Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 14, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #19,591 of 40,538
Sep 14, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #19,593 of 40,538
Just got my Valkyries. I think they are very different in terms of tone from the Legend X. Everything sounds a bit compressed and not as big sounding. The E-stats make them sound brighter and that's obvious from the graphs, to my tastes I wish it were a tad smoother but I think I can get used to it. They are much lighter than the X and I don't know what kind of material they used for either IEM but the Valkyrie feels softer.

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #19,594 of 40,538
Go custom if universals are anathema to your years. If you can go to CanJam to demo, definitely. I actually went to my audiologist here to get custom tips made last year by Emsee Labs, but they said the EE tips had no lip so it was impossible to do.

I emailed SoundMolds about it, and he said that without the lip, the iems wouldn't stay in. Is there some reason why EE doesn't use a lip on their nozzles?

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #19,595 of 40,538
I emailed SoundMolds about it, and he said that without the lip, the iems wouldn't stay in. Is there some reason why EE doesn't use a lip on their nozzles?
I'm actually not sure. But even with a lip is not a guarantee that custom tips will work. The width and length of the bore is also an issue, I had the 1More Quad Drivers and Emsee couldn't make tips for that either.

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #19,596 of 40,538
I'm actually not sure. But even with a lip is not a guarantee that custom tips will work. The width and length of the bore is also an issue, I had the 1More Quad Drivers and Emsee couldn't make tips for that either.

Think someone on here mentioned Perfect seal might be able to help? I've had custom tips come off universals with lips, so it's not fool proof anyway.

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #19,597 of 40,538
Anyone have a good idea for a 4.4mm Female to 2.5mm Male Balanced Adapter? I have the Eros II 8 wire in 4.4 but am thinking of replacing my M11.
Doesn't seem to make sense to use such a nice cable but but possibly constrain it with a $20 Fiio adapter..
PlusSound can make virtually any adapter, including 4.4mm to 2.5mm balanced, and in a variety of configurations...
http://plussoundaudio.com/customcables/interconnect.html (you can select custom options in each case)

Sep 14, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #19,598 of 40,538
As far as the tips falling off and a lip,... I had trouble with the Final E types just popping off and wouldn't stay at all and someone suggested the following... which worked very well.

I took the adapter from the SpinFit CP240, cut it in half and when put on creates a "lip". It makes putting the tips on pretty tough but they certainly stay put. It may not work if you have tiny ear holes but whereas I wear the largest size tips, it works great.
61wfMXPM5dL._SX425_.jpg

PlusSound can make virtually any adapter, including 4.4mm to 2.5mm balanced, and in a variety of configurations...
http://plussoundaudio.com/customcables/interconnect.html (you can select custom options in each case)

Thanks.. I've already emailed Effect Audio as I know they include the pig tails with some of their pricier cables and make the adapters the 2.5 to 4.4 direction but I will look at Plussound too.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #19,600 of 40,538
Anyone have a good idea for a 4.4mm Female to 2.5mm Male Balanced Adapter? I have the Eros II 8 wire in 4.4 but am thinking of replacing my M11.
Doesn't seem to make sense to use such a nice cable but but possibly constrain it with a $20 Fiio adapter..

I got custom made from Triton Audio Cables.

83C953C6-5493-49F4-8199-5A192F7D515E.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #19,601 of 40,538
Just got my Valkyries. I think they are very different in terms of tone from the Legend X. Everything sounds a bit compressed and not as big sounding. The E-stats make them sound brighter and that's obvious from the graphs, to my tastes I wish it were a tad smoother but I think I can get used to it. They are much lighter than the X and I don't know what kind of material they used for either IEM but the Valkyrie feels softer.
The weight is expected. 7 drivers compared to 3. But the compressed is not really common to read around. :)

Would like to try the Wraith and Valkyrie.

Sep 14, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #19,602 of 40,538
Think someone on here mentioned Perfect seal might be able to help? I've had custom tips come off universals with lips, so it's not fool proof anyway.

I've emailed them before wanting to make custom sleeves for my Hermes and they came back saying that they can't do it because of the lack of a lip as well.

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #19,603 of 40,538

Try Triton Audio, David is pretty responsive and his cost/quality ratio is really good

Thanks.. I've already emailed Effect Audio as I know they include the pig tails with some of their pricier cables and make the adapters the 2.5 to 4.4 direction but I will look at Plussound too.

EA would be your best bet if you're worried about the pigtail tweaking the sound, since it is one of their cables. Both EA and Plussound will have vary costs depending on the cable for the pigtail.

Personally I just get a third party to make it.

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #19,604 of 40,538
Sep 15, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #19,605 of 40,538
The weight is expected. 7 drivers compared to 3. But the compressed is not really common to read around. :)

Would like to try the Wraith and Valkyrie.
There’s just not a whole lot of air and openness between the instruments and placement feels kind of off. I don’t even think it’s fair to compare these to the Legend X at all imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back