Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier (Review added)
post-15368491
Post #331 of 331

PaganDL

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I'd rather not risk it.
For my friend, the 6HM5 tubes work very well in Little Dot in the EF95 mode. They have a very good sound.
But EW may have a different design. I would rather try only the EF95 / 6AK5 tubes.

I like the EW sound with JAN 5654 tubes very much with the LCD-3. More than Burson Soloist sound.
But on Soloist is better bass extension, playing deeper. I'll try to find tubes with similar bass to Soloist, if at all possible :)

@kuko61,

The best advice in this hobby is if unsure about something, especially related to electronics & Power, either ask &/or don't try it yourself...

As said, it's more the tube type than the actual EW design.
So, if you feel like changing out tubes, as long as you choose equivalent tubes as outlined in the radiomuseum.org, you should be more than fine.

Bass extension on tubes is tricky & from experience, this tends be more track info than actual headphone or head amp, tube or otherwise itself though the latter two help.
For more full range sound with solid or at least better bass extension than EWM2, certainly less cooler & more versatile to run, you might want to look into the Loxjie P20, it's much easier to get those tube variants though once again, it will also depend on your head gear & how much info is in the bass frequency in a track.

Hope this makes sense.

Hope you have a great day !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)