Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 14, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #6,736 of 40,559
I can't reveal too much except the sound but let's just say that you have a lot to look forward to :wink_face:

Yeah I know. I am still waiting for my IEM after months but I have a feeling that I am gonna have to catch up even more.

I must admit it's been too long since I followed Empire updates due to busy life.

Mar 14, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #6,737 of 40,559
So unfortunate that I couldn't attend to the CanJam this year...I must've missed a hell lot. =(

But from what I can read so far, it seems like Proto X is gonna be the next big hit eh...wish I could give it a listen...could be the next flagship masterpiece since Zeus-R... :D

Both prototype X and H will be a hit once they release I'm pretty sure hahaha.

But hey, don't overwrite the Zeus! The Zeus should hold its ground rather firmly even with the launch of these 2 models :drooling_face:. Zeus still rules the line up in term of the most mesmerising vocals :drooling_face:

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #6,739 of 40,559
Is it a new flagship or something?

Both are prototypes. I suspect that one would be a flagship, one would be a mid-end product catering to customers with different purchasing powers.
I guess they will form a new line-up that complements the successful Olympian line-up.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #6,740 of 40,559
Both prototype X and H will be a hit once they release I'm pretty sure hahaha.

But hey, don't overwrite the Zeus! The Zeus should hold its ground rather firmly even with the launch of these 2 models :drooling_face:. Zeus still rules the line up in term of the most mesmerising vocals :drooling_face:

I am sure it'll be quite a while before the Zeus gets an official successor, considering how it's doing so well still.

But I can't help but be curious about how the Proto H and X sounded and how it compared to the Olympus line up...it's the only thing I can't help but keep thinking.

And of course, another thing that I wonder is when will my first CIEM arrive...
frown.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #6,745 of 40,559
There are technical characteristics of H and X? How many drivers they have?

All the people have tried counting drivers and asking jack but he won't spill the beans. All he could say was that the H is for hush

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #6,746 of 40,559
All the people have tried counting drivers and asking jack but he won't spill the beans. All he could say was that the H is a hybrid.

I asked him abt msrp and he said that the h would be somewhere between the Athena and Apollo. While the X, I already knew I wouldn't have the cash so I didn't ask

Hybrid is nice, but too mad they don't tune it with a natural/neutral tuning. I get the impression from the impressions that it will be a bit v-shaped. Don't need anymore v-shaped hybrids on the market:/

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #6,747 of 40,559
All the people have tried counting drivers and asking jack but he won't spill the beans. All he could say was that the H is a hybrid.
I asked him abt msrp and he said that the h would be somewhere between the Athena and Apollo. While the X, I already knew I wouldn't have the cash so I didn't ask

I think we're revealing a bit too much info here @tim0chan; maybe leave some allure to the mystery. Though, echoing the pricing rumour, the H has a mid-level price that I think will excite many.

Hybrid is nice, but too mad they don't tune it with a natural/neutral tuning. I get the impression from the impressions that it will be a bit v-shaped. Don't need anymore v-shaped hybrids on the market:/

The v-shape signature of the Proto-H is subtle, with the mids being definitely in line with the bass and the treble. It's just the texture of the bass as well as the energetic highs that pull focus on them a bit. Otherwise, I can say the tuning is very natural, with great coherence and linearity.

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #6,749 of 40,559
  Any thoughts on how the X sounds? is it any similar to the zeus?

The X is actually more similar to the Zeus than different. Picture the Zeus XIV with a much wider soundstage with treble that is more controlled and less aggressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back