Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Nov 19, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #4,217 of 5,531
IMG_20221111_085301.jpgIMG_20221111_085216.jpg

Visited Eric's a few days back for a chat and listened to some of his secret prototypes as well as the Socrates 8 prototype. Very kind of him to let me bring it back for a day to give it a good listen as I was late for an appointment by the time i could listen to Socrates 8.

Super excited as I can finally compare the Socrates 8 with the OtL. I will leave the deets till its release hah! According to Eric, this version is the final tuning but i'm not sure if Eric will do any further tweaking but imo, the current version is already bringing things up a notch from the 4-wire version 🤭

Eric is still very secretive about the final design of the Socrates 8 when I asked but I do hope he kinda retains the design looks that the current Socrates 8 has. Looking forward!

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #4,218 of 5,531

Visited Eric's a few days back for a chat and listened to some of his secret prototypes as well as the Socrates 8 prototype. Very kind of him to let me bring it back for a day to give it a good listen as I was late for an appointment by the time i could listen to Socrates 8.

Super excited as I can finally compare the Socrates 8 with the OtL. I will leave the deets till its release hah! According to Eric, this version is the final tuning but i'm not sure if Eric will do any further tweaking but imo, the current version is already bringing things up a notch from the 4-wire version 🤭

Eric is still very secretive about the final design of the Socrates 8 when I asked but I do hope he kinda retains the design looks that the current Socrates 8 has. Looking forward!
But you can understand why I am waiting with bated breathe for the Socrates 8? :) I suspect @metaljem77 will love it too

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #4,219 of 5,531
But you can understand why I am waiting with bated breathe for the Socrates 8? :) I suspect @metaljem77 will love it too
I’ve already reserved one 🤭 whatever the outcome / final tuning 🥳

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #4,221 of 5,531
Nov 19, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #4,222 of 5,531
Heheh! Me too! 🙌 I was so excited after I had heard the prototype. :)
Will you be attending SG CJ next year? Some of us plan to meet up and Eric suggested lunch :wink:

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #4,224 of 5,531
Is it just me getting a dèja vù of some kinda cake or so?

drftr
Prototypes of the final version are out for review. Watch this space.

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #4,225 of 5,531
Is it just me getting a dèja vù of some kinda cake or so?

drftr
Hahaha yeah, I think I’ll bring Chalkfarm’s cherry roll, I don’t anyone who doesn’t like it :)

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #4,227 of 5,531
I’ve already reserved one 🤭 whatever the outcome / final tuning 🥳
Heheh! Me too! 🙌 I was so excited after I had heard the prototype. :)
Literally told Eric to put me after the two of you on that list. Because I definitely wasn't getting the first 2 made, I'll settle for the third one.

Prototypes of the final version are out for review. Watch this space.
My first response to Eric after hearing the protype "How much, when"

Given the expected cost (roughly) It's a contender in the segement, for sure.

The Soc8 was originally planned for the Odin, and I had bought the LL Venom as a temporary measure until it came out. I no longer have the Odin or Venom, but I have no concern not being to pair it.

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #4,228 of 5,531
I heard what I think was the early prototype so final tuning may be quite different. But I don’t care, I’m all the more excited and wanting to be amazed without any preconceived notions. Perhaps I’ll get 2 muahahaha! 🫢

Nov 20, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #4,229 of 5,531

Users who are viewing this thread

Back