up it, or even flat) and two weeks before my first ride I injured my back during a training. I spent the next five months on painkillers. Knowing my back had never fully recovered, I thought it might not be the wisest thing in the world to have a hobby whereby I hurl myself down a mountain at 90 km/h. :p

So I sold it off at a huge loss and bought sensible things such as an oven, a dryer, a pc and (of course) a custom made 400L aquarium. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the aquarium forum... :sweat_smile:

But at least now you know why my wife is keeping tabs on me while I'm on head-fi. :D

Sep 3, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #8,472 of 40,559
Do you guys prefer straight or right angle plugs?

Right angled!!!

Mother of God.......2400 for a cable.....nope nope nope not falling for it.

Price aside, its a really damn good cable, pairing it with my Arthur, love it to the max!!! I shall see if the Horus can surpass the standard set by them:p

I demo'ed the SP1000 after listening to my daily driver AK70 and the former's transparency, treble presentation, resolution, soundstage, and imaging are simply all far better. The AK70 still has the sound signature I prefer more, but I must admit that I immediately got 1000 times more excited about Ryuzoh tapping me on the shoulder at e-earphone right then and there to discuss getting his mod, because I needed at least some semblance of hope that my AK70 could somewhat keep up :D You could also argue the same for cables, where many of us could honestly be content with a stock cable, but we're paying the extra hundred-or-thousand dollars simply to push the IEMs or DAPs we're using to their fullest potential.

Never say never :wink:

Dare to dream fellow bros!!! Miracles do happen!!!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #8,473 of 40,559
To be frank, its been quite a while since I hear the name Ryuzoh pop back up.

The only time I heard of him was through a headfonia review that talked about modding a Mojo to have a balanced output.

And apparently, guy's a wizard (not sure to what degree) and can make just about anything sound wonderful.

I am a bit scared to know how much he can do to a Fiio X1 with its modding potential due to such low cost.

Sep 3, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #8,474 of 40,559
i would love to try 1960-2 wire but 1000$ for a cable still seem crazy money to me (to those who don't seem as such, you probably are 'loaded' - good for you :beyersmile: )

but the problem with this hobby , you max out on daps(wm1a) and ciems (zeus XR) , you start thinking ''ok maybe buy a 500$ cable?''

really hoping pw no5 shoots above its price , and the 4.4 sony balanced upgrades everything otherwise i may end up selling my twagv3 which is sitting idly in my drawe and go for ''STOP THIS TRAIN OF THOUGHT NOW'' :jecklinsmile:

Its not about loaded or not, theres lots of sacrifices behind it, less partying etc, when I am eating bread with plain water, no1 knows:frowning2:

Sep 3, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #8,475 of 40,559
I'm still grateful the photography genes I inherited from my dad didn't come online until I got myself neck-deep in audio. My dad, on the other hand, isn't too happy with me after I brought him to Music Sanctuary; two CIEMs in two years and (if I have anything to do about it) counting :D

Wow, is your dad an audiophile too? How i wish i have some siblings or friends who share the same interest as me:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back