Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jan 12, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #1,126 of 5,531
So, I received my Project 8 Fortitude last night, and first word that comes to mind is, WOW! :ksc75smile:

Let's start with the packaging, which was amazing. The entire package and unboxing experience was a notch above all the other cable companies I have dealt with in the past. I really felt like I was opening a premium custom hand made item. Bravo Eric on the packaging!

Now to the fun part, the cable, and first thing is the build. This cable is braided to perfection. Also, what is really awesome, and really adds to the premium experience, is the fact that the Eletech symbols all line up perfectly to be viewed while wearing the cable. The hardware is stunning, and you can really tell a lot of attention went into building the cable. Looking closely at the wire, you can tell this is some premium copper, as well. The cable is soft and supple as it gets, and there are zero microphonics. I spent as much time looking at the cable last night as I did listening with it. :wink: Once I was done admiring the perfect build quality, I plugged the Project 8 Fortitude up to my Noble K10U. This is the pair of iems, that has been the most challenging to find the perfect cable for, and I have been searching for the past year. I have tried tons of different cables (silver, spc, copper, palladium plated silver etc. . .), from a bunch of big name cable makers, and I was never totally satisfied with any of the pairings. Well, to my surprise the Project 8 Fortitude is the perfect match for my K10U, that I have been looking for all along. :ksc75smile: The bass is tight and deep, the mids came forward and gained more texture, and the highs are smooth and extended but never hard or harsh. The vocals are to die for, and this is the most realistic my K10U have ever sounded. The stage opened up quite a bit, and the imaging got better too. This was everything I wanted with my K10U and more!

All in all, I am so happy with my purchase, and you can consider me a huge fanboy of Eletech. A big thanks to you Eric Chong, for such an amazing product, and buying experience.

Thanks so much for the gorgeous case, too!

Premium hand made products at their finest. :ksc75smile:

20210112_055923.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #1,127 of 5,531
So, I received my Project 8 Fortitude last night, and first word that comes to mind is, WOW! :ksc75smile:

Let's start with the packaging, which was amazing. The entire package and unboxing experience was a notch above all the other cable companies I have dealt with in the past. I really felt like I was opening a premium custom hand made item. Bravo Eric on the packaging!

Now to the fun part, the cable, and first thing is the build. This cable is braided to perfection. Also, what is really awesome, and really adds to the premium experience, is the fact that the Eletech symbols all line up perfectly to be viewed while wearing the cable. The hardware is stunning, and you can really tell a lot of attention went into building the cable. Looking closely at the wire, you can tell this is some premium copper, as well. The cable is soft and supple as it gets, and there are zero microphonics. I spent as much time looking at the cable last night as I did listening with it. :wink: Once I was done admiring the perfect build quality, I plugged the Project 8 Fortitude up to my Noble K10U. This is the pair of iems, that has been the most challenging to find the perfect cable for, and I have been searching for the past year. I have tried tons of different cables (silver, spc, copper, palladium plated silver etc. . .), from a bunch of big name cable makers, and I was never totally satisfied with any of the pairings. Well, to my surprise the Project 8 Fortitude is the perfect match for my K10U, that I have been looking for all along. :ksc75smile: The bass is tight and deep, the mids came forward and gained more texture, and the highs are smooth and extended but never hard or harsh. The vocals are to die for, and this is the most realistic my K10U have ever sounded. The stage opened up quite a bit, and the imaging got better too. This was everything I wanted with my K10U and more!

All in all, I am so happy with my purchase, and you can consider me a huge fanboy of Eletech. A big thanks to you Eric Chong, for such an amazing product, and buying experience.

20210112_055923.jpg
That looks really good. I love the thickness of the cable. The case is nice too.

