1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

First

Back
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147
Next

Last
  1. klove4252
    I can also vouch for the Plenue S and Zeus-R. I've tried the Zeus with the AK380cu, Paw Gold, Mojo, QP1R, NW-Zx2, and Opus 1. The Plenue S by far has the best synergy with the Zeus, especially if you use a balanced 3.5 TRRS cable with the Zeus.

Spamateur likes this.
  2. Sound Eq
  3. Spamateur

Bass-wise, both the original and the R have the same quantity and excellent quality. Mids are a bit thicker and bloomier on the original. The R is still mid-centric to some extent but is more neutral than the original. Layering is excellent on both.

4. Sound Eq
    which do u prefer

5. Spamateur
    I like the Zeus-R better. They're more of a "reference" signature with better clarity and treble sparkle while still maintaining the emotion and engagement that the Empire Ears lineup is known for.  I posted some comparisons between the two when the Zeus-R was first announced here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/1710#post_12539990

Some posters here and on the Zeus thread prefer the original due to it being more romantic, but I like the updated version significantly better. It's definitely personal preference at this point, and I can't fault anyone for preferring the OG Zeus over the -R because they're both fantastic.

shotgunshane likes this.
  6. Sound Eq
    let me ask it this way, you know every now and then we buy items that just give a wow factor

so I owned quite good iems, among the ones I owned please check my profile

would the Zeus R be one of the items that would give this wow effect?

7. Spamateur

We've owned some of the same TOTL IEMs and the Zeus-R is the only one I still own. It definitely has "wow factor" to me in that I ordered it on first listen and immediately made plans to sell my K10 and Legend R.

Jack Vang likes this.
  8. Sound Eq
    if anyone is selling either the zeus xiv or zeus r for a good deal send me a pm, also remember there is a 15% discount going when you send me an offer

By the way I have an empire ears called savage 5 which is a 5 BA

and it sounds awesome

its a pre- release and suits people who love bass, and it has great mids and highs

9. Sound Eq
    can i ask which has the biggest soundstage among ee line, and give a 3d effect assuming there is such a thing but with no sacrifice to bass or mids

10. ReptilynSamurai

Thanks for sharing the video. It does look like a great player, but I decided that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are important to me, and I like having a second microsd slot. (I like to listen to a particular playlist while sleeping, using Bluetooth speakers, so it should be able to connect to those.) The Plenue was tempting, but I ultimately went with the Pioneer XDP-100R when I found it for a decent price from an Amazon seller, so we shall see how I like it when it arrives!

11. Spamateur
    Nice! Enjoy it!

12. Sound Eq
    soon i will join you guys with owning Zeus R, I am just working things out with Jack, what a nice guy 

Empire Ears is the among very few companies that go extra miles for their customers, I have never seen a guy as nice as Jack

davidcotton and Cagin like this.
  13. boomtube

14. Malevolent

Welcome to the Empire Ears club! I haven't heard the Zeus R myself, but I'm mighty satisfied with my Zeus XIV. Its mids are magical! [​IMG] 

15. tusing
    The UE Buffer Jack entirely solved the issue of hiss/distortion for me with absolutely no impact on sound quality.

It was under $10.

First

Back
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147
Next

Last