Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 3, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #5,911 of 40,345
I haven't listened to the Solar

Sorry for the mistake. I remember seeing you a lot in the Rhapsodio thread. Thought you must have owned the Solar at one point. Guess it was all Galaxy for you. :wink:

Feb 3, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #5,912 of 40,345
@PinkyPowers I find Zeus XR (don't have adel just yet) to be very very revealing, detailed, transparent and very very high resolution. The R more than XIV.

I feel it beats hd800 in resolution (not Soundstage) I feel it beats lcd x in resolution/midrange/highs and not in bass)

It dominates se846,he400i, he560, hd800 (maybe not so in treble) ((Zeus is simply not fatiguing even without adel,)) there are no powerful peaks in the spectrum or sibilance (sibilance highly dependent on recording) but generally very very low.

I think it destroys the Noble k10 by a long shot. I understand my comparisons are not orthodox but we use hps and iems for the same reason.

I recommend you get a test unit of the XR so you can try and you will be wowed.

For me (after a year of long long hunting for end game iem/hp) I'm glad I spent the extra $ and got something that leaves me wishing for nothing else

Empire Ears also has Stellar customer service and support. Which is also what you are purchasing

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #5,913 of 40,345
That's good to know. Zeus is quite a bit outside of my price range, though. I spent only $1k on my U12 ADEL, and that's where I'm going to stay for a good long while.

I believe those who say Zeus is better. I've heard this from a few Head-Fi'ers I trust. I'm happy with what I have now. It also just so happens to be what I can afford, so it's especially nice that I like it so much. I know my wallet is glad for it. :D

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #5,914 of 40,345
That's good to know. Zeus is quite a bit outside of my price range, though. I spent only $1k on my U12 ADEL, and that's where I'm going to stay for a good long while.

I believe those who say Zeus is better. I've heard this from a few Head-Fi'ers I trust. I'm happy with what I have now. It also just so happens to be what I can afford, so it's especially nice that I like it so much. I know my wallet is glad for it. :D

It's all about how happy and content you are. I never heard U12 but I'm sure it's a great iem. You can find universal and custom Zeus for sale around for decently priced. Slightly north of 1k.$ with enough hunting and patience you could probably sell your u12 and throw in a little more and get a Zeus. But I recommend you somehow give it a listen just so you know what your hunting is worth.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #5,916 of 40,345
Anybody have anything to say about impact audio cables and Zeus? Which one sounds like how?
I have an Impact Audio cable for my Spartan and it's amazing, build quality, comfort, price, aesthetics, sound. What do you want to know?

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #5,917 of 40,345
I have an Impact Audio cable for my Spartan and it's amazing, build quality, comfort, price, aesthetics, sound. What do you want to know?

Well Im just curious what cable is right for me to increase resolution/clarity and the top range extention on my Zeus XR (about to be adel) I think Zeus has all that I need in spades, but I'd like to push it to its limits.. But something from impact... Because it's affordable

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #5,918 of 40,345
Anybody have anything to say about impact audio cables and Zeus? Which one sounds like how?

I saw an older post by flinkenick, where he talked about struggling to find a good upgrade cable for his Zeus, until he tried the Rhapsodio Gold. I don't know if that's still his favorite. Maybe he'll drop in and give us an update. :wink:

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #5,920 of 40,345
Can anyone tell me how does Zeus sound with poorly mastered tracks?

I still stand by my statement. I find the Zeus or Zeus R to be expertly forgiving (Jurassic Park analogy I had made in this thread). I still got a lot of mp3s from 13-14y ago of post-punk bands on budget with demos or poorly recorded that I actually enjoy with my Zeus whereas I'd have just skipped with my other iems.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #5,922 of 40,345
To continue the trend :joy:, for my Spartans, I have the q audio French silk cable reterminated to fit iems.
Makes it smooth and silky,pun intended

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #5,923 of 40,345
I have a Zeus XR Adel ordered from Jack. I will have some cable rolling fun when it arrives: Whiplash TWAu, PW Audio no5, and 1960's 2 wire. 

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #5,924 of 40,345
Just got the Zeus XR Adel and there is no instructions on the tiny switch use. What mode is up and what is down! Also how far do you push on the ear buds on to the stem? Should the stem tube end be flush, recessed or sticking out?

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #5,925 of 40,345
Just got the Zeus XR Adel and there is no instructions on the tiny switch use. What mode is up and what is down! Also how far do you push on the ear buds on to the stem? Should the stem tube end be flush, recessed or sticking out?

R is up and XIV is down, but you'll probably notice the difference in signature soon enough once you've tried
ksc75smile.gif

My XR is a custom, but with universal iems (in general) I normally have the stem a bit recessed, but very close to flush.
I assume you were asking how far to push the tips on the iem? If not please excuse me for the misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back