Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 28, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #20,762 of 40,522
Hey all!

We love going to shows because it lets us interact with all of you and hear all your feedback!

BUT - no one on our production side of things gets to have that fun (we lock them in the lab so they can keep pounding out these sweet IEMs), so if there's ever anything you'd wanted to say to the folks who actually make our IEMs, post it here so we can relay the messages and they can share in the love and excitement of what we do. :)

Here's a new video showing off the folks in the lab:

And here's some pics from the lab.

VwKG0aZ.jpg

GVYxYRj.jpg

Vhp2owo.jpg

xzUtMW8.jpg

SzkTkZR.jpg

bsHm3NN.jpg

Once again, thank you all for your continued support!

Feb 28, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #20,763 of 40,522
Hey all!

We love going to shows because it lets us interact with all of you and hear all your feedback!

BUT - no one on our production side of things gets to have that fun (we lock them in the lab so they can keep pounding out these sweet IEMs), so if there's ever anything you'd wanted to say to the folks who actually make our IEMs, post it here so we can relay the messages and they can share in the love and excitement of what we do. :)

VwKG0aZ.jpg

GVYxYRj.jpg

Vhp2owo.jpg

xzUtMW8.jpg

SzkTkZR.jpg

bsHm3NN.jpg

I would like the production people to know that my custom Legend X and custom Phantom were a perfect fit on the first try and that they looked so much better than envisioned.

Feb 28, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #20,764 of 40,522
It’s been a few months since I got the Legend X but wanted to give it a good burn in before I posted my impressions. Besides some initial issues which were sorted by EE I’m very happy with my purchase. I’ve got to say I’ve never heard anything like them, I didn’t think what the Legend X does is possible from an IEM. I blind bought them which is a huge risk for my first custom but I’ve been experimenting to find what my preferred signature is for years so I knew what i was looking for. I’m a basshead first and foremost, I like a good quality bass and if an IEM doesn’t scratch that itch it doesn’t stay around for long... *cough* Andromeda *cough*. But I also like a high level of detail and a spacious soundstage. The legend ticks all of these boxes without a problem while being smooth and seemingly ethereal while doing it. I was worried when people said the treble wasn’t extended but I really think it’s perfect! Especially after a cable upgrade. So yeah, highly highly recommend the Legend if anyone is considering it, it genuinely still shocks me at times and ive just put them back in after having only got the U12Ts 2 days ago.

Feb 28, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #20,765 of 40,522
It’s been a few months since I got the Legend X but wanted to give it a good burn in before I posted my impressions. Besides some initial issues which were sorted by EE I’m very happy with my purchase. I’ve got to say I’ve never heard anything like them, I didn’t think what the Legend X does is possible from an IEM. I blind bought them which is a huge risk for my first custom but I’ve been experimenting to find what my preferred signature is for years so I knew what i was looking for. I’m a basshead first and foremost, I like a good quality bass and if an IEM doesn’t scratch that itch it doesn’t stay around for long... *cough* Andromeda *cough*. But I also like a high level of detail and a spacious soundstage. The legend ticks all of these boxes without a problem while being smooth and seemingly ethereal while doing it. I was worried when people said the treble wasn’t extended but I really think it’s perfect! Especially after a cable upgrade. So yeah, highly highly recommend the Legend if anyone is considering it, it genuinely still shocks me at times and ive just put them back in after having only got the U12Ts 2 days ago.

I love my LX. The undisputed basshead audiophile king.

Feb 28, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #20,767 of 40,522

Agree, a cable upgrade from the stock Ares II does wonders. I use the EA LeoII and it really let's the treble come to life and I think gives a great balance with the awesome bass.

Feb 28, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #20,768 of 40,522
Hey all!

VwKG0aZ.jpg

GVYxYRj.jpg

Vhp2owo.jpg

xzUtMW8.jpg

SzkTkZR.jpg

bsHm3NN.jpg

Awesome skill and craftsmanship. Thanks to the team for two EE IEMs thus far!

Feb 28, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #20,769 of 40,522
I think it’s really a disservice to call it just a basshead iem though!

I didn't call it "just a basshead IEM" I called it an "audiophile basshead" IEM :p I agree that it brings a lot more to the table than just bass-- it's detail retrieval, layering and staging, among other things, are top tier...however, to my ears the bass of the LX is its defining quality and I would not recommend it to anyone without the caveat that if they're not a basshead they might not be able to handle the intense level of bass the LX often puts out. It's not "just" a basshead IEM, but someone who isn't a basshead would be well advised to give it a whirl before committing to it.

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #20,771 of 40,522
I have 3.5 years with Zeus XR as my primary/only CIEM and these babies going strong after almost 4000 hours of use , and still zero urge to upgrade (maybe because i am short of a kidney to sell)

amazing job by EE and their lab people , so kudos to you all

Feb 29, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #20,772 of 40,522
I'd like to apologise to the lab people for what a pita my ears are. Didn't help that I sent in impressions by someone who didn't know the difference between impressions for ciems and hearing aids :frowning2:

Feb 29, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #20,773 of 40,522
I didn't call it "just a basshead IEM" I called it an "audiophile basshead" IEM :p I agree that it brings a lot more to the table than just bass-- it's detail retrieval, layering and staging, among other things, are top tier...however, to my ears the bass of the LX is its defining quality and I would not recommend it to anyone without the caveat that if they're not a basshead they might not be able to handle the intense level of bass the LX often puts out. It's not "just" a basshead IEM, but someone who isn't a basshead would be well advised to give it a whirl before committing to it.

Maybe I should have worded that better. It wasn’t in reference to your comment directly as I know in the past you’ve mention it’s technical prowess, but many people do just pigeonhole it as a basshead iem and leave it as that. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Feb 29, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #20,774 of 40,522
Hello everyone, just tried to search on back pages but couldn't pickup with key words. Any desktop DAC suggestions to pair well with the Wraith ?
Hugo tt since it was designed with the Hugo in mind?

Feb 29, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #20,775 of 40,522
I waited a year for my Legend X review, yes it wasn't necessary and it was due in part to me just having too many to complete, but the Legend X is one of the most technical performers I have heard. The bass is sublime but with proper seasoning will be controlled. The treble extends and with the upper mids provides a nice level of detail. The thing that surprised me the most is the pinpoint staging. It is super annoying when folks do quick listen comments or haven't seasoned their Legend X enough and chime in about bass being the end all be all.

In case anyone is interested.. https://audiorabbithole.com/empire-ears-legend-x-review/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back