1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

First

Back
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
Next

Last
  1. SomeWiseGuy

About 6 weeks.
    MS was the middleman between me and EE.

2. james93
    Hey I have a question, what are the opinions of the Zeus R and the Shanling M5?

Just asking since it's on MD again right now

Thanks

3. Tony1110

I use it with the Athena and it's great. Very competent, no frills DAP. Low output impedance and hiss is about on par with the Mojo.

For the Massdrop price especially it's a bargain.

4. esm87
    Recently bought the Vibro labs Aria, loving these, they sound fantastic, however, ever since I come across the empire ears the zeus has always stuck in my mind.

What can I expect from the zeus if i was buy a set compared to what I've got? Nothing wrong with my Aria, sounds awesome etc to me but I want to go straight to the TOTL. Would the sound difference be huge or am I at a point where it would be a different kind of sound compared to a markedly better sound? Cheers

5. AxelCloris Administrator

While my time with the Aria universal was brief I can tell you that what I heard was a classic "night and day" difference after listening to both in Chicago. The Aria was pretty warm with a bass that seemed a tad loose. I seem to remember there was some treble rolloff as well. Its a sound signature that I know appeals to many. The Zeus was more refined with a different presentation. It had a tighter low end, better extension, and a larger sense of air. There's more energy in the Zeus making it more engaging. The Aria (universal) was quite different than the Zeus (also universal) at that show. I don't know what differences, if any, are experienced when going custom from the universal models.

Again those are impressions from memory and with only spending a short time with the Aria. I borrowed the Zeus for a while to do listening with multiple sources. Disclosure: the Zeus was more in-line with my tastes so I do favor it to the Aria, by a large margin at that.

Jack Vang likes this.
  6. esm87
    ok cheers for the insight. Im not at a point where I can articulate audio sound but I know if theres aspects I like to the sound. I do like the Aria but obviously taking into account the cost difference I would expect the zeus to be an upgrade. Im driving towards the capital now so I may pop in and pick up the chord mojo which I can only assume will enhance my Aria even further. If I was to get the zeus it would be custom regardless. I need to get it on a loaner program I think. I can compare and decide if the price would be worthy for the performance to what I have. Cheers for the reply

7. alffla

wow, i'm super jealous. the EE Zeus are probably one of the best IEMs I've heard so far, really powerful and engaging low end without sacrificing any of the other frequencies.

8. james93

Sorry for the late response, thanks for the info but I didn't get the M5 since it didn't hit the lowest price on MD.

I'm still keep my eyes out for something else then

9. SomeWiseGuy
    Hi Jack.

Is there an official name for Zeus-R?
    What does the R stand for? Remastered?

I want to update my audio gear spreadsheet. [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

10. Ethan Groover
    I may be wrong, but I believe that the R stands for Revised.

Empire Ears Stay updated on Empire Ears at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/EmpireEars https://twitter.com/EmpireEars https://www.instagram.com/empireears/ http://www.empireears.com/
  11. moedawg140 Contributor

R = Remastered. [​IMG]

Ethan Groover likes this.
  12. ejong7
    Back from Empire at Buford......what a trip man. Totally worth making plans just to go there for the day to spend some time with the team, who all were truly welcoming. Thanks again @Jack Vang for not only picking me up at the airport, accommodating me but also sending me to my next destination.

Now......well just a little tease I guess.

20160705_134947.jpg

P.S. Jack was totally alright with me posting this. I will not die in the event of the tease.

shotgunshane, Cagin and Spamateur like this.
  13. Spamateur

NICE! Just in town on a layover? Can't say enough good things about Jack & Co.

14. AxelCloris Administrator

One does not die from broken legs. :wink:

15. Kerouac

Haha...looking forward to that ''Hey, I found a blooded horses head between the sheets when I woke up this morning'' post [​IMG]

First

Back
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
Next

Last