Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 5, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #26,806 of 40,559
Ugh, i miss my custom Legend X so much. One of my biggest regrets in my audio journey was selling them.
I also miss Legend X. Biggest regret of my audio journey was to send that one back to its rightful owner... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:

Feb 5, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #26,807 of 40,559
Out of all the iems I’ve owned and sold, I miss the lxse the most...

#lxlove

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #26,809 of 40,559
@Jack Vang we are waiting for an easily accessible LX SE :)

tenor.gif

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #26,810 of 40,559
Sold my LX yesterday ... Who knows, maybe they'll be back at some point... :)
For now, probably heading towards Odin or Fourte next.

I believe you sold yours in favour of Nio? I'm going the other way, LX is replacing Nio (and Trio) in my collection. Never thought anything would replace Nio in my collection, but even after an initial listen I can tell it's the right move for me.

@Jack Vang we are waiting for an easily accessible LX SE :)
Again based on an initial listen, I would not want any LESS bass from an LX. And certainly no more upper mids. The balance is just about perfect for what I want the LX to do (in contrast to Fourte).

Speaking of, @Deezel177 I'm still waiting for that kick in the 'nads. Everyone keeps telling me these things will crush my skull, but seriously, all I'm hearing is very refined, very precise bass and only where it needs to be in the track, no bleed, no stamping all over the mids, none of that loose boomy bass stuff. This is bona-fide audiophile flagship bass of the highest order.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #26,811 of 40,559
I believe you sold yours in favour of Nio? I'm going the other way, LX is replacing Nio (and Trio) in my collection. Never thought anything would replace Nio in my collection, but even after an initial listen I can tell it's the right move for me.

Again based on an initial listen, I would not want any LESS bass from an LX. And certainly no more upper mids. The balance is just about perfect for what I want the LX to do (in contrast to Fourte).

Speaking of, @Deezel177 I'm still waiting for that kick in the 'nads. Everyone keeps telling me these things will crush my skull, but seriously, all I'm hearing is very refined, very precise bass and only where it needs to be in the track, no bleed, no stamping all over the mids, none of that loose boomy bass stuff. This is bona-fide audiophile flagship bass of the highest order.

I cable rolled the LX to have less bass and slightly more treble presence which is essentially what the LX SE has (or so I am lead to believe). All I’m saying is make it easily available to purchase for those who want it :)

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #26,812 of 40,559

Yeah, the LX definitely executes basshead with a suit-and-tie. I was more so referring to the sheer physicality of those W9 woofers; the likes of which I've still yet to hear from anyone other than EE. :wink:

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #26,813 of 40,559
I will miss you as one of my fellow Nio fans... :)... But I am glad you like the LX! Yes I listened to the LX for a couple of weeks and in the end I prefer Nio. I find the vocals just right on Nio, and somewhat recessed comparatively on LX. Nio is also just right for me in terms of comfort, and I like the versatility with the apex modules. But I can understand why someone would pick LX over Nio as well. Bass is great on both.

Exactly in line with my thoughts. In my experience, Nio has more bass, even with M15. LX bass is great, but certainly not overwhelming in quantity, to my ears.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #26,814 of 40,559
I will miss you as one of my fellow Nio fans... :)... But I am glad you like the LX! Yes I listened to the LX for a couple of weeks and in the end I prefer Nio. I find the vocals just right on Nio, and somewhat recessed comparatively on LX. Nio is also just right for me in terms of comfort, and I like the versatility with the apex modules. But I can understand why someone would pick LX over Nio as well. Bass is great on both.

Exactly in line with my thoughts. In my experience, Nio has more bass, even with M15. LX bass is great, but certainly not overwhelming in quantity, to my ears.
First you'll never lose me as a Nio fan. I'll happily sing the Nio's praises and fly the flag for anyone who asks. It's a top-notch IEM, probably the 'best' (most organic/euphonic) vocals of any IEM I've heard (mind you LX comes very, very close, and is much more detailed). Nio is definitely the more versatile of the two, and Apex does make it better for your ears - though I'm yet to have a longer session with LX, I can feel the greater pressure in my ears.

As for bass, still very early days, but Nio is definitely more boisterous, especially with M15/20. LX is more refined, more controlled, with better punch and slam, but Nio is bigger, more midbass-focused, with more cushioned edges.

At this level it's really a matter of preference. You can't go wrong with either, and it all depends on what you're after.

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #26,815 of 40,559
Ugh, i miss my custom Legend X so much. One of my biggest regrets in my audio journey was selling them.
Thus, I purchased them again

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #26,816 of 40,559

I hear it that way too ..

Feb 5, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #26,818 of 40,559
Definitely LX an A12t are the classics to keep. :)

Feb 5, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #26,820 of 40,559
Let me just drop this "teaser" and BTS on here as well... :eyes:

#Wraith

IMG_1036.JPG

And how it was setup

IMG_1037.JPG

Final Image coming soon!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back