EMP and Space Needle Pics...
Jul 22, 2005 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Xanadu777

Member of the Trade: Headphile
Headphone Modder Extraordinaire
I took a very rare day off yesterday to take a trip from the foothills into Seattle Center area (about 35-40 miles for me). There are many things to do in Seattle and some of them I hadn't done in ages. Went with my daughter and nephew on a beautiful day here. We went up the Space Needle, on the MonoRail, Fun Forest, Laser Light Beatles among other things with plenty of food and even sno-cones!

My daughter thought it would be cute to give the Needle a tug...

spc1.jpg

Course I had to straighten it back up.

spc.jpg

Went up the Space Needle and here my daughter checks out something through a telescope. You can walk the circle all the way around and the view changes quite a bit. It's really pretty spectacular on a nice day.

obv.jpg

Here we watch a cruise ship leave for Canada or Alaska.

obv1.jpg

While we did a bunch of other activities while we were there, we had planned on touring The Experience Music Project (EMP) which is an awesome and very intense and unique set of buildings. MSN billionaire Paul Allen put this gem together, like a hands on music encounter with memorabilia and fabulous design of the inside and outside of the buildings. It's just plain crazy to see how insane it must have been to build them. I did see it during construction and wasn't the only one to think it was one weird project. I'll have to say it really turned out like something else, haha, in a good way
biggrin.gif

emp.jpg

This particular wall is made of some sort of bronze (or something) panels and looks incredible with light, changing as you move. Other parts of the building are Stainless, Red, Blue and other colors and odd shapes.

emp1.jpg

Since the place closed in just over an hour, we only went to the outer free exhibits till we can make it down again for a day next month. Even so, the lobby is absolutely fantastic. You can't take pics inside or else I would have. On display in the free area were famous costumes, most music related in fine glass cases. Among a few I can remember, a late 60's Hendrix paisley get up, three Kiss outfits, Patsy Cline dress, Michael Jackson Billy Jean video glove and vest, Notorius Big suit (and it was BIG), and another 30-40 similar items. Definitely an all day trip is in order for the full walk through.

Back to work today, but sure was a fun day yesterday! I guess work is fun for the most part too
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 3
Thanks for kindling my desire to move back to Seattle once again. Every time I see pictures I remember how good a place it is to live. I grew up on Bainbridge and each move seems to take me further away.

Jul 22, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 3
After the flurry of work I know you've done the last few weeks
wink.gif
, you certainly deserve some time off, Larry. And thanks again for your incredible work on my new HP3000s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back