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #1,128 of 5,531

Woop Woop! Just saw this! Glad you're enjoying the Project 8 ~!! We've also changed the texture and material of the cloth pouch. It used to be more of a linen material but we've swapped it out to a kind of fabric that comes with luxury spectacles :)

Have it run in for a couple more days and you'll discern further differences in texture and sound staging! Enjoy! :D

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jan 13, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #1,129 of 5,531
Woop Woop! Just saw this! Glad you're enjoying the Project 8 ~!! We've also changed the texture and material of the cloth pouch. It used to be more of a linen material but we've swapped it out to a kind of fabric that comes with luxury spectacles :)

Have it run in for a couple more days and you'll discern further differences in texture and sound staging! Enjoy! :D
I am really loving it Eric! I have been burning it in non stop since I got it, and things are getting even better. . . :ksc75smile: Texture, detail and staging is fantastic. :beerchug:

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #1,132 of 5,531
@Eric Chong I have the same question. Is it likely that there will be any more project 8 cables for sale?

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #1,133 of 5,531
I am really loving it Eric! I have been burning it in non stop since I got it, and things are getting even better. . . :ksc75smile: Texture, detail and staging is fantastic. :beerchug:

Happy to hear that ! My team would be psyched to hear that you're enjoying the Project 8 - Fortitude! Thank you for supporting the project without evening listening to it.

** On a side note, i realised you're using the Azla eartips - which i hear many mixed reviews about. How's the longevity of those? Does it get sticky very fast?

Finally received these 2 bad boys 😀

1565EACF-C641-4C10-B385-9188CE5DD3F5.jpegCBA19C46-7549-4FC7-8A74-D8839DD0905C.jpeg

Swag! Can't wait to hear your feedbacks! I have a feeling you'll really love the Project 8 - Prudence :D

Any chance of still purchasing a project 8 cable? I was signed up for mailers but didn't know they were available. :sweat:
@Eric Chong I have the same question. Is it likely that there will be any more project 8 cables for sale?

@masahito24@chart, I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive the mailers! The Mailchimp system has been a little bit cranky as of late with subscribers auto dropping off. We will be migrating our EDM to another platform soon. In the meantime, please subscribe to our Thread here and Facebook for updated news.

Unfortunately the Project 8 are closed right now and we have exhausted all the materials as it was a limited run. Not to worry though, we will try our best to plan for another bout of Project 8 this year perhaps featuring more products :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jan 14, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #1,134 of 5,531
** On a side note, i realised you're using the Azla eartips - which i hear many mixed reviews about. How's the longevity of those? Does it get sticky very fast?

Not sure about the longevity but they're very sticky from the get go.
The material is kind of like those clear PVC tubes but thinner and maybe a lil more flexible.

Jan 14, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #1,135 of 5,531
Not sure about the longevity but they're very sticky from the get go.
The material is kind of like those clear PVC tubes but thinner and maybe a lil more flexible.

Gotcha'. Been hearing about its good SQ and fitting, not sure if i can get used to stickiness (ugh) though.

Jan 14, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #1,136 of 5,531
Gotcha'. Been hearing about its good SQ and fitting, not sure if i can get used to stickiness (ugh) though.

Eric, that is only their Xelastec version which is made intentionally sticky with a body heat activate shape change. All of their other Azla Senda eartips are non sticky, very high quality material. Btw, Azla eartips guy who started the company is one of the co-founders of Astell & Kern.

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #1,137 of 5,531
Eric, that is only their Xelastec version which is made intentionally sticky with a body heat activate shape change. All of their other Azla Senda eartips are non sticky, very high quality material. Btw, Azla eartips guy who started the company is one of the co-founders of Astell & Kern.

Aha i see! I've been getting mixed up on their SKUs. Yeah i've been looking around for tips for the longest time. The industry has kind of shifted from CIEM to UIEM hasn't it?

Indeed, Ashulley used to be from AK and if i recall correctly owns a CIEM store in Gangnam, Korea as well.

