Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier (Review added)
Apr 30, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #181 of 333
There's anyone here that has an smsl dac paired with the watson ? I'm looking forward to buy one like sanskrit 6th gen, m6, Sanskrit pro B, m8a. I didn't decided yet which one of those four.

May 5, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #182 of 333
Can't remember if this review was mentioned here, (and the lack of search sucks, cba to Google-search this thread);
http://inearspace.com/2017/02/20/elemental-watson-no-thrills-performance/

@CarlosUnchained the excerpt from page 2: They state they used a wide range of flagship headphones when designing this including the HD800 and others such as Beyerdynamic T1/T5p, Audeze LCD-X, Grado PS1000e, Mr Speakers Ether and Fostex TH900.

I wonder where that's "stated", anybody seen a source?

May 12, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #184 of 333
Is anyone else getting an extremely loud popping sound in their headphones when turning the amp off? The product description says it specifically prevents that...
Using with focal elears.
Using my AT M40x i can hear a slight pop, so i feel to say that probably is just you're unit.

May 12, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #185 of 333
Can't remember if this review was mentioned here, (and the lack of search sucks, cba to Google-search this thread);

@CarlosUnchained the excerpt from page 2: They state they used a wide range of flagship headphones when designing this including the HD800 and others such as Beyerdynamic T1/T5p, Audeze LCD-X, Grado PS1000e, Mr Speakers Ether and Fostex TH900.

saw that review a month ago, and i will say that is a good one, this little amp does a good job

May 15, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #187 of 333

It's a great review, however the person that posted it is a banned user, so head-fi may moderate that post if found :)

Jun 1, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #188 of 333
..any more impressions on this little beauty tube amp (especially with planars) ?

Jun 1, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #189 of 333
I have a Grace 9xx linked as a dac to Watson and Kennerton Odin planar as a headphone
All I can say - what a wonderful combo! Rich smooth sound, very well controlled bass! The only thing that disappoints me is how precise I have to use the volume pot - Odins are quite sensitive for a planar.

Jul 18, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #190 of 333
this thread is on the die away path ...

Aug 9, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #191 of 333
Stumble across this little amp while browsing around a local audio store and interested to find out more and found myself here.

Anyone here using this little one with your HD800s? I thought it scaled pretty well with the HD800s during a brief listen at the local store. I have a iDSD Black Label, I'm not sure if I need this.

Aug 9, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #192 of 333
Despite you're black label this is a hybrid amp, so yes you may need this, especially if you like some of that tube sound

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #194 of 333
It's a pretty powerful amp for how small it is... it drives the HD800s and HD800 very well. I think it could add something special to what you have
well let's be honest here, this is a damn good amp, which yes does a very good job, it's more a matter of personal taste, you may like it or you may not....

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #195 of 333
A little late to the party... took the leap and bought an Elemental Watson.

Looking forward to try it out with my existing gears and see how much enjoyable it is.

According to the local vendor, it's one of the fastest moving gear they carry... yet, I don't see it readily available on second-hand market locally. It's a keeper to most? I wonder and I hope I'll share the same experience too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back