Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Jul 20, 2021 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 656

Emerald Core

100+ Head-Fier
D72D297A-C4C9-489C-9D31-3BB3C0E3D590.jpeg
B75BC4BA-A130-4F0E-8985-BEF3148BD40E.jpeg

36C8BA24-2104-4C6B-80F3-689FC001F821.jpeg

8A599E65-B0F2-4179-B631-868EE59B985C.jpeg

Initial Impression from the manufacturer compared to Elysian Annihilator (previous flagship) :

Annihilator is our old flagship. 1 Foster dynamic driver, 4 BA, and 2 EST drivers. X is our new flagship which consists of 1 Foster dynamic driver, 4 BA, and 4 EST drivers. X tuning is slightly different compared with Annihilator. X bass is focused more on Sub-bass Annihilator on mid-bass. X have more lower mids and less upper mids compared to Annihilator. X high frequency is a bit more refined compared to Annihilator but still maintaining the extension like Annihilator. Overall X have better depth and height compared to Annihilator while maintaining the same soundstage width. X will come with Liquid Links Venom which is a new flagship cable. Annihilator will come with Liquid Links Martini cable.

Update from the creator Mr. Lee
X has better depth and height, more or less same width. X has better mids, and more refine high frequency. Both are a bit difficult to drive, but modern DAP should sound just fine.

Best pairing Lee had was with DMP-Z1. The iem demands a bit of power to drive.

For Annihilator, lower mids a bit recessed and upper mids a bit boosted. Which makes it sound like a V-shaped tuning but not V at the same time due to female vocals being forward but all the instruments enveloping around the singer. More like "on the stage" feeling instead of in front of the stage like most iem. X is also similar on this tuning methodology, but has more lower mids and less higher mids. Vocals are thicker and have more authority compared to Annihilator which in terms sounded more natural and lively. X's high frequency will have more timbre compared to Annihilator and have a bit more decay which will sound smoother. Details retrieval are retained. Both are very well extended. Based on my own evaluation, I think even our Terminator 2 will give Traillii a tough fight. I might be bias, but on measurement alone, it's superior.

Attachments

• 91996566-2AA8-4515-A266-FAF6F39F7BE0.jpeg
    91996566-2AA8-4515-A266-FAF6F39F7BE0.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 656
You can contact the guy directly. No need for distributor.

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 656
Yes, you can just Facebook message to order a multi thousand dollar IEM about which very little tangible info exists :p

Tongue-in-cheek but a sprinkle of truth. I am curious as to how these sound and compare to other flagships, but approach with a bucket of salt any company, no matter how “boutique”, that can craft world class IEMs but not establish a simple web presence and quasi-professional contact mechanism.

Note - the above shortcomings have nothing to do with the build or sound. Will await those as souls braver than I start receiving their orders.

Jul 22, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 656
While Elysian might seem sketchy (incomplete website, missing email etc), for someone from the US having ordered a custom Annihilator I can assure anyone interested the owner is a delight to work with.

As a matter of fact the description from the OP above is actually a reply back from MY inquiry for the owner, and the reason why he is replying back in respective to the Annihilator is because I placed my order (CIEM) with him last October and received this February so he is giving me his tuning opinions using the Annihilator as a direct comparison.

From my experience the best way to contact him is thru Twitter DM...my original FB message to him went unread for 2 weeks before I reached out via Twitter and got a response back immediately.

For someone that has had the pleasure and budget of having went thru 20+ IEMs (inc Z1R, J12U, and some even more obscure stuff) the Annihilator is exactly as all of the well known reviewers opinions. If the X is described correctly by the owner then it could be the end game IEM for most with an eye watering pricetag of $4500.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 656
The same reason I am holding my horses with a mid tier iem until early reviews arrive.
This should be the totl of 2021 or otherwise it might be the upcoming flagship of VE.

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 656
Agreed, really like to see Crin or others besides BGGA review of the X...that price tag is far too expensive to be a blind purchase, but if the tuning changes is what Mr Lee says it is I'll bite....again.

Jul 22, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #9 of 656
While Elysian might seem sketchy (incomplete website, missing email etc), for someone from the US having ordered a custom Annihilator I can assure anyone interested the owner is a delight to work with.
Not saying they are sketchy, but for someone like myself who is interested but doesn't use social media accounts there's literally no way to get in touch...

This should be the totl of 2021 or otherwise it might be the upcoming flagship of VE.
There's word on VE releasing a new flagship this year?

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #11 of 656
The only ones I saw were universal. You can contact them on Facebook for custom confirmation.

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #13 of 656
Update :
X has better depth and height, more or less same width. X has better mids, and more refine high frequency. Both are a bit difficult to drive, but modern DAP should sound just fine.

For Annihilator, lower mids a bit recessed and upper mids a bit boosted. Which makes it sound like a V-shaped tuning but not V at the same time due to female vocals being forward but all the instruments enveloping around the singer. More like "on the stage" feeling instead of in front of the stage like most iem. X is also similar on this tuning methodology, but has more lower mids and less higher mids. Vocals are thicker and have more authority compared to Annihilator which in terms sounded more natural and lively. X's high frequency will have more timbre compared to Annihilator and have a bit more decay which will sound smoother. Details retrieval are retained. Both are very well extended. Based on my own evaluation, I think even our Terminator 2 will give Traillii a tough fight. I might be bias, but on measurement alone, it's superior.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #14 of 656
Update :

Are these your own thoughts? Do you have the X in your possession? What is your relationship with Elysian?

-Collin-

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #15 of 656
Are these your own thoughts? Do you have the X in your possession? What is your relationship with Elysian?

-Collin-
These are the words of Lee , the guy who makes these iems. I have no relationship, I am keeping this thread updated with any new information until reviews come out.

why? I am hyped for this new product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back