Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 11, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #26,611 of 40,544
I also love classical so i think that the iem with BA bass is really suitable for this genre music because the speed of bass is very important and i recognized that the BA driver is really better than Dynamic. So this is a reason that you love ERL and Wraith than Odin in musical. The Dynamic driver is better rumble, texture and dept, it could play well with all of genre but i believe that the BA driver has the best of speed.
The Erlkonig’s bass is not just tight, but powerful and deep. This is why it is shocking to many who thought they would only like DD bass. It is also more expensive and no longer made.

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #26,612 of 40,544

C0D95C97-7F0E-47D9-8FEE-A01316323064.jpeg

Odin > U12T?! Seems like someone just doesn’t understand THE U12T (jk, I’ll go cry in my corner now)

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #26,613 of 40,544
C0D95C97-7F0E-47D9-8FEE-A01316323064.jpeg
Odin > U12T?! Seems like someone just doesn’t understand THE U12T (jk, I’ll go cry in my corner now)
We can still be audio friends. U12t and Odin are identical in my ranking.

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #26,614 of 40,544
OK sorry for another question about the Hero, but it appears i may be able to get the Legend X for a slightly cheaper price than a new Hero. For people in the know, how do the Hero and the Legend X compete? Genres i listen to are pretty much everything except for country/Blues/Classical. Mainly listen to K-pop, rock, Classic rock and Pop

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #26,615 of 40,544
OK sorry for another question about the Hero, but it appears i may be able to get the Legend X for a slightly cheaper price than a new Hero. For people in the know, how do the Hero and the Legend X compete? Genres i listen to are pretty much everything except for country/Blues/Classical. Mainly listen to K-pop, rock, Classic rock and Pop
Quite frankly, the Legend X is a level above Hero on pretty much all fronts but a starkly different tonality. With the genres you mentioned I would definitely go with the Legend X, with Hero maybe winning out on some k-pop and some harder rock.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #26,616 of 40,544
Quite frankly, the Legend X is a level above Hero on pretty much all fronts but a starkly different tonality. With the genres you mentioned I would definitely go with the Legend X, with Hero maybe winning out on some k-pop and some harder rock.
I would second this opinion, as far as technical comparison is concerned.

For me personally Hero did not have anything to offer over LX.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #26,617 of 40,544
I would second this opinion, as far as technical comparison is concerned.

For me personally Hero did not have anything to offer over LX.

Yeah technically it has no facet that is better than the LX. The tonality does lend itself better to certain genre's though. Hero sounds a lot 'cleaner' and more aggressive when going back and forth between the LX. Hero works great for music with an underlying bass tone and male / female vocals imo. The Hero comes across quite ethereal on these kinds of tracks, like the vocals are floating above the rest of the music. Hard to explain but very satisfying. The LX on the other hand is just mind bogglingly technical while having amazing bass.

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #26,618 of 40,544
Wondering this myself. I had ear impressions made today for the first time and am trying to go to CanJam to hear the legend X before I pull the trigger. But now I see the hero founder’s edition is still available.....

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #26,619 of 40,544
Wondering this myself. I had ear impressions made today for the first time and am trying to go to CanJam to hear the legend X before I pull the trigger. But now I see the hero founder’s edition is still available.....
I see you have Polaris in your avatar. If those are V2 and you like the sound then just blind buy the Legend X. They absolutely murder the Polaris V2 in every way.

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #26,621 of 40,544
I find I can fine-tune the bass response with the Legend X Universal by slightly adjusting depth/seal and thus get a perfect sound per musical selection. I find the highs and instrument placement delightful.

With this in mind, would you all reassure me that there is no need for me to even consider spending the exorbitant amount required for Odin as I have all I need for total eternal satisfaction with Legend X?

I and my wallet thank you in advance. :)
As a major fan, maybe the biggest here (inflammatory language; ignore) and an owner of both... this is a brutally tough question.

The best way I can sum this up from my perspective would be:

Are the Legend X fantastic and do they compete with the Odin regarding a different top tier sound? Yes.

Are the Odin a noticeable amount more technically capable and impressive than the LX? Yes.

Do they compliment each other? Yes.

Do you want to spend the $$$ for, in my opinion, one of the best IEM implementations that exists with Odin? That's up to the devil on your shoulder.

I can say with absolute certainty that you should audition the Odin before buying it. Be forewarned, if you audition it and there is stock available at that location, you're most likely screwed. Honestly, the Legend X are chameleons and offer many configuration options to arrive at the sound you are seeking. The Odin has a bit less bass in totality but it does not lack the depth and width. Where the Odin get people is how freaking clear, detailed and separated they are while offering bass that I haven't heard in other IEM's that are technical wizards.

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #26,622 of 40,544
Ok just managed to hear both the hero and legend x via 3.5mm with my kann alpha.
Legend x is amazing technically but I found it too smooth for female voices With K-pop. The PRAT with hero was something else. Something magic going on there for me.
Legend X is amazing in its own right. That bass is next level but too next level for me. I’d say legend x is much more versatile amongst genres, but I think it’s too similar to the IER z1r that I own. Hero offers something different for me. Or maybe it’s just me going through a massive K-pop phase which is showing my bias here
Hero’s sense of sparkle and clarity won me over even if it is no where technically as good.
Hero will be my “fun” iem to compliment my u12t and ier-z1r

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #26,623 of 40,544
Ok just managed to hear both the hero and legend x via 3.5mm with my kann alpha.
Legend x is amazing technically but I found it too smooth for female voices With K-pop. The PRAT with hero was something else. Something magic going on there for me.
Legend X is amazing in its own right. That bass is next level but too next level for me. I’d say legend x is much more versatile amongst genres, but I think it’s too similar to the IER z1r that I own. Hero offers something different for me. Or maybe it’s just me going through a massive K-pop phase which is showing my bias here
Hero’s sense of sparkle and clarity won me over even if it is no where technically as good.

There's a mint Hero selling cheaply in the classifieds, in case you're looking for one:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-ee-hero-founder’s-edition-41-mint.944096/

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #26,624 of 40,544
I got my LX to replace my Z1r that I had fit problems. I agree with you, if the "collection" is not vast, one or another will fulfil you really well. A different signature would be a better comolement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back