Emmeline "The Shadow"
Jul 10, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #76 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now it is clearly that the sound of Shadow is mostly based on the characteristics of the op-amp used. Am I correct?
smily_headphones1.gif

That is exactly what Ray told me in a phone call a little while ago.

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #78 of 999
Hope I don't miss the pre-order period!

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #79 of 999
My cupidity asks if there is a bundle discount to order both Shadow and P-51 together.
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #80 of 999
Oh Ray,
I keep waiting for the sale of the shadow.
However, I am tired to the waited thing recently.
The way things are going, "Karoushi" will be done.
Please put the shadow on the market early.
Thank you very much.
atsmile.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #84 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by fengtard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ray,
since it charges through USB, how long would it take to fully charge the Shadow?

thanks!

The Shadow comes with universal adaptor charger with USB plug at it's end. You can also charge it from PC USB if you happened to have forgoten the Charger. As to the charging time, the new Shadow has a charging circuitry built on the Shadow's PC brd. Once fully charged the RED LED will turn off indicating that the battery is charged.
With the Adaptor, the charging time is around 2.5 hours, due to 1 amp current output of the adaptor.
With the computer's USB, charging time is around 3 hours.
The Play back time is 6-7 days at 8 hours per day from a single charge.
Ray Samuels

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #85 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please for the love of god make this affordable!
biggrin.gif

x2

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #86 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Shadow comes with universal adaptor charger with USB plug at it's end. You can also charge it from PC USB if you happened to have forgoten the Charger. As to the charging time, the new Shadow has a charging circuitry built on the Shadow's PC brd. Once fully charged the RED LED will turn off indicating that the battery is charged.
With the Adaptor, the charging time is around 2.5 hours, due to 1 amp current output of the adaptor.
With the computer's USB, charging time is around 3 hours.
The Play back time is 6-7 days at 8 hours per day from a single charge.
Ray Samuels

Excellent and promising info. Thanks Ray.

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #87 of 999
Yep - I told myself that when I bought my ES3x, that was my last audio purchase for a year. HA - right.
I am definitely getting in on the first order of these guys.

Ray - looks awesome, please keep up the good work (and please release the shadow quickly and at an affordable price!
smily_headphones1.gif
)

offtopic - its amazing how much my perception of "affordable" has changed since joining head-fi.
"Sorry about your wallet" rings true, but "sorry about your credit score" might be more accurate....

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #88 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by ac!d-rxn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
offtopic - its amazing how much my perception of "affordable" has changed since joining head-fi.
"Sorry about your wallet" rings true, but "sorry about your credit score" might be more accurate....

x2. Well put!

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #89 of 999
Ray,

Hi. Could I ask you to clarify when you say that the soundstage is more "focused" on the Shadow than the P51. Did you mean clearer imaging, less width dispersion, or both? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back