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #1,138 of 5,531
Hey, everyone! Recently, Eric kindly loaned me a Prudence cable for my MMR Gae Bolg review, as that's what the IEM was initially tuned with. I found the cable brought far more to the monitor than I expected (assumedly because of the quality of the GB's generic cable more than anything, to be honest, but I digress), and I've outlined them below. Enjoy! :)

Pairing with Eletech's Prudence

Eletech kindly agreed to loan me this Prudence for the purposes of this review, and I’m extremely glad they did, because the difference I’m hearing between is much larger than I expected. The Prudence adds changes that counteract a few of the Gáe Bolg’s distinct flavour; the bold, intimate, meaty sound I’d been describing throughout the review. Much of it has to do with the cable’s upper-bass and lower-midrange dips. It tightens what was once a very loose, rich region and made instruments like toms and trombones a lot more controlled. There’s more bite to its mid-treble too, which adds clarity to snares and cymbals. I’d classify it more as a neutral tone now, so which variant to go for will depend heavily on taste too.

MMR-GaeBolg-04-S.jpg

However, the objective improvement I think the Prudence adds to the mix is space. The image completely opens up with the cable swap, and introduces quite a bit of holography to this IEM as well. Some hard-panned elements, say, on Dimas Pradipta’s 9 Range Road now sit out-of-head. And, there’s a lot more clean air between its notes too. If you can afford it, I personally believe the Complete package is worth that price hike. At the very least, if you already have aftermarket cables in your collection, swap the Gáe Bolg’s stock cable for one immediately. But, if you do prefer the meatier, bolder, warmer sig I’ve been describing throughout the piece and you don’t mind the stage, then you can save some cash on the Lite too.

Jan 15, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #1,139 of 5,531
Hey, everyone! Recently, Eric kindly loaned me a Prudence cable for my MMR Gae Bolg review, as that's what the IEM was initially tuned with. I found the cable brought far more to the monitor than I expected (assumedly because of the quality of the GB's generic cable more than anything, to be honest, but I digress), and I've outlined them below. Enjoy! :)

Pairing with Eletech's Prudence

Eletech kindly agreed to loan me this Prudence for the purposes of this review, and I’m extremely glad they did, because the difference I’m hearing between is much larger than I expected. The Prudence adds changes that counteract a few of the Gáe Bolg’s distinct flavour; the bold, intimate, meaty sound I’d been describing throughout the review. Much of it has to do with the cable’s upper-bass and lower-midrange dips. It tightens what was once a very loose, rich region and made instruments like toms and trombones a lot more controlled. There’s more bite to its mid-treble too, which adds clarity to snares and cymbals. I’d classify it more as a neutral tone now, so which variant to go for will depend heavily on taste too.

MMR-GaeBolg-04-S.jpg

However, the objective improvement I think the Prudence adds to the mix is space. The image completely opens up with the cable swap, and introduces quite a bit of holography to this IEM as well. Some hard-panned elements, say, on Dimas Pradipta’s 9 Range Road now sit out-of-head. And, there’s a lot more clean air between its notes too. If you can afford it, I personally believe the Complete package is worth that price hike. At the very least, if you already have aftermarket cables in your collection, swap the Gáe Bolg’s stock cable for one immediately. But, if you do prefer the meatier, bolder, warmer sig I’ve been describing throughout the piece and you don’t mind the stage, then you can save some cash on the Lite too.
Very nice Daniel, always love the shots you include as well. (Still very jealous. :wink:)

I still have to start working on my Gae Bolg review properly, but will also include the difference between the Lite with stock cable and the Complete with Prudence, as well as a bonus that arrived very recently. Hold on to your hats... [crappy compact camera shot alert! :sweat_smile:]
Project_8.JPG

200.gif

Jan 15, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #1,140 of 5,531
Very nice Daniel, always love the shots you include as well. (Still very jealous. :wink:)

I still have to start working on my Gae Bolg review properly, but will also include the difference between the Lite with stock cable and the Complete with Prudence, as well as a bonus that arrived very recently. Hold on to your hats... [crappy compact camera shot alert! :sweat_smile:]
Project_8.JPG

200.gif

'Much appreciated, my friend! 'Can't wait to read your take on the Gáe Bolg. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back