1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. SBranson
    I've never been much of an EQ guy but I did play a bit with it last night but mostly big adjustments as more a fact finding endeavour.
    I'll probably try again tonight but the EQ on the M11 doesn't seem that good.
    I'll likely be changing DAPs soon though so maybe there will be some positives from that.

2. Giullian
    Get use withi it standard sound, understand a bit more it's uniqueness for now. A good eq capable dap helps a lot too.

SBranson likes this.
  3. olddude
    Ultimate Ears did both a physical mold and later a digital scan on my ears. I didn't find much of a difference, though the scan is certainly less invasive than having a plug of cotton attached to a string shoved in your ear and then having the ear filled up with goo and waiting until it hardens.

Rozeqloud likes this.
  4. cr3ativ3
    LX pairs awesome with cowon PL . ( it has a very good EQ too , but for me no need for eq with this pair up )

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    SBranson likes this.
  5. Deezel177
    Again, though, that’s more so because of a difference in trimming techniques. 64 Audio tend to shave very little off of the original impression for a tighter, more secure fit. On the other hand, EE tend to shave off quite a bit (especially along the cymba) for a more relaxed fit.

6. fsi22
    _9190394.jpg _9190404.jpg

Just picked up a Valkyrie, spent a few hours auditioning these against a slew of other iem I was interested in. 64 Audio Trio, N8, Noble Khan, Legend X. Came away very impressed overall.

Impressed enough that I bought them. Sound signature that's right up my alley.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Vitaly2017, Aslshark, Owludio and 4 others like this.
  7. Tyven
    Just purchased a Legend X from the classifieds, it will arrive next week :)

In the mean time, I'm wondering if anyone has any good budget cable recommendations to increase treble sparkle? Ideally while retaining the natural mids and not losing too much bass, though a little tightening of the bass won't hurt. The EA stuff is just too much for me to spend on a cable, so looking for some cheaper options.

SBranson and Devon Higgins like this.
  8. Deezel177
    I'd recommend PlusSound's Exo Silver+Gold.

SBranson and Tyven like this.
  9. SBranson
    My LX came with the PlusSound Silver/Gold cable and in some ways I prefer it to my expensive Eros II 8 wire.. It's a good match in my opinion.

Tyven likes this.
  10. Tyven
    How would you describe what it does to the sound signature?

11. Deezel177
    Owludio and Tyven like this.
  12. Devon Higgins
    We actually have a team member that used to do the scans for an Ultimate Ears dealer and he much prefers the silicone impression for accuracy and ease. Apparently, the UE technology can be a bit more temperamental and is more likely to have errors in the scans compared to physical. But we are working hard in R&D to offer 3D printing to make Empire more accessible to everyone.

Love these pics! Would you mind if we reposted on our socials? If so, PM me if you want a tag/credit more specific than your Head-fi username :)

Empire Ears Stay updated on Empire Ears at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/EmpireEars https://twitter.com/EmpireEars https://www.instagram.com/empireears/ http://www.empireears.com/
  13. CANiSLAYu
    My Empire Ears/Effect Audio/Astell&Kern fanboy transformation is complete.

EE Legend X + EA Ares II 8 wire
    EE Phantom + EA Eros II 8 wire
    EE Valkyrie + EA Eros II 4 wire
    A&K KANN CUBE for home and SR15 for travel.

I am content. For now :ksc75smile:

3435BED5-187D-4A58-9B92-981A77027828.jpeg

14. mr.karmalicious
    Try a silver cable; they're brighter. :wink:

Edit: seriously, though, if the suggested cable ($300, "budget") does actually have gold added to the silver, that lowers the conductivity.

on another note, i'm thinking of getting this... pretty stuff.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    SBranson likes this.
  15. gazzington
    That's awesome. How do the Valkyrie compare to legend X?