Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #22,564 of 40,538
Ludicrous... need to try and find a way of getting it shipped without the ridiculous customs charges.
If you have any friends in the USA ship it to them and have them ship it to you - 0 Customs charge but make sure you ship with a reliable carrier as you can’t insure it

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #22,566 of 40,538
lets see the prices in germany .. but im afraid it will be also "to much" in compare to the us

Even in the US, it is more than I am willing to pay for an IEM. I have not paid over $2000 for any of my IEMs. A better dap is next for me, so no Odin or Hero coming to my home.

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #22,568 of 40,538
So there are all your answers. The Hero costs about what the Odin's cable goes for. :). The Odin is $3400. The bass isn't like the LX. The mids apparently are like the Zeus. The treble is "smooth" but extended (this is the part that concerns me). They put a PWAudio copper on it (variant of the 1960?) so we can guess that will make the upper end notes a bit fuller, push the mids forward, and add some more down low.

Nice job, EE. Fun video with Jack and Jude. Now it's just a matter of the reviews. Everyone can take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy what comes next.

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #22,569 of 40,538
It's not conversation nonsense people are quoting the exact prices from various distributors in different countries, and good luck to you that it's only $3,399 in the USA.
Yes but folks were using that conversion to spout out incorrect assumption of price in the US. Then using that to say it was going to be more than Jack stated it would be which was false.

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #22,570 of 40,538
Aug 3, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #22,571 of 40,538
Damn I wanted to say $3399 but I hoped it would be slightly less. Would have guessed it perfectly!

Hey, if any international people need a us friend for forward shipping I can be that friend! Haha.

But seriously I'm still thinking of picking up an Odin. I don't know if I should just blind buy and then see how it stacks vs. Thummim when I demo it or try to demo Odin first as well.

I guess if it's still a couple weeks before anyone will receive an Odin to even purchase then I can just keep waiting? I thought they would have been available at launch, I was kind of hoping for that given the delays they already put on announcing it I thought they were getting ready for release at launch.

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #22,572 of 40,538
Damn I wanted to say $3399 but I hoped it would be slightly less. Would have guessed it perfectly!

Hey, if any international people need a us friend for forward shipping I can be that friend! Haha.

But seriously I'm still thinking of picking up an Odin. I don't know if I should just blind buy and then see how it stacks vs. Thummim when I demo it or try to demo Odin first as well.

I guess if it's still a couple weeks before anyone will receive an Odin to even purchase then I can just keep waiting? I thought they would have been available at launch, I was kind of hoping for that given the delays they already put on announcing it I thought they were getting ready for release at launch.
The very first units are shipping or have shipped to reviewers already, and some distributors have them too

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #22,573 of 40,538
Even in the US, it is more than I am willing to pay for an IEM. I have not paid over $2000 for any of my IEMs. A better dap is next for me, so no Odin or Hero coming to my home.
Until they show up.used!

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #22,574 of 40,538
Founders editions on its way to authorised resellers and distributors.
Pre-orders come after from the message.

Seems to be universal at this stage. Hoping to have more news on custom built.

CIEMs I anticipate will be near the end of the year. On top of production there's still a few kinks we need to work out, especially with ODIN before releasing it as CIEM. Both Odin and Hero were designed as UIEMs.

So there are all your answers. The Hero costs about what the Odin's cable goes for. :). The Odin is $3400. The bass isn't like the LX. The mids apparently are like the Zeus. The treble is "smooth" but extended (this is the part that concerns me). They put a PWAudio copper on it (variant of the 1960?) so we can guess that will make the upper end notes a bit fuller, push the mids forward, and add some more down low.

Nice job, EE. Fun video with Jack and Jude. Now it's just a matter of the reviews. Everyone can take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy what comes next.

I really wanted to touch on the bass part. The bass is definitely a little more than neutral or reference IMO but it isn't as much as LX in quantity. We really wanted to showcase the W9+'s extension, reverb and impact capabilities while still having a more balanced signature that'll play well across a myriad of genres. I really can't wait for you all to get these in your ears :)

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #22,575 of 40,538
So no orders directly from Empire Ears website?

We think it is imperative that our products be available for demo in as many places as possible. We're BEYOND grateful for the folks who believe in us strongly enough to purchase Odin blindly. Truly, beyond grateful. However, that's not something we can reasonably expect from people, so having a space to try-before-you-buy is super important to us. And with passionate customers all over the globe, the only way we could figure to meet that demand fairly was to launch through our dealer network. Also dealers provide an invaluable service in the knowledge and materials that they bring to the table, the better our products are represented, the stronger we are.

So, if and when we can catch up to the market demand we will reassess our position, but until then, trust in our dealers to make sure you get taken care of, because we do
🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

• haci
Back