Eleven Audio XIAUDIO Formula S Headphone Amplifier
Mar 29, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #61 of 673
This thread deserves some internal pics...
Interior.jpg

Credit to the original owner of the pics, grabbed from the net.
Anyone have pics of the inside of the Powerman?

Mar 29, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #62 of 673
Yep, here’s the Powerman. I took one when I was troubleshooting my issue

D1FFC8EB-AB85-4226-B62C-EFFBAB833C81.jpeg

Mar 29, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #64 of 673
Seems to be that way, they both have the same footprint and the umbilical is easiest to connect when stacked, which is the way I've placed mine since I bought them.

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #65 of 673
I was surprised with how few components are in it, so the size of the box was chosen for stacking purposes?
That and the size of the caps played a part in it as well.

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #66 of 673
Insides looks pretty underwhelming to be honest lmao

The sound is what matters though :L3000:

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #67 of 673
True. It has sounded exceptional with every HP I've tried it with.

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #68 of 673
Insides looks pretty underwhelming to be honest lmao

The sound is what matters though :L3000:
There definitely isn't much there to the Formula S and Powerman internally. Compared to the internals of my old Violectric V281 and even my FA-10 I amazed that it best both of them fairly easily in sound quality.

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #69 of 673
obviously a busy box internally is not the key to a great sounding amp

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #70 of 673
obviously a busy box internally is not the key to a great sounding amp
Agreed. Its not gonna put me off. I'm currently saving for this combo :beerchug:

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #71 of 673
I feel like they could've fit the big torroid and the Powerman power supply board into the Formula S case with so much space in it and the asking price of $3,500 would make more sense. They obviously know we can't help ourselves when it comes to upgrades. :D

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #72 of 673
separates tend to work better...fewer compromises...I highly doubt they could have produced the same product..kind of like saying the chird dave could incorporate the m-scaler without any compromise....

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #73 of 673
I feel like they could've fit the big torroid and the Powerman power supply board into the Formula S case with so much space in it and the asking price of $3,500 would make more sense. They obviously know we can't help ourselves when it comes to upgrades. :D
It would be nice if they can have Formula S V2 that combines the Formula and Powerman.

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #74 of 673
As I'll be receiving the 1266 TC pretty soon, I'm obviously watching this amp and this thread. For now and through the remainder of the year, I'll see how the TC shakes out with the TT2 (SE and XLRs in the rear) as well as the TToby's speaker taps. I would really want to try this FS/P combo and compare to the TT2/TToby setup before coming to a conclusion. Early next year, my budget will be freed up enough to consider the FS/P but it would need to be a major upgrade in sound over TT2/TToby that I hear myself. The price is kinda high. For this price, I can get the ZMF VC along with the A&S Mogwai SE tube amp and still have some change left over. It would have to be one or the other. Ah, decisions, decisions, but that will have to wait. I am, of course, very interested in getting the maximum performance out of the 1266 TC.

Mar 29, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #75 of 673
separates tend to work better...fewer compromises...I highly doubt they could have produced the same product..kind of like saying the chird dave could incorporate the m-scaler without any compromise....
I don't think it's the correct comparison as the Dave and the Scaler are two different products just as separates tend to be two complimentary but unique products as well like a pre-amp and a power amp, whereas the Powerman is a power supply upgrade. I'd agree though that separating the power supply will have its benefits, just saying the powerman would've fit the Formula S case and asking price to begin with in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back