Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier (Review added)
Oct 29, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #226 of 333
Can someone compare the EW with the Darkvoice 336/se ?

Nov 6, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #227 of 333
Just had a customer and friends come in on saturday from a couple hours away (he was buying one of our Hugo 2's) and he was pretty impressed by the Watson. I then told him the price and he blew up. Its so disappointing to me that more people can't hear what kind of sound you can get for $250.

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #228 of 333
aye, it is :/

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #229 of 333
Just had a customer and friends come in on saturday from a couple hours away (he was buying one of our Hugo 2's) and he was pretty impressed by the Watson. I then told him the price and he blew up. Its so disappointing to me that more people can't hear what kind of sound you can get for $250.
Considering that you work or own a shop, may i suggest you to send an Elemental Watson to Zeos from Z Reviews quite popular the guy on Reddit and Youtube for a review ? I feel that if some serious reviewers will start to review this product then perhaps will become more and more popular.... which will reflect an increase in sells for everyone.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #230 of 333
Considering that you work or own a shop, may i suggest you to send an Elemental Watson to Zeos from Z Reviews quite popular the guy on Reddit and Youtube for a review ? I feel that if some serious reviewers will start to review this product then perhaps will become more and more popular.... which will reflect an increase in sells for everyone.

Zeos knows nothing about Audio, he gets paid to hype up certain products. It would be more beneficial to start a US tour of a unit rather than then one to Zeos.

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #232 of 333
Zeos knows nothing about Audio, he gets paid to hype up certain products. It would be more beneficial to start a US tour of a unit rather than then one to Zeos.
i did get a couple of good suggestions looking to his reviews, maybe is not the best reviewer out there, btw who does better in you're opinion ?

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #233 of 333
i did get a couple of good suggestions looking to his reviews, maybe is not the best reviewer out there, btw who does better in you're opinion ?

There are tons of reviewers out there, Headfonia, Headfonics, Audiophileon, Twister6, Audiophile Heaven, Innerfidelity, The Headphone List, Sound Perfection Reviews.... the list goes on.

All of those I would trust over Zeos.

Nov 14, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #234 of 333
There are tons of reviewers out there, Headfonia, Headfonics, Audiophileon, Twister6, Audiophile Heaven, Innerfidelity, The Headphone List, Sound Perfection Reviews.... the list goes on.

All of those I would trust over Zeos.
And in you're opinion none of this folks here are paid by the industry to talk "schiit" (in order to create hype) to the final consumer as me, you eventally and so on ?

Nov 14, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #235 of 333
And in you're opinion none of this folks here are paid by the industry to talk "schiit" (in order to create hype) to the final consumer as me, you eventally and so on ?

A lot are not paid, only receive samples. Not paid to say something positive to hype up a product like Zeos. But everyone has their own bias, and it's up to you whether you want to trust the reviewers I listed that have lots of experience with products, or Zeos who gets paid $1000's to advertise instead of trying to give an honest opinion :D

Just my personal opinion.

Nov 14, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #236 of 333
A lot are not paid, only receive samples. Not paid to say something positive to hype up a product like Zeos. But everyone has their own bias, and it's up to you whether you want to trust the reviewers I listed that have lots of experience with products, or Zeos who gets paid $1000's to advertise instead of trying to give an honest opinion :D

Just my personal opinion.
and you're free to have any opinion, thx for sharing with us :)

Nov 14, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #237 of 333
I think this is brilliant, and I am going to do one better. Why not do a headfi tour?? I’ll talk to Mark about it (he’s the owner) I am his headfi representative for those that don’t know . Before being his headfi rep I was an avid headfier my self and my personal account is “BunnyNamedFrank”.

I would rather give fellow headfiers the chance to do a review on it and hear it.

Nov 14, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #239 of 333
I think this is brilliant, and I am going to do one better. Why not do a headfi tour?? I’ll talk to Mark about it (he’s the owner) I am his headfi representative for those that don’t know . Before being his headfi rep I was an avid headfier my self and my personal account is “BunnyNamedFrank”.

I would rather give fellow headfiers the chance to do a review on it and hear it.
Boooom, here we go !

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #240 of 333
Well that ended quickly ha. Sorry friends, I just got word that since we are not a sponsor we are not allowed to do a tour of the Watson (or anything for that matter). I am glad that I asked before I just started taking names!

It was worth trying! This information did lead me and Mark to talking about other options for us in regards to our customers though. So thank you to @grig for getting our brain juices flowing.

And also- if you guys get the chance to hear the Watson I reccomend it. For the price it’s impressive (and deceiving to boot!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back