Embracing the Community: Mike Dias is now Sales Director for Ultimate Ears
Feb 6, 2014 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26
I'm horrible with time but I feel like I've been a part of this community for at least 8 years. Maybe longer, it's hard to say. I've watched the site grow. I've watched the meets grow (I remember running into Ray at a local meet when he was first starting out so it must have been awhile ago:) And I've watched the industry grow. Turns out that our little hobby isn't so little nowadays. It's wild to look back and to think about what we've all been a part of. 

Over the years, I've developed fantastic friendships and I look forward to each and every meet that I'm lucky enough to attend. I try to share relevant industry knowledge. I helped put together that great community video where Jude talks about how the site connects us all. And I like to think that I contribute with my music features. I feel very much at home here on Head-Fi. So comfortable in fact that I wanted to personally reach out to everyone and share 2 great bits of personal news. 

This weekend, I'll be giving a lecture on hearing health conservation and in-ear monitors at TourLink. This is a huge deal for me. TourLink is the only backline and touring professional industry conference and it's where the concert industry gives out the annual Top Dog Awards. This is our version of The Grammy's. Well, at least The Grammy's for all the people behind the scenes. (The heroes that do it night after night to make the magic happen.) And while I'm certainly not up for any award, being asked to speak at an event like this sure feels like winning the top-honors. Not only that, but a lot of my friends from the industry are nominated for the awards and I'm thrilled to be there to celebrate with them. It just goes to show you when you're in it together, everyone rises up over time. To me, this is quite a parallel to what I see in our community.

The second thing that I wanted to share is that as of last Monday, I took over as Sales Director for Ultimate Ears. I have some pretty big shoes to fill from my predecessors and I'm grateful that they built such an amazing team for me to work with. Truth be told, I'm feeling like one of the luckiest people on the planet right about now. I have a beautiful happy family, I have great friends, and I have a music lover's dream job. The only thing that makes all of this even sweeter is that I know that I can do a lot more with UE and Head-Fi and that makes me very happy indeed. So with that, here's to a fantastic 2014 and here's to UE being even more involved on the boards. 

If there's ever anything that I can do for anyone, I'm a PM away but it's easier to shoot me a quick email at mdias@logitech.com  Please let me know how we can do better and how we can take care of you. 

Thanks to everyone who's ever read any of my threads and to all of you who have always been there for me over the years. Much appreciated.

Mike

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 26
Congratulations to you, Mike! 
ksc75smile.gif

I was SO happy when I heard this news.  You're the best person that we could hope to have here.

(I know.  Behind the scenes, Mike has been helping me help everyone here.  This is a perfect time to share that with the community.)

Mike really cares about people, music, and the industry.  

This can only mean great things for us.  And UE.

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 26
Congratulations Mike!

Great to hear the good news for one of the special persons I have had the pleasure of meeting through Head-Fi.
Always cool to hang out with.

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 26
Congratulations Mike! 
smile.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 26
  Congratulations to you, Mike! 
ksc75smile.gif

I was SO happy when I heard this news.  You're the best person that we could hope to have here.

(I know.  Behind the scenes, Mike has been helping me help everyone here.  This is a perfect time to share that with the community.)

Mike really cares about people, music, and the industry.  

This can only mean great things for us.  And UE.

Ditto, CEE TEE. Nicely said, man.

Some years ago, Mike and I had a project we were working on, so he showed up at my front door without a return ticket. During the time he was here, we worked, listened to music, worked, watched Once, worked, watched a lot of Bob Ross, and worked some more. Through it all, and over the many years I've now known him, I realized what a good, hard-working man Mike Dias is, and how passionate he is about music, the Head-Fi community, and UE.

Ultimate Ears is the better for having Mike as their new Sales Director, and so is our community. Having a dedicated community member and music lover in such a position, with such a company, is definitely a very good thing for our community.

Congratulations to Mike and UE for this!

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 26
Congratulations Mike!!!

You've been at this a long time and it's nice to see you succeed at something you love!

Best wishes for the future.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #11 of 26
Congrats Mike!

You've shared some awesome albums here on head fi! And with what I've seen of your passion for music I'm pretty sure you'll do just fine in your new job! 

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #12 of 26
  Congrats Mike! I'll miss your music features (I assume you won't have time to keep up with those), thanks for all your work on those. 

Of course I'll keep up with the music features! That's my favorite pass time. I'm wrapping up the details on two at the moment actually. One is on the sound engineer for Justin Vernon (Bon Iver, Volcano Choir, the Shouting Matches, etc..) and the other showcases the solo works of Roger O'Donnell, the keyboardist from The Cure. Sorry but you guys are stuck with these features for a long time. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #14 of 26
Congrats Mike!

I'm glad to have met you last year at the NY meet and I hope you will be able it to the next meet in April.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back