Eleven Audio XIAUDIO Formula S Headphone Amplifier
Apr 7, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #136 of 664
The Formula S also drives Diana V2 nicely. Pairing with the Formula S, V2 has a better vocal than the 1266 TC.
Yes, it does. My Diana V2's are still breaking in along with the Superconductor cable. The pairing is silky smooth with outstanding tonality. The Diana V2's are the perfect complement to the TC's and Susvara's.

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #138 of 664
This thread deserves some internal pics...
Interior.jpg
Credit to the original owner of the pics, grabbed from the net.
Anyone have pics of the inside of the Powerman?
My Formula S looks much differently than this one on the inside. I had to take a internal pic yesterday for Abyss. I’m left with the impression that there has been a revision of some sort since the newer model Powerman’s aren’t compatible with older model Formula S’s. This is what my Formula S looks like internally. It’s much more complex:

2DFB9F01-F3BA-4815-A451-0B281C6E4444.jpeg

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #139 of 664
My Formula S looks much differently than this one on the inside. I had to take a internal pic yesterday for Abyss. I’m left with the impression that there has been a revision of some sort since the newer model Powerman’s aren’t compatible with older model Formula S’s. This is what my Formula S looks like internally. It’s much more complex:

2DFB9F01-F3BA-4815-A451-0B281C6E4444.jpeg
Probably the sound is different as well.

Apr 9, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #140 of 664
Probably the sound is different as well.
It's hard to say, but my unit sounds great! I just picked up a Luxman P-750u to replace the V281 I sold. Now I have arguably two of the best dedicated headphone amps out to my ears :)

Apr 10, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #142 of 664
Significantly different from the previous. Looks like a better organized board making the original look like a prototype. Hopefully the manufacturer can share what happened there with more than just flowery words.
I’m waiting on an answer to that exact question. When I hook up my new Powerman it faults out my Formula S. So it’s definitely hindering me from enjoying this combo in all its glory. I should have an answer soon.

Apr 10, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #144 of 664
How is the Luxman P-750u compared to Formula S?
The Luxman sounds bigger, bolder, and more full-bodied than the Formula S. The bass is deeper and the midrange has more body which is perfect for my Abyss TC’s and HD800S’s. The Luxman has more warmth but it’s just as resolving and detailed as the Formula S. Both amps throw a wide soundstage, but the Luxman has more depth and sounds bit more spacious. Treble is outstanding on both, but the Luxman sounds more nuanced and has slightly better imaging.

The Formula S is more neutral sounding and lacks a bit of weight to its sound in comparison. The Luxman just sounds more powerful, more musical, has amazing tonality, timbre and P.R.A.T. It’s also built like a tank and the sound matches it’s build quality. They offer two different listening experiences and I appreciate both of them for their great sound reproduction. I feel lucky to have these two amps as options. Both are more than worthy of ownership and you really can’t go wrong with either. The Powerman does bring the Formula S’s sound level up a few notches. The Luxman still edges it out in overall sound quality to my ears. It suits my preferred sound signature and works better with a wider range of music genres and headphones :).

Apr 10, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #145 of 664
The Luxman sounds bigger, bolder, and more full-bodied than the Formula S. The bass is deeper and the midrange has more body which is perfect for my Abyss TC’s and HD800S’s. The Luxman has more warmth but it’s just as resolving and detailed as the Formula S. Both amps throw a wide soundstage, but the Luxman has more depth and sounds bit more spacious. Treble is outstanding on both, but the Luxman sounds more nuanced and has slightly better imaging.

The Formula S is more neutral sounding and lacks a bit of weight to its sound in comparison. The Luxman just sounds more powerful, more musical, has amazing tonality, timbre and P.R.A.T. It’s also built like a tank and the sound matches it’s build quality. They offer two different listening experiences and I appreciate both of them for their great sound reproduction. I feel lucky to have these two amps as options. Both are more than worthy of ownership and you really can’t go wrong with either. The Powerman does bring the Formula S’s sound level up a few notches. The Luxman still edges it out in overall sound quality to my ears. It suits my preferred sound signature and works better with a wider range of music genres and headphones :).
Luxman sounds great. I'm currently saving for the formula s and powerman and after that will venture out and maybe try a few other different amps but want to hear the eleven audio first before everything else. Will add the luxman to wants list

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #146 of 664
Luxman sounds great. In currently saving for the formula s and powerman and after that will venture out and maybe try a few other different amps but want to hear the eleven audio first before everything else. Will add the luxman to wants list
The Formula S/Powerman is solid. I'd be hard pressed to find any faults with the combo. The Luxman is just a different take on sound. It's only when you hear them back to back with each other that you begin to discern their different takes on music reproduction. Neither amp is going anywhere.

Apr 10, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #147 of 664
The Formula S/Powerman is solid. I'd be hard pressed to find any faults with the combo. The Luxman is just a different take on sound. It's only when you hear them back to back with each other that you begin to discern their different takes on music reproduction. Neither amp is going anywhere.
Excellent to hear :L3000:

Apr 10, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #148 of 664
I’m waiting on an answer to that exact question. When I hook up my new Powerman it faults out my Formula S. So it’s definitely hindering me from enjoying this combo in all its glory. I should have an answer soon.
obviously there is something wrong with either the formula s or the powerman

Apr 10, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #149 of 664
obviously there is something wrong with either the formula s or the powerman
Yes, they think the issue is with my Formula S. They've sent out two different Powerman's and both behaved the same way, by faulting out the Formula S. Abyss is in talks with XI Audio now on how to proceed with repairs. The reason they had me take a picture of the internals is XI Audio wanted to have a look at the PCB board in my Formula S.

Apr 10, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #150 of 664
I have literally never had an issue of any kind with my pairing...worked perfectly from day one so I hope they find the issue....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back